+++Necrontyr Outpost+++

Captain Semper

+++NECRONTYR OUTPOST+++

gallery_48988_15465_23957.png

Welcome to the Necrontyr Outpost. The Necrons belong to the “Xenos” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units:
· Codex: Necrons
· Imperial Armour Index – Xenos:

o All units from the “Necrons” list

· Index Imperium 2:

o All units from the Fortifications list

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
Army lists are constantly updated through a number of publications: new Codices, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, Forge World PDFs (even experimental ones), Errata, you name it. You must always make sure that you use the most recent list to “price” your units.

That said, the original Indices that were released at the dawn of the 40k 8thEdition, in some cases contain units that did not make it to the Codex (or any subsequent publication). In that case you may still use them and “price” them from the Index list. Note that this applies ONLY to the units that did not make it to the Codex. You may not use the Index to “price” units that appear in the Codex or any later publication. If in doubt, contact me to avoid confusion.

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VII rules. You can find a link below:

THE RULES OF ETL VII CAN BE FOUND HERE

Also, please take the time to go through the Spirit of the ETL to give you an insight of the “unwritten” rules. You can find the link below:

THE SPIRIT OF THE ETL

+++THE DYNASTIES RISE AGAIN!+++

Okay I'll get this started.

I boyadventurer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrontyr and vow to complete:
6x Destroyers
2x Doomsday Arks
1x Annihilation Barge
2x Triarch Stalkers
12x Necron Warriors
5x Deathmarks
1x Catacomb Command Barge

of total value 1,388 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

(Please note, I am omitting the Overlord and scarabs from the Start Collecting set for now.

IMG 2715

Edited by Boyadventurer

Excellent start, Boyadventure! I was beginning to think that no one would stand with the Silent King!

I will be posting my vow tomorrow, as I was out all day (incidentally at the shop prepping my vow) and my gallery doesn’t want to cooperate with me. I’m aiming for a larger first vow than last time, but given that last time was a single overlord I think I’ll be able to beat that easily.

Excellent start indeed! :woot:

Good luck Boyadventurer - this is a mighty vow indeed!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

---------------------------------

DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO WRITE THE HISTORY OF ETL VII?

JOIN THE MARK OF LIBER!

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

++ I Mithrilforge, Rise to the Challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the Rulers of Old, And Vow to Complete -... ++

3x Necron Canoptek Wraiths

1x Necron Cryptek (Forgebane variant)

1x Necron Ghost Ark

med_gallery_9146_583_34547.jpg

Of Total Value [ 400 points] on or before Month:9 -Day:1st - Year:2019. Failure is not in our Programming [ Oathbreaker badge:.... not recognized...end transmission]

Mithrilforge

++EDIT++ <Pictures and points cost Added>.

Edited by mithrilforge

I, Mechanicus_Adept, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Xenos and vow to complete 10 flayed ones, 5 lychguard with sword & shield, 1 cryptek with cloak, 1 cryptek with chronometron, 10 praetoerian with pistol & blade, and 3 scarabs of total value 789 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

the silent (captain) has spoken i have adjusted oath. :)

gallery_51734_15631_227542.jpg

gallery_51734_15631_207259.jpg

gallery_51734_15631_90553.jpg

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

Well Yes, Yes I do.

Sarnakh the Sunderer leaned forward on his command throne aboard the Will of the Phaeron. "Play the transmission again," he ordered Comms. "We wish to see it in its entirety."

"Aye, my lord," Comms responded. He turned to his holo-lectern and rapidly keyed in a command. A vid began to play on the holo-screen. It was short, and not truly coherent, but its message was clear. It was a call to arms for Imperial forces.

The Sunderer leaned forward, deep in thought. This was serious. Individually weak though they were, the humans were extremely numerous and capable of slowing down the Necron revivification process if they put their mind to it.

He was still contemplating his next move three-point-six-four rotations later when Rezon stalked onto the bridge. The Praetorian stood tall, nearly as tall as he was, but she still fell short of his daughter Kani. 

Sarnakh rose from the command dias and held his claws to his throat in salute. Rezon bowed in response, then spoke. "Honorable Phaeron, I bear for you a message."

"We shall hear it, Praetorian," the Sunderer allowed.

"It is for you only, Honorable Phaeron," she responded curtly.

"Then we shall hear it in private," Sarnakh grated. He waved a hand, and the two vanished in a site-to-site teleportation beam, whisking them away to the Phaeron's private audience chambers. 

Sarnakh settled into the throne. "My heiress and Vargard shall attend these proceedings, if the Triarch allows it."

"It shall."

He waved a claw, and the imposing forms of Kani and Chronozak shimmered into being on either side of him. "Proceed, Praetorian."

