++Interview with a Chaos Lord++

Tenebris

http://shrani.si/f/V/Zl/4DIVVeRw/rszskullthrone8472.jpg

Here, take a seat on the Brass Throne, Lord of Chaos. I have some questions for you...

Greetings my fellow traitors, heretics and general scum of the galaxy. It is me, your dread daemon prince of the Chaos Forums, Tenebris, and I think that it is high time to showcase some of our most deserving minio... ahem Chaos Lords. 

Each week a frater will be chosen, he will receive ten questions on his PM and he would be asked to answer them. The intention of this topic is to present some of the known and even the unknown frater to the community in general and learn what lured them down the path of Chaos. 

The topic will be a weekly event and it is scheduled for every Wednesday. The frater will receive the questions during the weekend and will be asked to present their answers via PM till Tuesday.

We invite the frater to post questions of their own to the Chaos Lord in the following days and offer their own insights and memorable moments on this forums regarding the Chaos Lord in question.

I hope you will enjoy this event and share your own stories and insights about the frater.

Tenebris  

List of interviews:

The first Chaos Lord to face the dreaded daemon princes of the Chaos Forums is Uprising. He needs no introduction for his actions speak in volumes but for those who meet him for the first time he is the brains behind the great event known as the Daemonic Pact and in general a great and enthusiastic member of the Chaos forums. So without further ado, I present you Chaos Lord Uprising;

How have you become a Chaos Lord?

• Like so many addiction, it all started because of friends.  My friend introduces me to Warhammer fantasy about six to seven years ago.  Sadly, for us the local game store only really played 40k, so we jump ship and both started 40k(around the end of 4th ed).  He started necrons, while I started nids.  After gaming with them (about 3 months), I purchase Dawn of war: Dark Crusade, and was blown away by the chaos campaign.  Eliphas the Inheritor basically sold me on the forces of chaos.  My zeal continues while I dived into the lore of chaos, and read several novels about the force (special notes to Lord of the Night by Simon). One of the most important aspects of this hobby is the freedom of creation/conversions and background material: Chaos has that in spades.  Over the years, I build and paint up my force, and eventually became a member of the great B&C, and won a few tournaments.  Now I have probably about 10,000 pts of CSM, CD, and R&H, and needing repainting (My current goal for this year). 

When did you start to play the Chaos Space Marines/Daemons/Lost&Damned?

• I started CSM, around the end of 4th ed.  This was my second 40k army, and now my main force.  I have played multiple legions/warbands while exploring myself as a hobbyist and person.  I started Daemons, because I found a khorne Daemon army for cheap on vacation (Even on holiday, we still game).  That was about 1 year ago, and now I have 115 bloodletters and some monstrous creatures to paint.  Finally, my R&H mutant horde (200 plus mutants and tanks), which I started around January this year.  This is personal favorite army due to conversion opportuneness, fluff, and play style. 

Which is your favorite traitor legion or Chaos warband, and why?

• This is an extremely hard question to answer, because chaos has some of the best lore, miniatures, and color schemes in the game.  Currently, my favorite legion is the arch heretics themselves, The Word Bearers.  They are the true apostles of chaos itself.  My love for this legion is breaks down for three reasons: Lore, gaming, painting, and modeling/conversion.  They have so much depth in lore, and have several excellent novels based around them.  They during the pre heresy where lied to, mistreated, abused, and mocked by the other legions.  You feel bad for them, they just want the best for humanity, but can’t because of the outlook of the Emperor.   A sense of pride emerges when they discover the truth of the universe and break the shackle of the Emperor.  Here they descend the road to salvation, and tireless try to bring humanity in line with the only truth of the universe.  After 10,000 yrs they are still continuing their crusade, unlike the other legions, which lost focus.   It does not help that “The first Heretic” by ADB is my favorite book of all time.  Gaming wise, they have the flexibility to field every unit, and well come allies in the forms of Daemons and R&H.  Painting wise, they have the best color scheme, who does not like the combination of traitor red and silver?  Also you have the possibility of painting different colors in the forms of Daemon and R&H, which go with WB perfectly.  Finally conversion and modeling is always presented, Chaos is a convert/modeling army, and WB is no different. 

Special mention to World Eaters and Night Lords for coming in a close 2nd place (I blame ADB for writing great books)

What do you like most of the Warhammer 40k hobby?

• The greatest aspect of the hobby is the opportunity to do conversion on your army.  I love to convert, and leave nothing unconverted, greenstuff, or kit bash.  Chaos present the perfect chance for these conversion, and is unmatched by no other faction (except maybe orks). 

What is your play style?

• I have a dislike for anything that has an AV and Tanks.  I am more of getting as much troops on the ground, backed by expensive Hq, MC and beast, and artillery, massive amounts of artillery.  I am a R&H at heart.  Remember, go for the throat kids. 

What was your greatest achievement or favorite memory from your hobby career?

• I have three, two of success, one of total fail.  I have played some tournaments with CSM, and my Heldrake always preform flawless.  His moment of fame was during a single three game tournament he roasted, half a grey knight army, an ultramarine gun line (Never forget the perfect city), and a Tau gun line.  I took 3rd overall (two nids took first and second).   Next is the story of a cultist known as the Barry the Chopper, as champion with CC and pistol.  Somehow he always wins any challenges, and became a DP or spawn multiple time.  He always makes my list, and is best buddy with my Khârn.  Speaking of Khârn, mine hates me, and always misses resulting in the death of multiple cultist or mutant rabble.  :/  

Do you collect and play any other armies?                                     

