+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

+++ETL III – SPACE WOLVES STRATEGIUM+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_03.jpg

Wolves of Fenris,

Now it’s time to make the ultimate saga, for the ETL III is there for the taking! It’s time to instill fear on your rivals, teach them what it means to stand in the way of Vlka Venryka. Eliminate everything, live no memory of them - you’ve done it before on the Emperor’s orders. And now you must do it again and claim the status that the Emperor intended for you all along, none other than:

PRIMUS INTER PARES!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to ETL III and the Space Wolves Strategium! Here is the home for those who want to participate in the ETL putting their weight behind the Codex: Space Wolves!

This year, the Inner Circle is extending a special Challenge to the proud Wolf Lords! In the context of the Bellum Aeternus series, The Shadow Guard is inviting you to measure your Wolf Guard against the dreaded Deathwing in Titanas Bellum! So if you intend to paint Wolf Guard Terminators and/or Characters in Terminator, Runic or Artificer armour for the ETL you may also enter them (i.e. use the same vow) in Titanas Bellum and support your Wolf Guard against the bone white menace!

The rules of ETL III can be found below:

E TENEBRAE LUX III RULES

So what purpose does the Strategium serve? Well, its official function includes the following:
  • Post vows & declare completions. This is very important as placing the vows elsewhere will create unnecessary confusion and lead to mistakes. Also if you do not report the completion here, your status will not be updated.
  • Participation tables. Here I will be updating the rosters of participation so make sure you see your name is listed and that your status is correct - and if not, notify me. Furthermore, given the diversity of the Angels of Death faction, I will group all participants according to the forum of origination.
  • Post your pictures. Remember, we need at least two – one “before” and one “after” but feel free to post as many WIP pictures as you like!
  • Weekly updates. This is where I’ll be posting every week an update of the event in general so the frater can keep track of what is going on in the wider picture.
  • You are also welcome to use this thread to encourage each other, devise strategies, discuss the developments of the ETL and of course ask questions. For the latter you can also PM me.
ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

So with no further ado, let’s begin!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_03.jpg

SPACE WOLVES - LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

The list is alphabetical.

Arez | Vow 1 (3,515) (pics pending)

Baulder | Vow 1 (655) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (582) COMPLETE

Bjorn Srormfang | Vow 1 (465) COMPLETE

Brother Crazywolf | Vow 1 (170) COMPLETE

Brother Rylanor | Vow 1 [820]

Bulweih | Vow 1 (345) COMPLETE

Cat Smasher | Vow 1 (545) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,268) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (349) COMPLETE

Cate | Vow 1 [240]

dantay_xv | Vow 1 (1,220) COMPLETE

Fytharin | Vow 1 [830]

gunnar_w | Vow 1 (850) COMPLETE

jbickb  | Vow 1 (940) COMPLETE

Leif Bearclaw  | Vow 1 (620) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (310) COMPLETE

Kasper Hawser | Vow 1 (455) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (270) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (210) COMPLETE

logun | Vow 1 (500) COMPLETE

mactire | Vow 1 (850) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (360) COMPLETE

Madwolf Shadowmane | Vow 1 (106) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (180) COMPLETE

MaveriK | Vow 1 [435]

Nrthstar | Vow 1 [998]

pedrogzc | Vow 1 [720]

PupLord | Vow 1 [240]

Reede | Vow 1 (220) COMPLETE | Vow 2 [445]

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody | Vow 1 (275) (pics pending)

rune priest sven | Vow 1 (215) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (185) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (180) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (120) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (180) COMPLETE

Sons of Erebus | Vow 1 (990)

Squark | Vow 1 (115) COMPLETE

TheLastHuzzah | Vow 1 [1,670]

Tommie Soule | Vow 1 (375) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (375) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (375) COMPLETE

Viddar | Vow 1 (525) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (485) COMPLETE

WLK | Vow 1 (4,450) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (595) COMPLETE

Wolf Priest Redbeard | Vow 1 (570) COMPLETE

Out-of-competition Vows:

Vash | Vow 1 (370)

Penance Vows:

TheLastHuzzah: if I fail my vow(s) I will purchase and paint a miniature of Captain Semper's choosing and send it to him for all of his hard work.

Sons of Erebus: if I fail my vow, I shall paint a full tactical squad of the Flesh Tearers Chapter

I Cate answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf guard pack from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 240 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

My Before picture.

gallery_5565_7507_70747.jpg

Points and explanations are in the description of the picture in my gallery.

