+++ Trooping the Colour: An IG Hobby Event +++

duz_

+++++ Incoming Transmission +++++

To celebrate the return of the Lord Commander Roboute Guilliman and the successes of the Indomitus Crusade there shall be a Trooping of the Colour.
To mark this occasion each regiment is expected to raise an additional Battalion to commit to the Crusade.
Success shall be rewarded, failure will not be tolerated.

+++++ End Transmission +++++

The next campaign is upon us Commanders!

gallery_30308_9518_17588.jpg

The goal of the event is to help motivate you to build, expand or finish your Guard army!

We commence today, Friday the 12th of January!
All new units are expected to report to the parade ground by, 23:59hrs 31st March 2018 Terran time*
(* or local)

As usual, before and after pictures will be required to prove you have completed a unit.
Models can be partially completed to vow, however this is at the discretion of the Commissariat.

Eg.

• Acceptable: Unit / Models(s) is undercoated + base coat is applied
  • Unacceptable: Unit / Model(s) only requires minor highlights and touch ups for completion

Commanders will earn a rank and corresponding medal based on the number of units raised.
The commander who successfully raises the most units will be awarded title of Lord Castellan**.

(**That is until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

A commander will receive a promotion each time they raise a single unit.

The limit on number of units that can be raised per FoC slot is below:

• 3 HQs
  • 6 Troop
  • 3 Fast Attack
  • 3 Elite
  • 3 Heavy Support
  • 3 Lord of War
  • 3 Flyers
  • 3 Dedicated Transports

Additional promotions can be achieved by submitting to the Ministorum copies of your regular reports.

As with raising units, you will be eligible for a promotion per report submitted. The eligible reports you can submit and the total number that will be accepted during this event is listed below:

• 1 Regimental lore piece
  • 2 Character background pieces
  • 2 Batreps

(NB: There is the potential to outstrip the number of ranks available for the budding commander. However all units completed will be noted on your Campaign Badge and will count towards the overall total when deciding the new Castellan.)

When raising a unit you should notify the Ministorum by sending the below transmission, as well as appropriate documentation***.
(*** Before picture)

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander <name> of the <regiment>, shall raise a <unit> by 31st March."

To show your devotion to the Emperor and fielty to the Lord Commander, we have prepared this badge you can proudly display in your signature, should you participate****
(****Those who are not able to participate immediately report to the Commissariat)

gallery_30308_9518_886.jpg

Start your preparations now!

gallery_30308_9518_40120.jpg

Vow Tracking:

WarriorFish

Vow 2

Vow 3

Vow 4

Lord Ranulf

Vow 2

The Taffster
  • Company Commander
  • Command Squad
  • 2 Infantry Squads
  • 1 Squad Bullgryns
  • Sentinel
  • Chimera
  • Leman Russ
  • Baneblade

librisrouge
Calgar 2.0

Vow 2

• 1 Company Commander
  • 2 Infantry Squads
  • 1 Chimera
  • 1 Veteran Squad
ImperialSquishiness

Vow 2

Vow 3

Vow 4

Vow 5

Henimann
  • 4 infantry squads / Completed 1
  • 2 Company Commanders
  • Griffon
  • 2 Sentinels

Vow 2

Elmo
Reyner
(needs before pics)
  • Infantry Squad
Dis_Interested

Vow 2

Brother Argent

Reviler

Vow 2

Tallarn Commander
Hatarus
  • 1 Platoon Squad
  • 1 Company Commander
  • Lore of character: Company commander Victorak "hero of Factorum 43" / Completed
  • Lore of character: General Isacs "Liberator of Valion"
  • Lore of character: Lord commissar Roak / Completed
  • Lore of character: Sargent Brank "1st company veteran anti armour squad 3"
  • Regiment Lore: Cadian 583rd
  • Regiment Lore: Valion 1st
  • Batrep: Defense of Factorum 43
  • Batrep: Untold story of the Loebos Campaign the trenches of 2nd company
walter h

Vow 2

Boyadventurer

Chris521

Vow 1

Vow 2

Arganias
  • 1 Infantry squad
  • 1 Scion squad
  • 1 Company commander
  • 1 Tempestor prime
DevilishImp

Vow 2

• 1 Infantry Squad
  • 2 Leman Russ
lionofjudah
(need before pics)

Grotsmasha
Mordian Glory

Vow 2

Vow 3

Ultra Rich
  • Sly Marbo

Closet Skeleton
  • 1 heavy weapon squad
  • 2 infantry squad
  • 1 commander
  • 1 command squad
  • 1 ratling squad
Res Ipsa Loquitur
  • Commander
  • Command Squad
  • Infantry Squad
Nicodemus Doloroso
  • Crusader unit
Brother Aether

