Dosjetka

gallery_45765_12339_10347.png

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."

"Then you're not making the right plans."
- Attributed to Rogal Dorn, in retort to Lion El'Jonson

[source: I Am Slaughter, Chapter Six]

[ + + + + + ]

Event Description:

Welcome to the 7th iteration of the Sons of Dorn Expansion (formerly known as the Imperial Fists Expansion), an event designed to motivate you to get your unpainted models out of their dusty boxes and to slap enough paint onto them to call them "finished"!

If you want to join in, follow these four easy steps:

1. Gather your unassembled and/or unpainted models that represent one of the many Chapters of Rogal Dorn's bloodline (or even the mighty VIIth Legion itself);
  2. Take a picture of them in their current state and post it in this thread along with a vow to paint them before the end of the event (Sunday 14th March 2021 at 23:59 in your timezone);
  3. Once the models are painted to a level that you are happy with, take a picture of them and post in this thread to mark your vow as complete;
  4. If you've managed to complete your vow before 14th March and feel like painting some more, go back to step 1 and do it all again!

If you lack the inspiration and/or time to come up with an inspiring vow, consider using the following example as a foundation:

I, (insert forum name), vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (insert Chapter name) to complete (insert unit/model name and quantity) by 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

If you have any questions, check out the Q&A section below. If you can't find an answer to your question below, feel free to ask in this thread or contact [member=Dosjetka] via personal message (PM).

Now get building and painting in the name of our Primarch and the Emperor! :thumbsup:

Event Q&A:

Q: Can I vow models that already have paint on them?

A: Yes! You can vow any model as long as you consider it to be unfinished.

Q: Can I paint up my models in the colours of a custom Chapter of my own design?

A: As long as you claim them to be from Dorn's gene-line, you can!

Q: Can I paint models that are currently in service of the Deathwatch or the Legio?

A: Of course, as long as they're from a Dornian Chapter; they still wear their Chapter colours with pride on their right pauldron after all!

Q: Can I vow models that are vowed in other events?

A: Yes!

Q: Can I post ongoing progress pictures or just when the final ones?

A: The more in-progress pictures, the merrier!

Q: Is there an event banner for my signature space?

A: I'm glad you asked! It's tradition on the B&C to have signature banners for events and this is no exception! I've already got the banner in my signature, what's your excuse? :wink:

300x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_7236.png

33x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_2262.png

List of participants (in alphabetical order):

9x19 Parabellum: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed |

andes: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed |

Brother Argent: Vow 1 Completed |

Brother Carpenter: Vow 1 Completed |

Brother Ezra: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed |

Brother Kraskor: Vow Completed |

brother tycho: Vow 1 DNF |

Canadian_F_H: Vow 1 DNF |

Captain Caine 24th: Vow 1 Completed |

Centurion Jay: Vow 1 DNF |

Custom Hero: Vow 1 DNF |

Dangerman: Vow 1 Completed |

Dosjetka: Vow 1 DNF |

Dwango: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed | Vow 3 Completed |

Focslain: Vow 1 Completed |

Fulkes: Vow 1 DNF |

havlar: Vow 1 Completed |

Indefragable: Vow 1 Completed |

jeremy1391: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed |

Jud Cottrell: Vow 1 Completed |

lionofjudah: Vow 1 DNF |

Metzombie: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed | Vow 3 Completed |

Mike Zulu: Vow 1 Completed |

Mr. Oddity: Vow 1 DNF |

nusphigor: Vow 1 DNF |

Osteoclast: Vow 1 Completed |

Prim: Vow 1 Completed |

Son of Carnelian: Vow 1 DNF |

spinitron: Vow 1 Completed |

SufficientAnonimity: Vow 1 Completed |

templargdt: Vow 1 Completed |

TPS: Vow 1 Completed |

I, 9x19, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete an unfinished Redemptor Dreadnought, and a unit of 10 Veteran Assault Intercessors, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

gallery_95196_16551_84738.jpg

At long last, here is the unfinished redemptor dreadnought:

gallery_95196_16551_3204.jpg

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I, Dosjetka, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete [Tactical] Squad Geiss by 14th March 2021. Failure is not an option.

