+++Waaagh! 2019+++

Captain Semper

B&C-20

The Inner Circle Presents:

gallery_48988_15738_1046884.png

+++WAAAGH! 2019+++

INTRODUCTION
This is a painting event designed to boost the Orky presence in the B&C, giving the Greenskin community an event to call their own! However, the event is not designed only for the hardcore Ork players but to all of us that have even a fleeting interest in the fantastic Ork range Who knows, this event may become the foundation of a mighty Waaagh! in the months and years to come.

Joining the Waaagh!
The “Waaagh!” event is meant to drive people to paint game-legal Ork units that could be additions to a pre-existing force or a Kill-Team force or even the foundations of a new army. Of course, if people want to go crazy and build Ghazghul’s Great Waaagh! down to the last Grot, I will not be the one to stop them!

So, the challenge is to paint at least one game-legal Ork unit in the next three months. If you manage to do so, then you’ll receive the appropriate badge and you may carry it with pride in your signature! If you complete more than one unit then greater recognitions will be bestowed upon you!

DURATION:
Start date: September 15th, 2019
End date: December 15th, 2019 (all day for all time-zones)

Participants may enter at any time - there is no cut-off date to get in. The deadline is immovable though so plan your free time accordingly to avoid disappointment.

RULES:

• The entries must be supported by the Ork faction on the B&C. Simple. This includes any 40k Ork unit from any GW or FW range. No small planes here… (*wink-wink*)
  • You must start by making one vow with at least one game-legal unit. There is no limit as to the number of units per vow – that’s up to you, but you only get THREE vows in total! Your vows must be sequential, i.e. you must complete a vow before following up with another. You may never have two vows outstanding at the same time. Your follow-up vows, if any, may also include any number of units in each. However, if you fail to complete even a single unit within a vow, you’ll prove yourself to be a Snot and will have to carry the badge of the Snot in utter shame.
  • You must provide evidence of progress. This translates to posting a “before” and “after” picture for EACH unit pledged! You are welcome to post as many WIP pics as you like but the “before” and “after” are compulsory.

As mentioned above, each participant is required to make a binding vow. Please use the standard format below or any other format that will contain the vital information i.e. the info in brackets:

I [enter your name] will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete [enter number and details of units] before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

Once you take a vow there is no going back. If you fail for whatever reason to complete by December 15th, 2019 you will be a Snot – no two ways about it. Real life happens to all so make sure your vow is on the safe side!

REWARDS:
All of you who participate in the Waaagh! may wear the relevant badge:

gallery_48988_15738_11177.png

For those who successfully complete their pledged units in a timely fashion will be awarded the appropriate rank, depending on how many units they bring into the Waaagh!

There are 6 distinct ranks based on the amount of units completed by each participant:

1 Ork Unit: Ork Nob
2 Ork Units: Ork Boss
3 Ork Units: Ork Big Boss
4 Ork Units: Ork Mega Boss
5+ Ork Units: Arch-Arsonist (only the coolest title ever!!!)

Those who fail to complete even one of their pledged units will just be revealed for what they truly are: Snotlings! And to show this to the world you’ll have to wear the appropriate badge:

gallery_48988_15738_4243.png

Similar square badges for all ranks will be available by the end of the event.

Now you may wear this as standalone badge or combine it with the generic participation badge thus:

gallery_48988_15738_11177.pnggallery_48988_15738_4243.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DA TOP GANZ
And for those who like to live dangerously, uncover the spoiler tags at your own peril!!!

JOIN THE DEFF SKAWDRON!
Are you ready to join the (in)famous Deff Skwadron? Do you have what it takes to become a Fly Boy?

If among your completed units is at least one Ork Flyer unit (40k scale obviously – no Aeronautica Imperialis stuff here) then you are automatically joining the Deff Skwadron - and no, Deff Koptas do NOT count.

And depending on how many Flyers you bring to the Waaagh!, you’ll receive the appropriate rank!

So, if you manage to complete:

1 Flyer: Pilot Officer (P/O) – Deff Skwadron
2 Flyers: Flight Officer (F/O) – Deff Skwadron
3 Flyers: Flight Lieutenant (F/Lt) – Deff Skwadron
4 Flyers: Skwadron Leader (S/Ldr) – Deff Skwadron
5+ Flyers: Wing Commander (W/Cdr) – Deff Skwadron

If you embark in such an endeavor, then you may wear the following participation badge:

gallery_48988_15738_617.png

Square badges that can be added-on to the participation badge depicting the rank, will be provided at the end of the event.

If you fail to complete your pledged Flyers then, like for the main event, you'll be less than a Grot - you'll be a lowly Snotling!!!

gallery_48988_15738_17144.png

Similar square badges for all awards will be available by the end of the event!

