Troops.gif Imperial Fists Expansion III Troops.gif

gallery_45765_7614_24009.jpg

In the wake of the recent rise in Chaos and Warp activity, the Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists has decreed that his Chapter must bolster its strength to counter the rising and terrible threat. All battle-brothers have been recalled to the Phalanx to re-arm and prepare for the coming onslaught. New aspirants have been recruited in the hope that a number of them will complete the full transformation into an Astartes to replace losses caused by the upcoming conflicts. The Techmarines and their Servitors aboard Chapter Forge-Ships work ceaselessly to repair damaged wargear and produce new materials of war. The Chapter Ancients are being roused to better aid their Chapter with their extensive wisdom and knowledge in warfare. The Chaplains, deep within the Reclusiam, prepare their sermons and most holy relics. The Librarians steel their minds against the predations of thw Warp, expecting the surge of malefic psychic activity. The line Astartes, each confined for a short time to their hab-cells, reflect upon the upcoming war effort, each Battle-Brother with vows to their Primarch and the Emperor of Mankind upon their lips.
And yet, despite the martial prowess of the Astartes under his command and the great war machines that he has at his disposal, the Chapter Master, ever concious of the Legions of Chaos that lie in wait within the Great Eye, has sent out astropathic hails far out into the galaxy, attempting to reach the ears of the other Chapters who claim to be of the great line of Dorn.
The Crimson Fists, Celestial Lions, Excoriators, Executioners, Subjugators, Iron Knights, and even the renegade Soul Drinkers, have been contacted to send their own Battle-Brothers to fight back their traitorous brethren and corrupted followers.

After many months of preparation, hundreds of fully armoured Battle-Brothers assemble in the Great Hall aboard the Phalanx, before the Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists. The thousand voices all shout the same words, loud and clear, in defiance to the Warp-filth that spills forth from the Immaterium:

"For Dorn and the Emperor!"

HQ.gif Rules HQ.gif

• You may enter any models that represent the proud Sons of Dorn. No other models/Chapters will be allowed (if unsure, this list gives you a good indication; please note that DIY Chapters are accepted);
  • The Expansion runs from today, 15th September 2015, until 23:00 GMT on 15th December 2015. Any models submitted after this deadline will not be counted;
  • You may make up to six vows over the course of the Expansion. However, if you do make multiple vows, but fail to complete the last one, the previous vows will be counted towards your vow completion total. You must also complete your first vow to be able to make a second one, complete your second before vowing a third, etc;
  • Each vow must be made up of at least one unit from the latest Codex: Space Marines, Imperial Armour Vol 2 - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, or the relevant Forge World Horus Heresy books. No exceptions.
  • After each vow is made, you must supply a "starting picture" (the state your models are in before you start building/painting them), at least one "work in progress" (WIP) update, and a final "completed" picture. If you wish to post more WIP updates, you are free to do so. Also, if you wish to post your progress in your own thread in the Forge or here in the subforum, you're also free to do so, providing that you send me a PM with a link to your thread!
  • For those of you who like to write some fluff for your units, I can only encourage you to do so, as their might be a special something for you once the competiton ends (along with a few other potential surprises for others).
  • If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to post them in this thread, or to PM me directly.
For the vow, there is no "official" format, but if you copy/paste and complete the following form, you should be good:

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of [insert Chapter name here] to paint and present at least [unit name and amount] on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Elite.gif Vows Elite.gif