As I see no point what so ever to continue to play 40k I have given up and will fail the vow.

I Rune Priest Sven answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 215 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

detailed loadout:

wolf lord

thunderwolf mount

thunder hammer

storm shield

wolf tooth necklace

WIP:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290407-etl-iii-wip-rune-priest-sven/

-rps

Wolves of Fenris,

Now it’s time to make the ultimate saga, for the ETL III is there for the taking! It’s time to instill fear on your rivals, teach them what it means to stand in the way of Vlka Venryka. Eliminate everything, live no memory of them - you’ve done it before on the Emperor’s orders. And now you must do it again and claim the status that the Emperor intended for you all along, none other than:

PRIMUS INTER PARES!

Is that a crude First Legion insult I spy?

I Wolf Priest Redbeard answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolflord on thunderwolf and a pack of 5 Thunderwolf Cavalry from the Space Wolf Codex of total value 570 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Details:

Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Frost Blade, Storm Shield: 200 pts

5 Thunder Wolf Cavalry, 1 Thunder Hammer, 3 Storm Shields 370  pts

WIP Thunderwolf Cav http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/127385-thunder-cavalry/

WIP Thunderlord http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/127384-thunder-lord/

I, Madwolf Shadowmane answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Iron Priest and a 5 man Grey Hunter Pack from Codex Space Wolves of total value 106 points on or before August 1st.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Hounds of the Hunt Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. 

Hm... I have a lot to paint, but even more to strip and then repaint.  I plan to make an initial vow for Arjac, a Land Raider, 3 Thunderwolves, a fenris wolf pack, etc, but what if I get through those and I'd like to add more?  Do I need to vow everything now and work for the best, or make a solid vow, and then add more later?

Hm... I have a lot to paint, but even more to strip and then repaint.  I plan to make an initial vow for Arjac, a Land Raider, 3 Thunderwolves, a fenris wolf pack, etc, but what if I get through those and I'd like to add more?  Do I need to vow everything now and work for the best, or make a solid vow, and then add more later?

your first vow has to be in before the end of may, after that you have two more months to paint and make aditional vows.

@ Nrthstar: The first one should come before the end of May. You got until August 1st to complete it. If you complete it earlier you may make another vow. Then if you finish early again you can make another vow and so on - but your limit is 5 vows in total. Also each vow can consist of any number of legal units for C:SWs - no restriction there. However each unit must be a standalone legal unit not an add-on on a previously vowed unit.

C'mon guys the competition is building up, let's see the Sons of Russ gather! Participation is more important than large vows - although I hear that you can do both around these parts.. biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Baulder, will answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete Bran Redmaw (in wolf form), 1 Iron Priest, 5 Swiftclaws (1*flamer), 1 Wolf Priest on a bike and 1 Wolf guard battle leader on a bike with a power fist. All of these will be completed by August 1st. 

Total = 655pts

For the Allfather, for Russ, for Fenris!!

I Petroff Varegian, Wolf Lord of Company Morkai from the Vlka Fenryka, will answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete these units before 1 August:

1 Ragnar Blackmane (240)

1 wolf priest (100)

10 grey hunters with mark of the wulfen, 2 plasma gun, wolf standard and power fist (210)

1 thunderwolf cavalry with shield and power weapon (95)

1 thunderwolf cavalry with frost axe (75)

Hyá brothers,

I, Bulweih of the Rout of Fenrys, will answer the call of the  "E TENEBRAE LUX III" and complete the following models until the 1st of August 2014.

-Land Raider Crusader with all additions safe for the extra armor  280 pts.

(which I tend to take, yet remember something Cpt. Semper said about physically represented upgrades and I didn't buy the FW kit)

-Swiftclaw Trike with Multimelta  65pts.

Success will bring glory to the Rout, while failure will doom me to wear the badge of shame until years end.