Now you may wear this as standalone badge or combine it with the generic participation badge thus:

gallery_48988_15738_617.pnggallery_48988_15738_17144.png

Call-signs: personalizing your Deff Skawdron Badge
Further to that, you can personalize your badge! You’ll be eligible to choose your own call-sign much like in the actual Deff Skwadron Boyz (or real-life pilots for that matter) which will be incorporated into your personal (and unique) badge by @Grotsmasha – the Inner Circle’s Master of the Arsenal and chief image maker! You have to make sure that the call signs are suitably Orky of course, and in line with the Ork ethos.

Examples taken from the actual Deff Skwadron (and therefore they may not be used as-is):

Uzgob “Da Mavarork”
Ruznuts “Da Goose”
Gorthunk “Killboy”

There are some obvious references/puns there – and you’re free to make similar ones if you like – just be creative and don’t try to use the original Deff Skwadron names.

So, using the above conventions, and say one completes three flyer units, then his/her badge may look like that:

Deff Skwadron
F/Lt Ruznuts “Da Goose”

gallery_48988_15738_4719.png

Continuity and Promotion
Well, that’s not all. Our intention is to turn the Waaagh! into an annual event (provided we get some positive feedback and reasonable levels of participation). So next year, you’ll be eligible for promotion! If you’ve completed, for example one Flyer this year you’ll gain the rank of the Pilot officer (P/O). If you join again next year and complete another Flyer, you’ll get promoted to Flight Officer (F/O)! So yeah, that means that every plane you bring to each Waaagh! counts and provides an opportunity for rising in the ranks!

Fly Boyz rule!

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you’re eligible for two titles (say you paint 5 units, two of which are flyers), you get to choose either the standard title or the personalized Deff Skwadron title.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAPTAIN SEMPER NOTES:
Well this is the first Xenos event run by the Inner Circle. I was inspired by the Orks’ performance in the ETL with their 100% completion rate and their colorful work. However, and despite their dedication, their numbers were too thin to challenge other more populous Forums. Well, increasing the Orks’ footprint in the B&C seems to me like a worthy and noble task! Hopefully this event will attract the attention of many frater and increase the popularity of Orks in the B&C making this sub-community even more vibrant and interactive!

I sure hope this will be the first of a series of Waaaghs and the following will be such as to justify this becoming an annual event!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @Grotsmasha, the Inner Circle’s Master of the Arsenal for his tireless efforts to provide the unique images of the event, for giving me his feedback on the development of the rules and for putting up with my constant demands!

Happy painting!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
The Master of Recruits

gallery_48988_15738_62947.png

List of participants (alphabetical order)

Azaiel: Ork Boss

Vow 1 COMPLETE

1. Boyz with sluggas/choppas x20

2. Gretchin x10

Brother Argent: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Warboss with klaw and shoota

2. Nobz x5

3. Wierdboy

4. Boyz Squad x10

5. Grotz x10

Grotsmasha: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Mega Armoured Big Mekz x3

2. Killa Kans x2

3. Deff Kopta

Kierdale: Ork Big Boss or P/O Deff Skwadron

Vow 1 | COMPLETE

1. One Nob with Waaargh! banner

Vow 2 | COMPLETE

2. Bad Moon gretchin x10

Vow 3 | COMPLETE

3. Blitza Bommer

Lexington: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Boyz Squad x10

2. Boyz Squad x10

Mechanist: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Mork (or possibly Gork) anaught

Mithrilforge: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Blitza Bommer

rednekkboss: Snotiling

Vow 1

1. burna-bomber

2. killer kans x3

3. boys mob of surly Ork-genestealer hybrids x10

RikuEru: Ork Nob

Vow 1 COMPLETE

1. Ghazghkull Thraka (count-as)

The_Chaplain: Arch Arsonist

Vow 1

1. shokkjump dragsta | COMPLETE

2. rukkatrukk squigbuggy | COMPLETE

3. boomdakka snazzwagon | COMPLETE

4. kustom boosta blasta | COMPLETE

5. megatrakk skrapjet | COMPLETE

6. deffkilla wartrike | COMPLETE

7. Kill Bursta | COMPLETE

TheOneTrueZon: Snotling

Vow 1

Ghazghkull (count-as)

toaee: Ork Boss or P/O Deff Skwadron

Vow 1 | COMPLETE

1. Gretchin squad (x10)

Vow 2 | COMPLETE

1. WazbomBlastajet

Triszin: Ork Nob

Vow 1 COMPLETE

1. Warboss in mega armor

Quantum: Snotling

Vow 1

1. Warboss

Warbringer: Arch-Arsonist

Vow 1 | COMPLETE

1. Trukk

2. Kustom Boosta Blasta

3. Boomdakka Snazzwagon

4. Painboy

Vow 2 | COMPLETE

5. Rukkatruck Squigbuggy

Vow 3 | COMPLETE

6. Ork warbikers x6

I’ve been working on a model over the last few days can I included this in vow 1? I’ve not finished the whole unit

I guess... show us a pic. :smile.:

ETL rules for model state for vows, primed and maybe a few base colors?

Yes, only a bit on the lenient side...

This event is not as competitive as the ETL, the idea is to get people involved in painting Orks - but yeah, generally speaking we're looking for ETL rules on the starting state.

