++ Black Crusade 2018 // VOW your SOUL to CHAOS // ETL VI ++

42469217371_d70e19c2ca_c.jpg

Hail, brothers and sisters of the long war! As the followers of the corpse emperor draw closer, we shall muster and unify our forces. This year’s ETL VI is more competitive than ever, as the history-loving fools and the followers of the corpse emperor are putting in a significant effort. Yet, as we bask in the eternity of chaos, we shall laugh in the face of their futile efforts. We shall show these upstarts who the real Primes Inter Pares are:

All chaos players of the CSM, Daemons, and Heretics chaos forums of the ETL VI are hereby called upon to muster their forces and VOW THEIR SOUL TO CHAOS. Come forth, legionnaires and renegades, murderers and sycophants, worshipers and dilettantes! Answer our call to fire up your forges, collect your miniatures, wet your brushes, and start painting!

The Soul Vow is a satellite event of the ETL VI, aimed at doubling, tripling, quadrupling, or even quintupling the points of your first ETL VI vow. There is no limit to the amount of times you want to multiply your points. 

SOUL VOW FORMAT
Those who wish to participate must post their Soul Vow in this thread in the following format, and before they make their second vow in the strategium (excepting those who have already re-vowed before the start of this satellite event). The aim is to double, triple, quadruple, or even quintuple the amount of your first vow's points in the entire ETL

Suppose your first vow in the ETL was 1000 points and you vow to double that amount in this event, then when the ETL closes you must have finished a total of 1000x2=2000 points in the entire ETL. So your first vow's points count to the total amount. As the vow limit in the ETL is always five, you have four vows to make this multiplication. In the example here, you can complete a second vow of 200 points, a third of 500, and a fourth of 300 points, after which you have fulfilled your Soul Vow of doubling your first vow's 1000 points. 

Please post your Soul Vow in this event, using the following format:

“I, [name], vow my soul to chaos and swear to [double / triple / quadruple / quintuple/etc.) my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least [X] times [points cost of first vow] points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

COMPLETIONS

As this is an ETL VI satellite event, the ETL is leading in terms of completions. Only those completions counted in the OP of your relevant Chaos Forum will be counted here. So please make sure that your completions are recorded on time. If yours haven't been recorded, please contact Captain Semper, the ETL VI event organizer. 

PREVIOUS BLACK CRUSADES

Black Crusade I

Black Crusade II

Black Crusadie III

REWARDS
Naturally, there’s a banner* and/or medallion* for those participating, and there will be medallions with pips for those who complete their SOUL VOW!
35tL31s.png RqUHGy0.png
**Just as a quick reminder to all to keep an eye on the amount of image space used in your signature. The limit it 999pixels x 100pixels. Just so you can gauge it better, the sizes used on the graphics here are:
Banner= 300x100
Square= 100x100
Medallion= 33x100
You can also add images to your 'about me' page in your profile. This is a great way to display your hard work in forum events like this one and the upcoming E Tenebrae Lux.

FAQ:

Q: If I make a soul vow, do I have to fulfill the doubling/tripling/etc. in one single vow or can I use as many as I want?

A: You can use as many vows (up to four) as you want to fulfill your soul vow. Suppose your first vow was 1500 points, and your Soul Vow is to double that amount in the ETL, you can use up to four vows to fulfill your Soul Vow - for example Vow 2: 600 points, Vow 3: 200 points, Vow 4: 400 points, and Vow 5: 300 points. :thumbsup:How you fulfil your Soul Vow is up to you - but remember: completion of your latest ETL vow is most important. :biggrin.:

Q: Can you explain what you mean by 'multiplying your ETL VI vow' by using the standard example of doubling?
A: If you double your original ETL VI vow, your total ETL VI points should reach at least twice your original vow's points. So suppose your original vow is worth 1500 points, the total amount of your completed ETL VI points should be at least 3000. 

SOUL VOWS:

Augustus b'Raass 2032 x 2

Azekai 700 x 2

Celtic_cauldron 577 x 3

Commander Dawnstar 605 x 3

Dragonlover 479 x 5 

Dr_Ruminahui 391 x 3

DuskRaider 441 x 5

Eldrick Shadowblade 406 x 3

Freakshow688 502 x 3

Gederas 996 x 2

gianlucafiorentini123 672 x 3

Lhorke The First 191 x 2

Pearson73 190 x 6

Razblood 468 x 4

RolandTHTG 273 x 5

Sgt. Blank 201 x 2

Tallarn Commander 512 x 2

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least 2 times 2032 points for a total of 4064 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

I, Razblood hereby vow my soul to Chaos and will quadruple my initial vow of 468pts for a total of 1872pts to be completed by August 1st 2018.

Failure will lead to chastisement, which won't be awesome since I'm not doing Slaanesh this year :devil:

I, RolandTHTG, vow my soul to the Lady of excess and swear to quintuple my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least 5 times 273 points, for a total of at least 1638 points completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

YESSSS NEW RECRUITS FOR THE BLACK CRUSADE!!

Welcome
Razblood and RolandTHTG!!!

Take your banner or medallion:
35tL31s.png RqUHGy0.png

@ Teetengee: Yes, I did lift that, as the restriction was just a clever ruse to motivate others to join the CSM forum. It worked ;)

I'm considering this for when I fulfill my first vow as I'm certainly planning to do enough points across the event, but I'm still not sure whether I'm willing to go all-in on pledging all of my planned models at once or sticking to my original plan and breaking them up across two separate vows and months. There isn't a massive amount of difference between the two but I can't help but find it far more imposing to commit to doing everything rather than taking on half and seeing how long that takes me to get sorted out. We'll see.