Danny Cyanide

Vow 2

duz_
Captain Titus
  • 2 Infantry Squads
Level9red
  • 2 company commanders
  • 2 infantry squads
  • 3 special weapon squads
  • Flyer (TBA - need before pics)
P3akhour

List updated 180413

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise a Platoon Commander by 31st March. +++VOW COMPLETED +++

tLi4ZN7.jpg

T4dEjxZ.jpg

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise a Ministorum Priest by 31st March.  +++VOW COMPLETED +++

HK3L106.jpg

oCBEkvr.jpg

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise an Infantry Squad by 31st March.

MQlshqw.jpg

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise a Heavy Weapon Squad by 31st March. +++VOW COMPLETED +++

ymhQnVb.jpg

fblLwzC.jpg

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise an Armoured Sentinel by 31st March. +++VOW COMPLETED +++

5CNF6kM.jpg

4ahTwa3.jpg

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Commander Ranulf of the 15th Hyrkan, shall raise a Ogryn Bodyguard by 31st March. +++VOW COMPLETED +++

l6Qg6AO.jpg

bDNJqwU.jpg

:sweat: 

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Taffster, Commander of the Cadian 211th, shall raise a Battlegroup consisting of: a Company Commander and Command Squad, Two Infantry Squads, 3 Bullgryns, a Sentinel, Chimera and Leman Russ by 31st March.

Grey Plastic:

Glorious is it not?

yEUXBaI.jpg

xaqwTfY.jpg

"In the name of the Holy God-Emperor of Mankind, may his beneficence always shine upon us, I Commander librisrouge of the 333rd Odyssian Void Grenadiers, shall raise a hellhound, two infantry squads, two senior officers, and a ministorum priest by 31st March. May we succeed in our endeavors or may the Emperor have mercy on our souls."

Awesome work all! :biggrin.:

Don't forget your before pictures with your vow post!
As the Commissariat likes to say, "Trust, but verify"!

@Taffster, great to see such a lofty goal early on! If you could list each unit out in the vow though that would be great. Also don't forget to imbeed a picture of all that grey plastic you will be assembling for the Emperor! :wink:

@Taffster, great to see such a lofty goal early on! If you could list each unit out in the vow though that would be great. Also don't forget to imbeed a picture of all that grey plastic you will be assembling for the Emperor! :wink:

Updated my post to include my list, unable to embed due to an error "You are not allowed to post that extension on this community", will try again later - Edit: Adding .jpg to the url sorted the issue, now you can see all the glorious grey plastic that's to be assembled!

But yeah, got the Battleforce for Christmas and am really looking forward to building some models, it's been too long since I've opened a new box, I think 2 months is easily doable, especially once I get my airbrush setup.. 

I just started painting my Minotaur today and my Leman Russes yesterday :P base coats are down can I still pledge them in addition to what else I’m doing?

Pics of these vehicles so the Commissariat can decide.

In the name of the Good Emperor, I, Calgar 2.0 of the Jopall 22nd Indentured Squadron shall raise one Leman Russ Exterminator by March 31st.

Edit: Just saw the requirements for a before picture. Will post one soon.

Pictures aren't essential for your starting pledge if you're keen to make your mark - just be sure to post your WIP to this topic when you have it and update your original vow post with the picture when you do and all is well :smile.:

If you have difficulties posting PM a member of the commissariat for help; if you're getting an image extension message you probably need to change the link to the image directly (i.e. with the extension e.g. .jpg).

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander ImperialSquishiness of the Task Force Anglia combined regiment, shall build and paint a scout sentinel, Company Commander, 2 Heavy Weapon Squads, 3 Psykers, Platoon Commander, techpriest enginseer, strip and repaint a Basilisk, Hellhound, leman Russ battle tank, 2 infantry squads and command squad by 31st March."

In the name of the Emperor, I, Commandant Henimann of the 17th Turador Venerables, pledge to raise four infantry squads, two Company Commanders, a Griffon, and two Sentinels as reinforcements for my regiment.  This pledge will be completed by the 31st of March.  

I just started painting my Minotaur today and my Leman Russes yesterday :P base coats are down can I still pledge them in addition to what else I’m doing?