"The Praetoriate has declared an emergency revivifaication and biotransference to combat the predicted Imperial crusade into Necrontyr holdings. It is suspected that other galactic powers will also be performing their own force buildups in response to this crusade, and the Krork will be drawn to the fight regardless. This dynasty is hereby ordered to render service to the Necrontyr race and the Silent King."

The Phaeron leaned forward and steepled his claws. "We shall consult amongst ourselves. In the meantime, await our response." With that, he and his cohort vanished from view, leaving the Praetorian alone in the chamber.

~~~

"Therek!" The Sunderer boomed, striding into the aethermancer's workshop. "You and your cohorts are hereby ordered to advance construction of new vessels and war machines, and accelerate revivification processes."

Therek's head popped up with a protective mask on, and promptly admonished the Phaeron. "My lord, you will kindly not barge into my lab without first giving me the chance to deactivate or neuter some of my more volatile experiments. It would not do well for you to be damaged by carelessness."

Sarnakh growled and fingered his warscythe. "Have care how you speak, Thunderseeker. I have received orders from the Praetoriate and that has not put me in the best of moods! Now, you are hereby ordered to advance construction of new vessels and war machines, and accelerate revivification processes."

"My lord has received orders contrary to his preferences?" Therek asked. 

"Warp-hells, Therek, just carry them out!"

Therek bowed deeply, accidentally zapping a nearby scarab as he did so. "As you wish, my lord."

"Thank you, Thunderseeker. See it done." He turned on his heel and began to stalk out, but paused. "Therek, what was the name of the Cryptek who led the development of the Triarch Strider?"

"Envalish, my lord. Why?"

"When he finds targets for the biotransference, tell him...to be creative." With that, the Phaeron walked out the door and into the hall, cloak snapping in his wake.

Therek smirked, or would have. "Aye, milord."

That took far longer to write than it should have taken me.

Expect more vow-specific lore to follow upon completion.

Anyway, the vow proper!

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the Necrontyr Forum and the Liber! I vow to complete one (1) Illuminor Szeras, worth one hundred and twenty points, and two (2) squads of Warriors worth 110 points each, for a grand total of three hundred and forty points, on or before the first of September 2019. Success shall bring glory to myself, the Liber, and the Silent King; failure shall see me doomed to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker till year's end.

ETLVII 1st vow photo

Illuminor Szeras counts-as front WIP

Illuminor Szeras counts-as side WIP

Necron admech horror squad wip for etl

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
photos would be useful

Well done D-P L.  and everyone else that has vowed so far :thumbsup:

i gotta say that Illuminor Szeras is my favourite conversion of yours yet :wub:   it may find its way into my future workings...:ph34r.:

Look forward to seeing you put some paint down on him!!

Cheers, Mithril

Well, good to see the Necrons closing ranks! :)

Mithril and Mechanicus_Adept, please let me know once you work out your points. ;)

@ Lenoch: That's a great story - look forward to see it develop over the life of the ETL! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, JaM_naf#6121 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrontyr and vow to complete a Necron Overlord with Staff of Light of total value of 94 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

There. First vow is in :)

Happy painting!

I, Midlight rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrontyr and vow to complete

Necron Overlord with Void Scythe and Resurrection Orb

20190606 221553 2340x3120

Annihilation Barge with Gauss Cannon

20190606 221429 3120x2340

Cryptek with Staff of Light and Canoptek Cloak

20190606 221933 3120x2340

Canoptek Spider with 2 Particle Beamers

20190606 221658 3120x2340

15 Necron Warriors

20190606 221825 3120x2340

total value of  594 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I do have some other bits that I will chuck in for a second vow, dependent on how quick I get through this lot

Welcome Midlight - a strong vow there! :tu:

Now the Necrons have the most participants among Xenos but the Tau have the most points - and are close on number of participants too. If there are any Necron Overlords here, don't let the Primus Inter Pares go to the newest race but rather the oldest! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Same here, I've got everything sprayed and basecoated and everything but one Doomsday Ark rusted up already. My CCB, Warriors, and Deathmarks have all the metal finished too, but I'm going to wait until contrast comes out this weekend to give it a shot on my gauss glow, it might give a better effect.

I'm already planning out my next pledge. Got more warriors and some immortals and the Forgebane cryptek. Might be time to fish out all those scarabs that have sunk to the bottom of my bits box.

Well, here's your situation:

The good news: you have the most participants in the Xenos Faction. However that's only 6 and then you have the Orks, Tyranids and Tau with 5. So not such a big numerical advantage after all. Furthermore, your average vow of 600pts is significantly lower than that of the Tau at 950 and not that far ahead of the Tyranids at 550. So the more Necrons that join the effort the better, otherwise you really need to up the stakes in subsequent vows in order to challenge the Tau.

But it's early days yet, you may still bring in more recruits - make things easier and less stressful for everybody! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!