(Very poor quality) starting pic:

gallery_45765_15430_18357.jpg

I, 9x19, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete  an unfinished Redemptor Dreadnought, and a unit of 10 Veteran Assault Intercessors, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

Welcome to the Expansion, 9x19. :thumbsup:

Your vow is just missing a picture of your models in their current state and you're good to go! Oh, and I've extended the end date to 14th March giving every one a little extra time to get our models painted so you might want to edit that in your vow, too! :smile.:

I, Fulkes, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete The Indomitus Box (10 Assault Intercessors, 3 Bladeguard Veterans, 3 Eliminators, 3 Outrider Bikers, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 1 Marshall, 1 Castellan, 1 Chaplain for a total of 23 models) by 14th March 2021.

h23r40s.png

I'm going a bit big, but with three months it should be possible to paint them all as long as I put my nose to the grindstone and get stuff done.

I, Custom Hero, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Knights of Lydda to complete Eliminator Squad Gareb by 14th March 2021.

Eliminator-Squad-Gareb-1.jpg

This will be my first vow. These guys will more than likely get new heads and their barrels drilled before painting ensues. Once done I plan to move on to more squad based vows and save any characters I may make it to for the end of the challenge. Here’s to finally making a dent in my painting log!

Edited by Custom Hero

I, Fulkes, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete The Indomitus Box (10 Assault Intercessors, 3 Bladeguard Veterans, 3 Eliminators, 3 Outrider Bikers, 1 Bladeguard Ancient, 1 Marshall, 1 Castellan, 1 Chaplain for a total of 23 models) by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

I'm going a bit big, but with three months it should be possible to paint them all as long as I put my nose to the grindstone and get stuff done.

That's a nice chunky vow, Fulkes. Welcome to the Expansion! :thumbsup:

I remember you testing out various yellow recipes some time ago: have you managed to find one you're happy with or are you still experimenting?

I, Custom Hero, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Knights of Lydda to complete Eliminator Squad Gareb by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

This will be my first vow. These guys will more than likely get new heads and their barrels drilled before painting ensues. Once done I plan to move on to more squad based vows and save any characters I may make it to for the end of the challenge. Here’s to finally making a dent in my painting log!

I'll admit to not being a fan of Primaris models but I've got to give credit where it's due: neat conversion work on those Eliminators, Custom Hero. :thumbsup: And welcome to the Expansion!

Ah, so you'll be painting your Primaris from the Indomitus box as Black Templars: neat. :)

Yup. As much as I love painting yellow forsome insane reason, I always circle back around to Templars so I decided to embrace it this time and try some stuff with the black armour as well.

I, Osteoclast, do hereby swear in the Primarch's name to complete a Vanguard Space Marine box set (1 Phobos Lieutenant, 3 Suppressors, 3 Eliminators, 10 Infiltrators), a Redemptor Dreadnought, a Gladiator tank (variant to be determined), 10 Reivers, 2 Devestator Centurions, and 3 Assault Centurions in the colors of the Pioneers of Dorn. I do further swear to complete a 10 man squad of assault interceptors in the colors and armament appropriate to the Executioners chapter when said squad emerges from the warp. I swear that all this shall be done by 23:59 EST on the 14th of March 2021. For the glory of the Primarch-Progenitor and Him on Terra!

enhlEcZ.jpg

GeeDubs is taking annoyingly long to ship my assault interceptor box (which I plan on equipping with axes), hence why they are stuck in the warp and not in the photo.

I, Osteoclast, do hereby swear in the Primarch's name to complete a Vanguard Space Marine box set (1 Phobos Lieutenant, 3 Suppressors, 3 Eliminators, 10 Infiltrators), a Redemptor Dreadnought, a Gladiator tank (variant to be determined), 10 Reivers, 2 Devestator Centurions, and 3 Assault Centurions in the colors of the Pioneers of Dorn. I do further swear to complete a 10 man squad of assault interceptors in the colors and armament appropriate to the Executioners chapter when said squad emerges from the warp. I swear that all this shall be done by 23:59 EST on the 14th of March 2021. For the glory of the Primarch-Progenitor and Him on Terra!

enhlEcZ.jpg

GeeDubs is taking annoyingly long to ship my assault interceptor box (which I plan on equipping with axes), hence why they are stuck in the warp and not in the photo.

And here I thought I was being ambitious. I yield to the more ambitious brother.

And here I thought I was being ambitious. I yield to the more ambitious brother.

I confess to having a severe lack of life and a pre-planned weeklong staycation in February. I could very well be overly ambitious as well of course.