Pics of these vehicles so the Commissariat can decide.
BC3_A201_E_D49_F_4230_9_B85_6_B0_ACCE21_

09703713_07_DC_4063_9_D1_C_3746_B1_A795_

Looks fancy but it’s just the first base layer after priming, no detail work (tracks and metal parts aren’t even painted) or weathering.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commissar Elmo of the 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade , shall raise 3 Leman Russ Tanks and an Armoured Reconnaissance Car by 31st March."

gallery_62353_11005_69109.jpg

I am only vowing 3 of these 5 at the moment but we will see with the other 2 ;)

gallery_62353_11005_11958.jpg

May you all march with the light of The God Emperor of Mankind at your side in this holy quest.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Dis_Interested of the 19th Ventrillian Nobles, shall raise a Brigade comprised of (at least) 2 company commanders,  1 primaris psyker, 1 astropath, 1 enginseer, 1 command squad, 6 infantry squads, 3 scout sentinels and 3 heavy weapon squads by 31st March.

nobles before

Sentinels

-image of the Primaris Psyker to follow-

" Brenner! Get that gun up! Winters! Trench detail at the double! Sergeant Bleaker, I want that ruin strong enough to withstand a direct artillery hit by nightfall or I swear to Him on Terra the Commiserate will hear of it!" Captain Danse spat orders at his men as they hurried to their duties. He turned to see his Communications Officer standing beside him,

"Report, Soldier!" he demanded and the voxmen saluted smartly,

" Request for reinforcements from the front line, Sir!" he said and Danse smiled grimly,

" About damned time..." he said and turned back to his men.

I, Brother Argent, vow in the name of He Most Holy of Terra and the Lord Commander to raise reinforcements from the 13th New Eden Rifles as well as other New Eden regiments assigned to the warzones alongside them. Firstly I shall complete Captain Arnhem Danse himself (Officer with Bolt Pistol). This I shall do, and more, before 31st March or may I be subject to the tender mercies of the Commissariat.

This will tie in nicely with my Tale of Eight Armies....

Oh and a WIP:

gallery_36568_14038_10150.jpg

But but but but but...I have so many Ultramarines to paint : looks at 50 Ultras arranged in squad formation:. But there's also so many Guardsmen :looks at Ziploc bag full of haphazard Guardsmen. And the pile of Valhallan special models. And the Nurgle, I mean the ABHUMAN auxillary. And the leman russes, and sentinels, and...:

Ok so, let's say the Guardsmen are, just hypothetically, slightly evil. Would that still be ok? I may be able to knock a few things out between blue guys...

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander ImperialSquishiness of the Task Force Anglia combined regiment, shall raise a unit by 31st March."

Don't forget to clarify what the unit is - your WIP picture would do this also :thumbsup:

Looks fancy but it’s just the first base layer after priming, no detail work (tracks and metal parts aren’t even painted) or weathering.

I'm afraid this is beyond the low level start we'd be looking for. Good news as it means the perfect excuse to break out some more Guard models to vow :wink:

But but but but but...I have so many Ultramarines to paint : looks at 50 Ultras arranged in squad formation:. But there's also so many Guardsmen :looks at Ziploc bag full of haphazard Guardsmen. And the pile of Valhallan special models. And the Nurgle, I mean the ABHUMAN auxillary. And the leman russes, and sentinels, and...:

Ok so, let's say the Guardsmen are, just hypothetically, slightly evil. Would that still be ok? I may be able to knock a few things out between blue guys...

The barracks has always welcomed vows from the other side(s) of the fence so long as they are predominantly Guard in nature, and appropriate equivalents to "normal" vow units :smile.: If you're not sure just send the commissariat a picture.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander ImperialSquishiness of the Task Force Anglia combined regiment, shall raise a unit by 31st March."

Don't forget to clarify what the unit is - your WIP picture would do this also
Post edited to reflect what I want to get done.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise a  infantry squad by 31st March."

mcdQXXn.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise a  infantry squad by 31st March."

w6vsUZh.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise a  Mortar squad by 31st March."

67zAzra.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise a  Commissar Lord by 31st March."

HDT9jcd.jpg

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Major Onslow of the Astolate 352nd, shall raise a  Primaris psyker by 31st March."

KIlD5bp.jpg

I know they are all assembled and undercoated, but hopefully the commissariat will let them be entered. I'm looking forward to the motivation to get them done.

UPDATE:  Pics!   

82Bc4pp.jpg

My griffon is stripped and ready to be repainted!  Still probably my favorite artillery tank - I hope FW brings it back as an official unit in their books.

niaoVV6.jpg

Ditto for my Sentinels...they're in pieces, but I should be able to put the two of them back together again.

8qf1aPc.jpg

Last, but not least, everything for my infantry and commanders.  Might end up using one of my old metal officers as a CC, but I have parts enough to make  both out of bitz if I choose to.

Archived