I Leif Bearclaw answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 10 Wolf Guard Terminators and a Terminator Armoured Wolf Guard Battle Leader from Codex Space Wolves of total value 620 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to The Rout and the Company of Jarl Stormwolf, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Breakdown:

WGBL, TDA, Thunder Hammer, 125pts

10 WG, TDA, Cyclone, Assault Cannon, 3 Power Fists, Chainfist, 2 Thunder Hammers, 2 Frost Blades, 2 Wolf Claws, 495 pts

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/rgewaghwaer/media/UnpaintedWGBL.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/rgewaghwaer/media/UnpaintedTermies3.jpg.html?sort=6&o=1

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/rgewaghwaer/media/UnpaintedTermies1.jpg.html?sort=6&o=2

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/rgewaghwaer/media/UnpaintedTermies4.jpg.html?sort=6&o=3

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/rgewaghwaer/media/UnpaintedTermies2.jpg.html?sort=6&o=4

Edited for 'before' pics. Not the greatest, but the best I could do with my phone (will try to get better camera for the finished pics). Hope the linking works and is acceptable

I, The Great Squark, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 7 Grey Hunters from Codex Space Wolves, totaling 115 points on or before August 1st. Sugess will bring glory to The Rout and the company of the Great Wolf. Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Breakdown:

7x Grey Hunters -115 points

-plasmagun

Ok, numbers start to build up - that's the most important thing at this point. Big vows can come later - now is the time for commitment!

Remember if you plan to do WG Termies you can ALSO join the Titanas Bellum with the exact same vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ok, numbers start to build up - that's the most important thing at this point. Big vows can come later - now is the time for commitment!

Remember if you plan to do WG Termies you can ALSO join the Titanas Bellum with the exact same vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

isnt Runic armor allowed to?or did you forget?

I Baulder, will answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete Bran Redmaw (in wolf form), 1 Iron Priest, 5 Swiftclaws (1*flamer), 1 Wolf Priest on a bike and 1 Wolf guard battle leader on a bike with a power fist. All of these will be completed by August 1st. 

Total = 655pts

For the Allfather, for Russ, for Fenris!!

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out (tons of them in FW lists) or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit. (Relevant portion bolded for emphasis)

Just pointing this out, Baulder- You may want to ask captain semper for clarification on this bit, especially if you've already painted your normal model for Bran. On the plus side, if you do still need to paint Bran, I believe he wears Runic Armor, which should make him eligible for Titanis Bellum.

Time for my vow,sorry its not more im just vowing stuff i already have primed and know i should be able to complete,ill vow more if i can get some more ready

I Arez vow to complete a Ragnar Blackmane c/a,Njal c/a, 13 WL's with MotW,runic armor(i can model it dont worry Semper),Wolf Tail, and twin wolf claws on each(yes they'll be different looking),WL on bike with SS,rune armor WL on bike with rune armor,SS and frost blade, Venerable Dread with multi-melta and extra armor and a preadtor with twin linked lascannons and storm bolter for a total of 3515 pts.If I fail my punishment shall be in my packs and Sempers hands

now a question:anyone know what a fenrisian krakens skin color is?

I jbickb answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the below units from codex space wolves of total value of 940 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vylka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

6 Long fangs 5x missile launcher 140

Pod 35

6 long fangs 5x plasma cannon 190

Pod 35

5 wolf scouts meltagun 85

Rune priest TDA combiflamer 125

Lone wolf TDA thunder hammer stormshield 85

Njal stormcaller (runic armor) 245

I Nrthstar answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Arjac Rockfist, Logan Grimnar, Njal in Terminator armor, a land raider and a pack of 5 fenrisian wolves.

Total Points: 998

http://imgur.com/a/ewMGd

and I took a personal day, and spent 7 hours painting Arjac today. This bloody contest made me wait. I hate wait. http://imgur.com/a/ZiG8W

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

isnt Runic armor allowed to?or did you forget?

Yes, Runic Armour, too.

I Rune_Priest_Rhapsody vow to paint the following little plastic men in fear that the Dark Angels will force me to wear a skirt and fetch them what ever the fruity concoction I am sure they drink is called for the following year... Bartles and Jaymes, is it?? I'll get these done by August 1st of 2014, if I can...

Canis Wolfborn 185 points (This is a kit bash. I use the model for nothing other than Canis when I play it. His war gear is accurate as is his beard)

-Wargear - Fenrisian Wolf 10 points

10 Fenrisian Wolves 80 points

To this vow, I pledge my spare time, my blood, sweat and tears. To death do us part.

End of Line

I Logun vow to paint 1 landraider redeemer with multi melta upgrade(250), and 2 vindicator seige tanks with seige sheild upgrades. (250)

Archived