+++ Sally Forth: Hobby Challenge +++

duz_

gallery_30308_9518_14185.jpg

Commanders!

We have seen many of the Emperors loyal sons and daughters receive needed gifts from Terra and the AdMech.
Some may feel slighted, that the fiercest of his fighting force are yet to gain any meaningful reinforcements.

Such talk is heresy! The guard do not require such gifts! We shall continue to sally forth, with our proven and trusted lasguns and under the eternal bellows of Leman Russ cannons!

To show your on-going duties to the Emperor new orders have been issued:

Objective:
Raise 1 unit to be parade ready (assembled and painted) by 28 - 2.
  • This unit may already be pre-assembled and primed, or yet to be built.
Critical dates:
  • Jan 1 - 14: Sign up period
    • All participants must register before the 14th 23:59 in their local time
    • Once you have made your pledge and posted your before picture, you may commence building and or painting the pledged unit
    • To enter, post your before picture with your pledge:

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander <name> of the <regiment>, shall raise a <unit> by 28th February."

• ​​Jan 1 - Feb 28: Hobby period
    • Hobby in earnest! WIP and update posts are encouraged!
  • Feb 28: End of event
    • Pictures of the completed unit must be posted by 23:59 in your local time
Those who successfully carry out these orders, will be provided a medal honoring their service to the Emperor and Imperial Guard.

Any who pledge to complete this challenge, may display the below banner in their signature line:
gallery_30308_9518_1445.jpg

[img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_1445.jpg]

Any further questions can be directed to you local Commissar.

Carry on troops and good luck! :thumbsup:

Completion ribbon for the commanders who successfully delivered!

gallery_30308_9518_314.png

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_314.png
Edited by duz_
Added Completion Ribbon

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Barron VonStD of the Stallenberg 502nd, shall raise a unit of Veterans by 29th February."

Ill get the before pik up later, the sprues are buried in a box of even more sprues...

preview.jpg

Done.

med_gallery_75911_16694_501929.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Β 

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Marius Konstantin of the 3rd Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiment , shall raise a Deathrider Squadron by 29th February.

Β 

This has come at the perfect time for me! I just finished building my first Deathriders Squadron last night.

Β 

Should help keep me motivated.

Β 

Here’s the before pic:

Β 

51796946613_c30effd975_c.jpgDeathrider Vow

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Marius Konstantin of the 3rd Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiment , shall raise a Deathrider Squadron by 29th February.

Β 

This has come at the perfect time for me! I just finished building my first Deathriders Squadron last night.

Β 

Should help keep me motivated.

Β 

Here’s the before pic:

Β 

51796946613_c30effd975_c.jpgDeathrider Vow

:wub:Β :wub:Β :wub:Β :wub:Β :wub:Β 

Well in the spirit of β€œstart as you mean to go on” I’ve finished my Ridemaster!

Β 

51798611127_f2668e6a68_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Deathrider Ridemaster

Β 

Sorry duz_ my photography still hasn’t improved!!

Β 

Just another 7 for this submission!

Β 

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s vows taking shape.

Missed a bit. :wink:

Β 

Joke

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just put a Cadian missile launcher on one of the WGA Grognards, damn thats one massive boom stick! :lol:Β 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

This pleases the commissariat, keep the vows and pictures coming everyone :tu: My times and plans are going a bit squiffy so I have some catching up to do elsewhere, but I will be addressing my vow as soon as this is sorted. I'm feeling something Stormtrooper... but I might see what plans the Emperor has for me.

Β I'm feeling something Stormtrooper... but I might see what plans the Emperor has for me.

I need to lay off the history books, I imagined Star Wars Stormtroopers wearing Hugo Boss armour. Think its time I left the house and spoke to actual people for once. :lol:Β 

Welcome to the challenge Sviar! Can't wait to see those Valhallans! :yes:
Impressive work TCC, looks like it'll be finished soon :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing your vow too WF! :wink:

Meanwhile, what I thought would be a solid 6 weeks of hobby for me during this challenge has changed somewhat abruptly. This is why the updated list is somewhat delayed and now I have to reassess what I will vow.

I had originally considered a full 10 man Mordian squad, since I was meant to be a bachelor the next 5 weeks. However that is no longer the case and I will be taking some time off. So I need to figure out what else I have that I know I can make the Emperor proud with.

Β 

On that note:

Less than 4 days to pledge your vow for the Emperor!

Edited by duz_

Alright, this project has waited long enough, while I slept empires rose and fell (more accurately "while I procrastinated the hobby company seems to not be producing anymore, and the project has moved to legends" haha)

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander MedicMike of the Mordian 19th, shall raise a Lancer Heavy Cavalry Unit (Rough Riders) by 29th February.

gallery_209737_16260_231428.jpg

gallery_209737_16260_209239.jpg

This is a project I planned out a few years ago but never got around to building. you can see the horses are undercoated repaints of warhammer fantasy armoured horse.

the troopers are colonial empire cavalry from a company called "Curious Constructs" which doesn't seem to be actively producing new stock. I will be doing head swaps either from metal mordians using a jeweler's saw or using plastic cadian officers heads although i think they might be over large. missing from the photo: heads, thin diameter dowel for lance shafts, pistols, and special weapons, oval 72mm bases (ordered)