@ Commander Dawnstar:

I'm considering this for when I fulfill my first vow as I'm certainly planning to do enough points across the event, but I'm still not sure whether I'm willing to go all-in on pledging all of my planned models at once or sticking to my original plan and breaking them up across two separate vows and months. There isn't a massive amount of difference between the two but I can't help but find it far more imposing to commit to doing everything rather than taking on half and seeing how long that takes me to get sorted out. We'll see.

Well that's the whole point. Vowing your soul to chaos isn't without risk, eh? With it comes great rewards, but also great risk: You have to commit to the Black Crusade before you finish your first vow. You vow to double, thereby breaking your planned miniatures up in two halves. :tu:

I'm not sure how I can do any of the Black Crusade vows right now (damn this saving for a car :lol:), unless I pull from other factions. Like, I've got a Soul Grinder primed....

My Knight could help a lot with this, but I'm waiting on some Oyumaru to make press molds from the AoS Hellstriders, and also one of the Chaos Dirge casters :lol:

Edit: actually, anyone know what's the highest point-value build for a Knight with only 1 Knight Warden box? Just curious. :lol:

Edit: actually, anyone know what's the highest point-value build for a Knight with only 1 Knight Warden box? Just curious. :laugh.:

A Renegade Knight with an Avenger Gatling Cannon and Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Meltagun and caparapace-mounted Stormspear Rocket Pod comes to 598 points.

Edit: actually, anyone know what's the highest point-value build for a Knight with only 1 Knight Warden box? Just curious. :laugh.:

A Renegade Knight with an Avenger Gatling Cannon and Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Meltagun and caparapace-mounted Stormspear Rocket Pod comes to 598 points.
Sweet, thanks.

Now I know what to build Calypso for to vow, if I decide as such. Because that's an easy chunk of a double it vow.

Edit: Speaking of which....

DFRlOfv.jpg

Just to be completely clear (especially to COmmander Dawnstar): the purpose of this event is to motivate you to paint as many points as possible during the ETL. He amount of vows do not matter.

So for example, you can double your first vow using the points scored in three consecutive vows.
I, for another example, will have 2062 points painted in my first ETL VI vow and have vowed to double those points here. I am planning to do that doubling in four consecutive 500+ points vows. 

It is most important to finish your ETLVI vows. Succeeding in the ETL is far more important than succeeding here. Not that failure here is acceptable, but that means just your own damnation, not that of the entire Chaos team ;) :D 

Oh, I see. I had totally misunderstood this as requiring a single large ETL vow rather than allowing you to break up that commitment so long as you ultimately fulfilled the Soul Vow.

In that case:

I, Commander Dawnstar, vow my soul to chaos and swear to triple my first ETL VI vow, amounting to at least three times 605 points for a total of 1,815 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

[Vow has been edited]

Soooo...it's doubling/tripling/whatever of your original vow? So if I vowed 500p and I end up with 1000p in total vowed at the end I have achieved it? Or is it double apart from your initial vow so I have to end up with 1500p?

Soooo...it's doubling/tripling/whatever of your original vow? So if I vowed 500p and I end up with 1000p in total vowed at the end I have achieved it? Or is it double apart from your initial vow so I have to end up with 1500p?

Doubling the amount of your original vow, so in your example 500 points original vow x 2 =1000 points total in the ETL. :tu:

I, TALLARN COMMANDER, vow my soul to Chaos and swear to double my first ETL vow, amounting to 2 X 512 points total for a total of 1,024 points completed on or before August 1st, 2018. Should I fail the forces of Chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

I'm prepping to bring a Khorne World Eaters army to a big tournament in August, so most or all of my vowed points with be Khorne CSM units.

Blood for the Blood God!

I, Dr_Ruminahui, vow my soul to chaos and swear to triple my fist ETL vow. amounting to at least 3 times 391 points for a total of 1,173 points on or before August 1, 2018.  Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Welcome aboard, Commander Dawnstar, Tallarn Commander, and Dr_Ruminahui!

COMPLETIONS

As this is an ETL VI satellite event, the ETL is leading in terms of completions. Only those completions counted in the OP of your relevant Chaos Forum will be counted here. So please make sure that your completions are recorded on time. If yours haven't been recorded, please contact Captain Semper, the ETL VI event organizer.

WEEK 1 UPDATE

l2c2JbW.jpg

If you see incompletions, like forgotten or missed vows, please let me know in this thread and I will be sure to correct it. :smile.:

Completed vows posted after this post will be counted in next week's update. :thumbsup:

Recruitment for the Soul Vow is getting up to speed, but.... (and I've included this especially for KrautScientist)

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

We can and should at least double the amount of participants!

I'm getting the impression that I might've made the same misunderstanding that a few others seem to have here. What I meant to pledge (but quite possibly didn't) was that I would aim to do an additional 1,210+ points on top of my first vow of 605, not that I would aim for 1,210 in total. That means my total target is 1,815 points.

OK, no problem! Please edit your vow accordingly to what you meant. :)

I'm super sorry but I don't know how I can explain the mechanism any clearer without sounding like an ass, but here goes... It's very basic math: doubling a number of points means multiplying those points by two, not adding double the points to the original points. That last way is called tripling. In mathematic symbols, this argument goes:  x⋅2 ≠ x+x⋅2 and x+x⋅2 = 3x

The Soul Vow comes down to x⋅y. Where x is the number of points of your original vow, and y is the amount you're multiplying it with. :thumbsup:

I also added this explanation to the OP's FAQ. :D

Mhm, I think there's just been a bit of confusion where it's been misunderstood as making an entirely separate vow that is a multiple of your first rather than a single total commitment that includes your first vow.

Archived