• I have so many armies, and proud of all of them.  My first was my Nids, who have been on the self lately because of GW inability to write a good nid codex like 4th ed.  I am grateful to have them, because they were the main reason for me to start 40k.  After, my Chaos force, I started another love of mine: Salamanders.  I currently have a battle company, half a scout company, and a Firedrake (terminator) company.  For WHFB, I have Lizardsmen, Vampire counts, and Ogre Kingdoms.   

Which is your favorite Chaos character?

• Their so many to choose from, but it has to be Argel Tal.  Special mention to Variel the flayer, Eliphas, and Khârn. 

Which is your favorite Black Library publication?

• Read “The First Heretic” by ADB already, I talk about it enough.  Remembers “Lies are beautiful, the truth is ugly”. 

Any advice for your fellow frater, any parting words of wisdom?

• Have a vision/plan for your army, and just go for it.  Never stop want you doing, unless it no longer brings you joy.  Time is the most valuable resource on this planet, and its fleeing like the sunset, which makes its beautiful.

Thank you Uprising for your time and your participation in this event. A true Word Bearer indeed and I can say that I too have a soft spot for Eliphas the Inheritor. It is nice to see other people share my passion for the quintessential deceitful, learned and smart as hell Word Bearer lord, twice the betrayer and now one of my favorite characters wearing the Black Legion colors.

Now it is your time frater. Post your own questions to Uprising. 

First thanks to Tenebris for this chance and running these wonderful events. 

Uprising.

What is currently on your painting table?

A whole R&H mutant tide army from Vrak, led by The Sanctified (which is now my WB warband, combining my two 40k love khorne and WB). I want them done for tournament season in fall.  Also I plan on painting some CSM, and getting a Fire Raptor, hopefully.  Painting, 200 plus miniatures a painful task. 

Uprising, will you be finishing your "challenge" or am I sending the T-Rex?

(and yes, if I have to, I'll find a way to paint a Gods-damned Chaos T-Rex spawn!)

Hopefully, I can paint him next week, university is still bogging me down (so many papers/exams), and I am job hunting aswell. 

Yes, the questions will be same, but it is on the frater to bring flavor to the interview. The questions are in lieu of an introduction. The reason why we will pick one person per week is that otherwise it would get too crowdy and would not allow the interviewed Chaos Lord to answer the questions posted by the frater (read would be lost between self posted interviews).

Ok Uprising, here's some questions for you:

What is your absolute favourite chaos mini?

and

As a Word bearer, who do you prefer out of Kor Phaeron and Erebus?

What do you love so much about Argal Tal

His sense of duty.  He was raised to always embrace the truth, and when the truth of the universe was shown, he goes to spread the knowledge(even if the universe would have been better without the knowledge).  

Ok Uprising, here's some questions for you:

What is your absolute favourite chaos mini?

and

As a Word bearer, who do you prefer out of Kor Phaeron and Erebus?

Favorite model: Forge world enforcers models

Kor Phaeron or Erebus: Neither. Both needs to die, their a cancer in the legion. 

Uprising here's my question for you:

What's your least favorite chaos unit?

Also do you prefer the heresy red or pregeresy grey?

Least favorite chaos unit: rule wise zerkers, and bloodletters (I want to take them, but we need drop pods).  Model wise: CSM, zerkers, and heldrake.  They all have potential, but their either older kits, or need a redesign(hel turkey).  

I prefer heresy red personally, it looks so great with the silver trims, If I wanted grey I would do carcharodons (Shark weeks a holiday in the household for a reason).  

If you are good I will feed you people with moderator flesh. Hehe. 

I don't recall being a forum mod making you a demon prince...

It is a recurring joke among Moderati. 

Still I am really thrilled how this worked out, the first Interview is in full swing and it seems people still have a lot of questions. Good work frater, you make a moderator proud!

Now onto a few questions:

- Uprising, could you present us your warband?

- Who is your alter ego on tabletop?

- Which is your favorite bodyguard for your HQ?

Now onto a few questions:

- Uprising, could you present us your warband?

- Who is your alter ego on tabletop?

- Which is your favorite bodyguard for your HQ?

1. You wants pictures?  That is my least favorite part of the hobby.  I will see what I can do. 

2. I take the mindset of zhe captain from romantically apocalyptic webcomic.  My ideas are so crazy they work

09ca1822232c687cc4adb3672693f668.jpg

3. For Khârn its mutant rabble with an enforcer(He has a gift for killing Knights).  My mutant overlord to Tzeentch love his 6 autocannon heavy weapon team buddies(He usually get to man the quad gun).  My dark apostle/lord goes with my other mutant rabble squads, while my Jugger lord  hangs out with my blood crusher or spawns.  My 10 DP fly solo(I need to get an apoc game in). 

A wee bit late to the party, but here goes-

What about Chaos inspires you the most? Is it the tragic tale of treachery ten thousand years in the making? Is it a particular model or character that you like, either aesthetically or on the tabletop? Or is it something else entirely?

And what other outside influences inspire you when you're painting, modeling, writing up lore, etc.

Also, what's the background of your warband?

Least favorite chaos unit: rule wise zerkers, and bloodletters (I want to take them, but we need drop pods).  Model wise: CSM, zerkers, and heldrake.  They all have potential, but their either older kits, or need a redesign(hel turkey). 

Hmm, I should give you a sneak peek at my Heldrakes some time...

Archived