Imperial Fists Expansion III Vows
ID Frater Chapter Units Vow Complete
I @Armond Executioners One Chaplain Link Link
One five-man Tactical Squad Link Link
One Razorback Link Link
One five-man Assault Squad, one Land Speeder Typhoon Link Link
One six-man Tactical Squad, one Razorback, one Ironclad Dreadnought, one Venerable Dreadnought, one Drop Pod, one Vindicator Link Link
One eight-man Tactical Squad, one Razorback, one Ironclad Dreadnought, one Command Squad, one Captain, one Librarian Link Link
One Dreadnought, one Drop Pod, three Terminators Link Link
II @Augustus b'Raass Imperial Fists One five-man Scout Squad Link Link
One Whirlwind Link Link
One Whirlwind Link Link
One Captain, one Primus Medicae on Bike Link Link
One Attack Bike, one Whirlwind Link Link
One five-man Devastator Squad, one five-man Tactical Squad Link Link
One Razorback, one Attack Bike, one five-man Tactical Squad Link Link
III @BattleBrotherJohn Soul Drinkers Two ten-man Tactical Squads Link Link
IV @Brother Pheidias Imperial Fists One five-man Tactical Squad, one Captain, one Chaplain, one Librarian Link Link
V Interdictors One Rhino Link Link
VI @Capitano N/A One Sternguard Veteran Squad Link Link
VII @deathspectersgt7 Iron Knights One Captain Link Link
[/td] Executioners One Captain Link Link
Fire Lords One Veteran Sergeant Link Link
Excoriators One Chapter Champion Link Link
VIII @Demus Ragnok Death Strike One Chaplain Link Link
IX @DimDim Imperial Fists One Praetor Link Link
X @Disruptor_fe404 Sentinels Three Honour Guard Link Link
XI @Dosjetka Imperial Fists One Chaplain Link Link
XII @Gaius Atticus Crimson Fists One ten-man Tactical Squad, one Razorback Link Link
XIII @Grotsmasha N/A One Captain Link Link
XIV @Helias Tancred Crimson Fists One Ironclad Dreanought, three Land Speeders, one Captain Link Link
XV @jimbo13 Imperial Fists One Siege Breaker (Centurion) Link Link
One Mortis-Contemptor Link Link
One Support Squad Link Link
XVI @krakenfiend Imperial Fists Two three-man Bike Squads, each with one attached Attack Bike Link Link
XVII @Lachdannan Imperial Fists One Legion Apothcary Link Link
XVIII @nightwing1511 Imperial Fists One Command Squad Link Link
XIX @nusphigor CrimsonFists Three Captains, one Librarian Link Link
XX @ShVagYeR Imperial Fists One Captain Link Link
XXI Imperial Fists One First-Captain Sigismund Link Link
XXII @valhalla130 Imperial Fists One ten-man Tactical Squad, one Captain, one Librarian Link Link
XXIII @WITCHKING501 Imperial Fists One ten-man Breacher Squad Link Link
One Sicaran Battle Tank, one five-man Destroyer Squad Link Link
XXIV @Wulfgar Ironmane N/A One First-Captain Sigismund, one Captain Link Link
XXV @Zopha Imperial Fists One three-man Outrider Squad Link Link

+ + + + + + + +

Before I forget, here is the participation banner that you should all wear in your signature to show your participation in this Expansion!

(500x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_88235.png

(400x50 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_27614.png

(300x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_66418.png

(300x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_73328.png

(33x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_2623.png

Last but not least, enjoy yourselves! And if ever you fail to make it, there's always the Pain Glove msn-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, just what I needed to go along with my Killteam stuff for my local group!

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Chaplain of the indomitable Executioners' Chapter valued at 105 points  on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Deathspeaker Codrus(Chaplain with Jump Pack)

12038030_10156128258150249_6624040649417

12003358_10156128258170249_6307700710293

Still working on the left arm position and a few other modifications.  But overall this is he.

I, WITCHKING501, vow on the honour of my Legion to paint and present at least 10 Breacher marines of value 255 pts on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my first vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Attached is the first WIP, cleaned and ready for priming

http://i.imgur.com/7fsW3co.jpg

I, Slipstreams, vow on the honour of my Legion to paint and present at least First Captain Sigismund for a value of 230pts on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

In the event that I cant vow Sigismund, it'll be Unnamed Captain McBadass instead tongue.png

I, Captain Helias Tancred, vow on the honour of the Crimson Fist Chapter, to paint and present at least 1 Ironclad Dreadnought, 1 Landspeeder squadron of 3 speeders, and 1 Crimson Fist Captain on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

THERE IS ONLY THE EMPEROR, HE IS OUR SHIELD AND PROTECTOR!!

