Chalnath Expanse Liberation Hobby Event

duz_

gallery_30308_9518_30331.jpg

As the vile Tau attempt to spread false lies across the Eastern Fringe, the might of the Imperium stirs to remove their taint from the sector.

Introduction
With new Munitorum approved strategies available to all Guardsmen regiments in the recent publication +++978-1-78826-771-7+++ nearby regiments should prepare to for deployment to the Eastern Fringe to expel the Tau menace. The Munitorum requests that each regiment deploy a new detachment to best determine the effectiveness of the new strategies.
Chalnath Expanse Liberation Participation
The goal of this event is to rustle up those old and new models and put them together into a coherent, painted fighting force. Before pledging any models commander that are participating must declare one of the 8th Edition Force Organization Detachment they will attempt to complete (or at least complete the minimum number of units required for the detachment to be considered legal).
As usual a pre-painted picture of the model(s) / unit(s) pledge is required (primed miniatures are acceptable). Pledged models can be assembled or assembled. If you're unsure consult your nearest friendly neighbourhood commissar for assistance before vowing.
Event Period
The Chalnath Expanse Liberation runs from now until the 12th of April, by the B&C's clock i.e. any completion post time up to and including the 12th of April.
Pledging to the Event
Make your vow in any way you wish, at any point during the event, to this topic with a Detachment declaration and a starting picture. You may add models to it at any time also, just be sure to let the commissariat know when you do.

For those loyal soldiers who participate in the name of the Emperor they may have the honour of using the below image in their signature line:

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpg

[img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpg]
Successfully Completing
A successful vow is one that has all of your vowed models declared completed with an associated picture by the deadline, and will earn you a new signature award image!
Failing Your Vow
Per standard Munitorum procedure: If you fail to complete your vow you will shame yourself and your regiment before your peers, and the commissariat will be very disappointed. For a particularly egregious failure a missive may be written to your parents detailing your poor performance and the consequences thereof.

Remember:

+++The alien fails because it can not embrace the Emperor +++

Edited by duz_

Participating regiments

Cap'm Heckus

Detachment Size: Battalion COMPLETED

​

• Commissar Yarrick

• Tempestor Prime

• 3x 5-man Scion Squad

2nd Detachment Size: Outrider COMPLETED

​

• Primaris Psyker

• 3x Sentinels

• 1x 3-man Bullgryn Squad

3rd Detachment Size: Supreme Command COMPLETED

​

• 3x Company Commanders

WarriorFish

Detachment Size: Patrol COMPLETED
  • Tempestor Prime
  • 1x 5-man Scion Squad

Azekai

Detachment Size: Patrol COMPLETED

• Primaris Psyker
  • 1x 10-man Infantry Squad
  • 1x 10-man Veteran Squad
  • 1x Chimera

Mordian Glory

• Tempestor Prime
  • 2x 5-man Scion Squad

longjohnsilver

• Company Commander
  • Platoon Commander
  • 1x Infantry Squad

Focslain

Detachment Size: Air Wing COMPLETED

• 1x Vulture
  • 2x Vendetta

Closet Skeleton

Detachment Size: Vanguard COMPLETED

• Primaris Pysker
  • 1x Veteran Squad
  • 1x Special Weapons Squad
  • 1x Taurox
  • 3x Chimera 

Lord Marshal

• Lord Commissar
  • 1x 5-man Scion Squad

CaptainDangerous

Detachment Size: Vanguard COMPLETED

• Company Commander
  • 3x 3-man Ogryn Squads

Edited by duz_
Updated 04-14 1830

I too have a large number of scions needing love but I’ll probably pledge a patrol for now if that’s acceptable. If I’m feeling productive in April I’ll bump it to a battalion though the pull of Space Wolves has been strong...

A patrol is definitely acceptable!

I am debating between a patrol or a Battalion / vanguard myself

I need to assess my current status of sprue grey Scions to decide

Curses! I have a Battalion of Scions needing new heads and a coat of paint but I'm so busy for the next month that project is on hold. Another time :(

Nonsense you have plenty of time! :lol:

I foresee PA bringing a lot of Stormtroopers out for this. I have a medley 2nd Ed gas mask troopers, kasrkin, and scions to choose from. They all need paint...

Edit: it’s been an age but I’ll try to remember how to post pics of unpainted models when I get off work.