Vow 1 - 

I Mithrilforge Say in front of Da boyz Dat i will Komplete -  "1 x Blitza Bommer", on or before Dec -15 - 2019, If's i Muck up then it's off to the Mekshop for me to be a Snotling Git...

Mithril

*official worded vow below :wink:

I Mithrilforge will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete 1x Blitza Bommer worth 134pts  before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

Edited by mithrilforge

I, Lexington, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete two ten-man (Ork?) units of Boyz before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

I Warbringer, Bringer of the Waaaagh will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete the units listed below before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

1 Trukk - 64pts

1 Kustom Boosta Blasta - 100pts

1 Boomdakka Snazzwagon - 100pts

1 Painboy - 65pts

Total = 299

Will take a photograph later on with this all in boxes or part built.

"Rite den ladz! Time to give these zoggin' 'umies a good krumpin'! You! Grot! Go gavva' da ladz! Tell 'em Warboss Runtkilla told em to get all their dakka and choppas! Tell 'em it's time for a rite proppa WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!"

Warboss Grozag Runtkilla will join da' Waaaaagh! wiv:

1: Warboss Runtkilla 'imself (Warboss with klaw and shoota)

2: Runtkilla's Ladz (5 Nobz)

3: Da' Great Profitt (Wierdboy)

4: Ritagits Ladz (10x Boyz)

5: Da' Runtz (10x Grotz)

Dis' we'll get rite ready for krumpin before December 15th.

Yep, I am going to regret this...

EDIT: Picz of da' ladz

gallery_36568_14038_450049.jpg

Warboss and Wierd boy are just the stand in bases. Grotz are now bathing in simple green

Seperate picz of da ladz in da' spoilerz tag fingies...

Grotz

gallery_36568_14038_97721.jpgNobz

gallery_36568_14038_587115.jpg

Boyz

gallery_36568_14038_327086.jpg Warboss and Wierdboy are WIP

Edited by Brother Argent

I've got two other small projects I want to finish before I dive in to this.

But thank you for running another event to get others (and especially me) painting models.

I'm sending this to my housemate, she just finished spraying like 50 orks and is going to be working on a mek-shop for the house terrain collection.

my warboss in mega armor (stil building him)

he will be my vow one.

GuR'Raam of da snakebits under order of Da Beast Ghaz, to look into the "old wayz", not da old ways, but the real OLD WAYS!

WAAAGHHHH

OK, that's great - look fwd to it! Am I to understand this is an official commitment? Or should we wait for the actual vow when you complete the build? Both work for me! :smile.:

Vow 1 - 

I Mithrilforge Say in front of Da boyz Dat i will Komplete -  "1 x Blitza Bommer", on or before Dec -15 - 2019, If's i Muck up then it's off to the Mekshop for me to be a Snotling Git...

Mithril

*official worded vow below :wink:

I Mithrilforge will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete 1x Blitza Bommer worth 134pts  before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

And we have the first Flyer! :laugh.: Good luck Mithril, we look forward to join the Deff Skwadron! :thumbsup:

I, Lexington, will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete two ten-man (Ork?) units of Boyz before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

Welcome aboard the Waaagh! Lex, this is gonna be fun! The Boyz rule! 

I Warbringer, Bringer of the Waaaagh will join the Waaagh! and vow to complete the units listed below before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Waaagh! and continue rampaging across the Galaxy. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m a Snot!

1 Trukk - 64pts

1 Kustom Boosta Blasta - 100pts

1 Boomdakka Snazzwagon - 100pts

1 Painboy - 65pts

Total = 299

Will take a photograph later on with this all in boxes or part built.

Warbringer, I can see you're on a war footing! :laugh.: Don't worry mate, points are not needed here! :tongue.: Welcome aboard!

But thank you for running another event to get others (and especially me) painting models.

I'm sending this to my housemate, she just finished spraying like 50 orks and is going to be working on a mek-shop for the house terrain collection.

Well, your housemate is very welcome to join - is she a member of the B&C already? If not, it'll be great to get more people as members here because of these events! :smile.: BTW, you may also join the Waaagh - there is no cut-off date other than the end of the event itself. So, if those other, small, projects take less than 3 months then all it takes is a single mini and you're part of the Waaagh! 2019

I think that calls for a parallel event as some of us thought about a possible Ork event in an older thread:

Colors of Waaagh 

Well I wasn't aware of that... :blush.: Go ahead - parallel events work very well! 

ALSO GUYS, LET'S SEE SOME PICS!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, your housemate is very welcome to join - is she a member of the B&C already? If not, it'll be great to get more people as members here because of these events! :smile.: BTW, you may also join the Waaagh - there is no cut-off date other than the end of the event itself. So, if those other, small, projects take less than 3 months then all it takes is a single mini and you're part of the Waaagh! 2019

She's not to my knowledge, will poke her to join.

Projects need to be done by Oct 20th, so yeah I'll be in later.