Edited by Osteoclast

I, andes, vow this Oath of Moment in the name of The Emperor of Mankind's most loyal son, The Vigilant, The Praetorian of Terra, The Unyielding Rogal Dorn and the entirety of The Imperial Fists Chapter. I will complete an unfinished Bladeguard Ancient, an Indomitus Primaris Lieutentant, an Indomitus Primaris Captain, a unit of 5 Assault Intercessors, and a McFarlane Intercessor by March 14th, 2021. 

vh9hrn2h.jpg

*snip*

:o

Quite the vow you have there, Osteoclast! Welcome to the Expansion and I look forward to seeing all of that painted. :tu:

I Jud Cottrell vow to paint 9 Intercessors and a Repulsor Executioner for the Templars of Dorn by or before 14th March 2021!

Nice to see you join us, Jud. Welcome. :tu:

I confess to having a severe lack of life and a pre-planned weeklong staycation in February. I could very well be overly ambitious as well of course.

And here I am starting with a tiny vow because I've consistently failed in previous events and I'm really keen to for once actually complete a vow. :lol:

I, andes, vow this Oath of Moment in the name of The Emperor of Mankind's most loyal son, The Vigilant, The Praetorian of Terra, The Unyielding Rogal Dorn and the entirety of The Imperial Fists Chapter. I will complete an unfinished Bladeguard Ancient, an Indomitus Primaris Lieutentant, an Indomitus Primaris Captain, a unit of 5 Assault Intercessors, and a McFarlane Intercessor by March 14th, 2021. 

*snip*

Nice vow text and nice pile of minis to paint: welcome, andes. :tu:

Well frak, good thing I saw the banner pop up else I'd miss this.

I managed to secure a complete (well mostly complete) Imperial Fist Supremacy Force. I had plans to paint up some in the Hammer of Dorn chapter to add to my small group of them.

I'll have pictures of the sprues later this week, but the list includes the following:

1 Primarus Captain
10 Intercessors (bolt rifles)
and a Redemptor Dread
heck lets add a squad of 5 Incursors to make the list an even 1K

The patrol also includes my prior finished Primarus Lt and Centurian Devastators.

Edit: Here's the sprue pile.

20201217 130207

Edited by Focslain

Lionofjudah, loyal sön ov Dörn shall finish: 1 chaplain, 1 apothecary, 1 master of wardens, 1 apothecary, 1 techpriest, 1 captain, 4 squads of brethren, 1 unit of terminators, 1 dread, 1 deredero, 1 land raider, 1 rhino, 1 arcus multi launcher, 1 sabre armor hunter and Master Dörn himself

Most is in some level of paint, daddy D just needs hands, weapons and a head.

I'll take a pic later.

Thanks for the push with this

Finishing off some SIsters of Battle right now, but as soon as that's done I'll be jumping right on this with A LOT of Black Templars Terminators

Nice, looking forward to seeing your vow and Terminators. :thumbsup:

Well frak, good thing I saw the banner pop up else I'd miss this.

I managed to secure a complete (well mostly complete) Imperial Fist Supremacy Force. I had plans to paint up some in the Hammer of Dorn chapter to add to my small group of them.

I'll have pictures of the sprues later this week, but the list includes the following:

1 Primarus Captain

10 Intercessors (bolt rifles)

and a Redemptor Dread

heck lets add a squad of 5 Incursors to make the list an even 1K

The patrol also includes my prior finished Primarus Lt and Centurian Devastators.

Welcome to the Expansion, Focslain! Impatient to see your take on the Hammers of Dorn!

Lionofjudah, loyal sön ov Dörn shall finish: 1 chaplain, 1 apothecary, 1 master of wardens, 1 apothecary, 1 techpriest, 1 captain, 4 squads of brethren, 1 unit of terminators, 1 dread, 1 deredero, 1 land raider, 1 rhino, 1 arcus multi launcher, 1 sabre armor hunter and Master Dörn himself

Most is in some level of paint, daddy D just needs hands, weapons and a head.

I'll take a pic later.

Thanks for the push with this

Nice to see you again, lionofjudah! Looking forward to seeingmore of your work and welcome to the Expansion. :thumbsup:

I, SonofCarnelian, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete at least one full squad of Assault Intercessors and one Primaris Apothecary by 14th March 2021. For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Pics below:

*snip*

10th vow! Glad to see you join us, Carnelian. :smile.: Welcome to the Expansion!