I DSS7 Vow to honor one of my many Chapters and vow one Newly promoted Captain Hervald Strom of the Iron Knights.the only two time winner of the feast of blades. I promise 2 WIPs updates with pics and point value to follow soon. On or before 15/12/15 . vow to honor the memory of Dorn and his Father by completing said Vow before the assembled might of his Sons .

med_gallery_70257_8436_423293.jpg

I, Demus Ragnok, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Chaplain with jump pack of the Death Strike chapter on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

As Grotsmasha said, whats one more Challenge...?

I, Brother SP, Master of the Interdictors Chapter; forgotten sons of Dorn, vow to complete 1 Space Marine Rhino before the 15th of December. I vow to provide before, two during and one after picture during this time.  Duty till Death!

(I was going to throw in the Tactical Squad for the Rhino but I have already started them for the Tale of Hobbyists. No one minds if I paint the same units I am doing for that right?)

I'm in!!!!

I, JIimbo13, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present an Imperiial Fists Siege Breaker on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

http://i.imgur.com/U1XGM6J.jpg

I hope so as thats what I am doing/done... See what the boss says?

Looks like we're in the clear, mate!

DIY are indeed allowed. Will add it to the rules later on today, as well as update the vow list smile.png

Most excellent. And with that...

I, disruptor_fe404, vow on the honour of the Sentinels to paint and present at least one unit of Honour Guard (2 Honour Guard and 1 Chapter Champion) on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Valhalla130, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one tac squad of 10 members, one captain, and one librarian on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/valhalla130/Hobby%20Progress/007_zpsfwbjqql5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/valhalla130/Hobby%20Progress/009_zpsvuhw2ot1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/valhalla130/Hobby%20Progress/011_zpsdlscem53.jpg

If those get done, and with me, there are no guarantees, then I will enter my second tac squad.  Also,. that first tac squad is almost finished, but has been sitting staring me down for some time.  I still need to finish painting guns, glosscoat, decal, glosscoat the decals, dullcote the whole thing and finally do bases.   

If it doesn't count because it is almost done as is, then I will go ahead and substitute my second tac squad: 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/valhalla130/Hobby%20Progress/008_zpsqw8eyr2d.jpg

First post updated with vows and rule update for DIY Chapters smile.png

(I was going to throw in the Tactical Squad for the Rhino but I have already started them for the Tale of Hobbyists. No one minds if I paint the same units I am doing for that right?)

If you want to add the Tactical Squad as a second vow, you're free to do so, SP smile.png

What if one of the two tac squads I want to do is almost finished already? Can I count it? It's just about there, but been sitting on the desk for over a month now.

No problem with vowing that squad in! I'm not too strict about this kind of thing, and you have vowed some other models that are in a very early stage of painting/unpainted, so that's fine!

I, Nightwing, vow on the honour of The Imperial Fista to paint and present at least one command squad on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

gallery_68567_11252_58997.jpg

Still waiting on some bits to arrive before I can begin properly ;)

Although I don't have an Imperial Fists army (yet), it'll be fun to paint something yellow for a change. :)

I, ShVagYeR, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present an Imperial Fists Captain on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates with pictures in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Here's a shot of very early stages. I found these mostly 2nd hand bits in my box, unfortunately the original AoBR backpack banner was nowhere to be found. Next step: bathe the painted parts in brake fluid, remove mold lines & stuff, assemble, prime.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NYGWcBS18_A/Vfrwmsoa9lI/AAAAAAAAKrs/pqdgOpcnxQg/s1600/imperial_fists_captain.jpg

Single model makes for quick work, here are the current WIP pics

Some metal basecoating going on:

12011332_10156138574375249_6896934629031

Crozius arm work:

12002267_10156138574400249_1242264006330

And views from all sides as of right now.  He is almost done, just gotta base and a few more details:

12002761_10156138574620249_557384728965111836807_10156138574590249_378594822578212039280_10156138574485249_795857389782212038105_10156138574560249_872890113872912043142_10156138574450249_8654284496475

By Dorn my vow is complete!

11988723_10156139787740249_6989162654123

And with that done, 

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least A Tactical Demi-Squad (5 x Marines) with a meltagun valued at 80 points  on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

12004116_10156139817705249_3730347148197

Hopefully done by tomorrow evening, depends on what I am doing for the day.  In any case should be done relatively quick.  Then I will try to get a Razorback with TLAssCannons.  Then, who knows...

Archived