gallery_45765_12339_658783.png

Sons of Guilliman,

The Eye of Terror has opened yet again. Tzeentch's daemonic legions, the treacherous Thousand Sons, and even their twisted Daemon-Primarch Magnus, have emerged from the Warp and are causing untold destruction to the worlds around Cadia. The Ultramarines and their successors, champions and protectors of the Imperium and its people, must push back this tide of horrors and liberate as many Imperial worlds as they can.
Round up your neophytes, fire up your forges, arm your battle-brothers!

The time of ending is near and the sons of Guilliman shall not be found wanting...

Start: Wednesday 1st March
End: Friday 31st March @ 23:59 GMT/UTC

How it works:

1) You look at your collection and pick at least one model to paint. The selected models can be assembled, undercoated and/or basecoated with their main colour. No more. If unsure, ask me. I reserve the right to disqualify models which do not stick to this rule.

2) Take a picture of these models, upload it to an online gallery (preferably B&C), and post it in this thread along with a vow stating the number of models to complete by the 31st March and any other details you deem to be relevant (be creative). Once you've made your vow, no changes to it can be made unless I approve those changes (so send me a PM if you need to change something).

3) Paint the models to at least a basic, three-colour standard within the given timeframe (no obligation to base the models but highly encouraged). The colour scheme must be either from the Ultramarine Chapter/Legion, an official successor, a DIY successor, or the Deathwatch Chapter (but with one shoulder pad painted in the colours of a son of Guilliman). No other Chapters shall be allowed.

4) Once finished, take the best pictures you possibly can, upload them, and post them here for all to see.

5) If you have completed your vow, make a second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth/seventh/eighth/ninth/etc vow and continue to bring glory to yourself!

6) Patiently wait the end of the event and the publication of the end results.

7) During the whole while, have fun!

Ranks: The ranking system shall be in effect for this event, too.

Last but not least, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or to PM me!

Now, let us prepare for war and give Chaos a good kick in the teeth. devil.gif

Participation badge

gallery_45765_12339_29986.png
[img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12339/gallery_45765_12339_29986.png]

Participants

Aspecti

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

Brother Captain Ed

Vow 1 [3] | Completed

Daigo Cannon

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

Dosjetka

Vow 1 [1] | Completed

Vow 2 [1] | Completed

Grotsmasha

Vow 1 [1]

Joukernaut

Vow 1 [9] | Completed

Marcus Arias

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

obsidian quacker

Vow 1 [1] | Completed

phoenix01

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

Vow 2 [1] | Completed

Pr3Mu5

Vow 1 [1] | Completed

Vow 2 [5] | Completed

Vow 3 [1] | Completed

Rojo

Vow 1 [3] | Completed

ShVagYeR

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

Sugarlessllama

Vow 1 [3] | Completed

Thunder_god

Vow 1 [6]

Wulox

Vow 1 [5] | Completed

Total # participants: 15

Guess I'll be the one to start us off!

I vow to paint FIVE Ultramarine Legion Cataphractii Terminators before 31st March.

http://i.imgur.com/RFJdGsc.jpg

As you can see, I already started the sword some months ago before I got bored of them. Hoping this is okay, if not I can repaint it blue and then post my vow. tongue.png

+ Participants list updated to this point. +

I vow to paint three Vindicators, a Predator Annihilator and a Contemptor Dreadnought before March 31st! smile.png

You really like the idea of being the resident Ultramarine tread-head/Techmarine, don't you? tongue.png

I will also complete a 1,000 word backstory for them to go with the librarian rankings.

Neat. thumbsup.gif

I vow to complete 5 battle brothers

Welcome to the forum!

I hereby vow to paint 3 rapier quad mortars to the best of my abilities before March 31st 2017 to reinforce my ultramarine army in the battle against the treacherous traitors.

Doesn't look like you're trying to make friends with three Rapier Quad Mortars. laugh.png

Can't do it better than what's there, unfortunately. sad.png

Hit me with the base artwork and I'll have a look if you'd like thumbsup.gif

The UM symbol is an uneven number of pixels across so I'm not sure there's much I can do. Besides, it really doesn't bother me all that much that there's an extra pixel of white on one side. But thanks for the offer, brother. thumbsup.gif

I vow to paint a Land Raider Redeemer,a Land Speeder and a Dreadnought by March 31st to reinforce the Howling Griffons Task Force Espada de Imperator. Sadly my computer and the internet has decided to hate me again, so a picture of the primed models will follow in the next couple of days before the work begins.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/c602b4eb-fa5a-4b59-8f7a-35259ea95ad9.jpg

The top corner contains the models and the bottom corner shows the sponsons and such to go with the Land Raider.  Please ignore the mess in the middle if you can...

@Dosjetka, well I do have a few vehicles in my collection... most of them unfinished biggrin.png I hope it's ok to post this here:
gallery_73823_12932_154446.jpg

These events give me motivation to paint units I really wont be using in any competitive games but I still want to have them painted one day :) I have a fourth Predator, a Land Raider Crusader and at least three more Rhinos that need to be stripped and re-painted :D

Sorry if this sounds stupid but it'll be my first vow and I can't seem to work out how to post a picture.

I require your assistance brothers.

Here's the BnC's guide to it: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/141716-posting-and-hosting-images-at-the-bc/

But for a shortened version, if you're on a pc, upload the image to an image hosting website such as imgur or photobucket or even the BnC's own gallery. Once uploaded you should be able to right click the image on the site and depending on what Internet browser you are using there should be an option saying "copy image address" or something similar. You wanna hit that and then come back to the forums and paste it within some image tags.

Youre looking to end up with something like this:

[img]http://www.imageaddress.com[/img]

Replace the stuff in yellow with your image address that you copied.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see what you post up!

I, phoenix01, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear to fully paint one 5-man Vanguard Veteran squadron with jump packs before Friday the 31st day of March 017 M2 for the glory of our Primarch. In that time, I shall provide one "start" picture (posted below) and at least one "finish picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring honor to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions. For Guilliman and the Emperor!

gallery_37154_11353_1304657.jpg

What is going on here!?  Brothers, we do not vow by saying "Hey, I vow this model, yo."  Entering a sacred vow into a painting event upon the Emperor's Most Holy and Dedicated Bolter & Chainsword is a most serious and sober venture!  

Where is your gravitas?!  Where is your dignitas!?  Where is your noblesse?  (I would say zeal, but I don't want to pay the royalty fee to the Templars...)

Behold:

I, Brother Captain Ed, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear to fully paint a Veteran Assault Sergeant and two Assault Squad Brothers before Friday the 31st day of March. In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour! 

Pic to follow. 

Great to see so many people joining up within the first couple of days!

Decided to kick my backend into gear and started painting today. Currently got most of the gold done on my 5 terminators. Will post update pictures in a bit!

Frankly, it had been so long since I did one of these (2012), I didn't remember the wording, Brother Captain Ed. Thanks.

Eh, I'm mostly just ribbing everyone.  It's not a big deal.  I just find the formal vows are not only very 40k-esque, but they get me amped to paint!

Archived