Update: I will be doing a scion battalion. Commissar Yarrick, a Temp. Prime, and 3 5-man scion squads.

gallery_69131_16189_71516.jpeg

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

Soooo....very intrigued as I pulled my guardsdoodsmen out of the box for a lil "pew-pew" sound effects and reminiscing... and then i blew the dust off the box of grey shame and started to glue some olde primed doods onto bases and gazed longingly at all the stuffs' needing to be assembled.

I have no idea on this 8th edition battalion/command points/ 3 lists in a list,etc etc Al... Is like y'all are speaking a foreign language as I am exiting the warp from 30k and showing back up in the present time.

×××What do ya mean that Cadia is GONE!?!?

primaris is a thing...girlyman is back leadi g the blue boys?×××

I'm ready to assemble something like 40 dudes, 3 sentinels, 3 middle launcher teams, an arvus lighter, 3 assault centaurs and a CRASSÃœS... I have sooooo much to repaint with new scheme...

[And I need some help figuring out how to maximize what I have to what I need to assemble to best represent a PDF.]

✓I have a command squad, several psykers, 20 dudes, 3 meltas, 2 grenade launchers, 2 sniper rifles, a hydra, a storm chimera, 2 centaurs and 3 mortar teams already painted and a bombard, a Minotaur, a laser destroyer and 2 russe's primed.

Also... I got a resizer app for my phone (lit photo) to shrink pics to load and I need help figuring out what size is best as the ones I loaded came out TINY?!?!

As long as they're from the Guard codex they count :wink:

Tragedy has struck, a Munitorum processing error has resulted in miscalculation of available resources - I only have one box of Stormies, not enough for even a Patrol :sad.:

edit: the Emperor provides for the faithful, the box has been found! :D A detachment of the 501 will assist in the righteous cleansing of xenos filth - victory is no doubt assured!

Edited by WarriorFish

I initially thought that this was far beyond me until I saw the Patrol Detachment being mentioned - thats 1 HQ and 1 Troop, right? That's eminantly do-able!

First I need to root around and find some models, I did pack them away. Infantry should be easy to find but I'm sure I have a HQ model around somewhere :sweat:

I thought my tempestus battalion was daunting too, but I got them set up in my paint ting table and it’s only 17 models. I can do this!

I pulled out my Tempestus mini codex from last edition for inspiration and I think I’m going to shoot for the Lambdan Lion colors: grey armor over black fatigues with crimson helmets or caps.

Edit: I misspoke. It’s Iotan Dragons colors, not lions.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

Would brood brothers or traitor guard be able to participate? I'd be happy to repel the filthy (but delicious!) Tau but my guardsmen tend to go rogue.

Brood Brother? I think you mean Infantry Squad painted with a purple glaze.

I pulled out my Tempestus mini codex from last edition for inspiration and I think I’m going to shoot for the Lambdan Lion colors: grey armor over black fatigues with crimson helmets or caps.

That sounds like a cool scheme, I look forward to seeing them painted up! :thumbsup:

Great work all! I will try and update current pledges and provide more specific answers this evening when I'm home on my pc.
Few quick ones for now

Great to see you back Lion!
Azekai as long as you pledge them according to the IG codex the =][= can deal with the particulars later :wink: 
WF that's simple! Buy a new box or more fittingly make a Supreme Command Detachment :laugh.: 
Arkaniss spot on :thumbsup: 
Heckus let see some pics!

Good to see Scions mobilising!

Edited by duz_

If we complete a Detachment, are we then able to 'upgrade' our Vow to another? Would said Detachment/Vow include the units we've already completed? (EG: A Patrol vow upgraded to a Battalion would count as already having one x1 HQ and x1 Troop)? 

Like a few others here I'm going to dig out a box of Storm Troopers I think. Whether they're the old metal ones I found or the 'new' plastics we'll just have to see...

Edited by Lord Marshal

Here we go, one Patrol Detachment ready to liberate the Emperor's domain from xenos scum:

gallery_30308_10604_3699.jpg

I should get them primed and ready for painting by tomorrow :thumbsup: The Sergeant's arms are magnetised of course, but I decided not to both with the Prime. He's too busy organising victory to worry about using fancy wargear. Also I'm out of magnets and my list drill bit has lost the tip :tongue.: