gallery_45765_12339_338874.png

One more day on Miral, One more day for Rogal Dorn

The Imperial Fists are known for fighting on when they might be better served by retreat. Never has this been more apparent than when the Hive Fleet Leviathan attacked from below the galactic plane and posed a threat to Holy Terra itself.
Captain Lysander's battle group intercepted a splinter fleet of Leviathan on the verdant world of Miral. The Imperial Fists set up a fire base in time to meet the Tyranid onslaught and for six days, fighting fearlessly from their defences, they held firm against constant attack by overwhelming numbers.
By this time, tactical analysis indicated that another day on Miral would see the Imperial Fists over run but despite this their Chaplains walked amongst them, demanding one more day for the honour of Rogal Dorn. Inspired by the memory of their Primarch, the Imperial Fists fought on. Many fell, but by the end of the seventh day their banner still flew over the base and the Tyranids were gone.

[source: p.76, Codex: Space Marine (4th Edition)]

[ + + + + + ]

Welcome to the latest painting challenge for the B&C sons of Dorn!

Want to know what it's all about? Follow the 4 easy steps below!

1. Gather your unassembled and/or unpainted models that represent one of the many Chapters of Rogal Dorn's bloodline (or even the mighty VIIth Legion itself);
  2. Take a picture of them in their current state and post it in this thread along with a vow to paint them before the end of the event (2nd March 2019 at 23:59 in your timezone);
  3. Once the models are painted to a level that you are happy with, take a picture of them and post in this thread to mark your vow as complete;
  4. If you've managed to complete your vow before 2nd March and feel like painting some more, go back to step 1 and make another vow!

If you lack the inspiration and/or time to come up with an inspiring vow, consider using the following example as a foundation:

I, (insert forum name), vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (insert Chapter name) to complete (insert unit/model name and quantity) by 2nd March 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

If you have any questions, check out the Q&A section below. If you can't find an answer to your question, feel free to ask in this thread or to contact via personal message (PM).

Now get building and painting in the name of our Primarch and the Emperor! :thumbsup:

Event Q&A:

Q: Can I vow models that already have paint on them?

A: Yes! You can vow any model as long as you consider it to be unfinished.

Q: Can I paint up my models in the colours of a custom Chapter of my own design?

A: As long as you claim them to be from Dorn's gene-line, you can!

Q: Can I paint models that aren't from Codex: Space Marines (i.e. Deathwatch)?

A: Of course; they still wear their Chapter colours with pride on their right pauldron after all!

Q: That is an epic piece of artwork. Who's the artist?

A: Yes, it is and it's from Russian artist Dimitriy Mayorov who goes by the name of Slimdimanus on deviantArt (link).

Q: Is Chaplain Dosjetka really as cool as people make him out to be?

A: I can't say much but I've heard he actually is. :cool.:

Q: Is there an event banner for my signature space?

A: I'm glad you asked! It's tradition on the B&C to have signature banners for events and this is no exception!

300x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_13106.png

33x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_531.png

Participant list:

1. @appiah5 | VOW | Incomplete
  2. @Brother Cambrius | VOW | Incomplete
  3. @Brother Chaplain Kage | VOW | Incomplete
  4. @Brother Christopher | VOW | Complete
  5. @Brother Pheidias | VOW | Complete
  6. | VOW | Complete
  7. @Brother Talarian | VOW | Incomplete
  8. @Canadian_F_H | VOW | Incomplete
  9. @Captain Sandoval | VOW | Complete | VOW 2 | Complete | VOW 3 | Complete | VOW 4 | Complete
  10. @CaptnRussia | VOW | Complete
  11. @CausticCossack | VOW | Complete
  12. @Chaoself | VOW | Complete
  13. @Closet Skeleton | VOW | Complete
  14. @Deafbok | VOW | Complete
  15. @dreadmad | VOW | Incomplete
  16. @Dusktiger | VOW | Incomplete
  17. @Eib.Almera | VOW | Complete
  18. @Father Mehman | VOW | Incomplete
  19. @Focslain | VOW 1 | Complete | VOW 2 | Complete
  20. @Gederas | VOW | Complete
  21. @Hellebras | VOW | Complete
  22. @JAG Templar | VOW | Complete
  23. @Kinstryfe | VOW | Complete
  24. @Knightsword | VOW | Incomplete
  25. @Kriegsmacht | VOW | Complete
  26. @Lemondish | VOW | Incomplete
  27. @Mandragola | VOW | Incomplete
  28. | VOW | Complete
  29. @MarshallRigaud | VOW | Complete
  30. @Mordian Glory | VOW | Incomplete
  31. @Rizara | VOW | Complete
  32. @Semper Fortis | VOW 1 | Complete | VOW 2 | Complete
  33. @Skorp | VOW | Incomplete
  34. @Soldier of Dorn | VOW | Incomplete
  35. @ST.Lazarus | VOW | Complete
  36. | VOW | Complete
  37. @War Angel | VOW | Complete
  38. @Wraithwing | VOW | Complete

Brother Sgt Arkley: Welcome to the event! Solid start and I look forward to seeing them completed. :thumbsup:

It's a good thing this event's running until March, as the Power Fist Primaris Captain likely will have to take until February to finish (shoulder pad I want for the model only comes in the Kill-Team Cassius set, and both local GWs still have Deathwatch: Overkill)

This is the most recent picture of Watch-Captain Marez of the Crimson Fists:
0OvTSsW.jpg

In that case.....

I, Gederas, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (insert Chapter name) to complete a Deathwatch Primaris Captain with Power Fist & Plasma Pistol and Primaris Intercessor Hellblaster by 2nd March 2019.

I need to take a picture of the semi-assembled Hellblaster :laugh.:

Gederas: Is the shoulder pad you need the one on the Imperial Fists Deathwatch gunner from Cassius' Kill Team? If so, I have one spare that I'd be glad to send over. :tu: Let me know if you're interested via PM.

Gederas: Is the shoulder pad you need the one on the Imperial Fists Deathwatch gunner from Cassius' Kill Team? If so, I have one spare that I'd be glad to send over. :thumbsup: Let me know if you're interested via PM.

Indeed it is :lol:

A painting event for the Dorn boys, eh? I do have this guy laying about and my resolution is to get stuff painted this year. 

gGUwy9r.png

Before I commit, I need to make sure I have all his bits as I packed away a lot of my 40k models to work on stuff from another company. 

Well, considering today's my birthday, I will take this as a sign that I must participate. I'll have to check which miniatures I have more or less ready for painting for my VIIth Legion once I have them at hand (hopefully next week I should have time to check it).

I had already sworn to paint more this year, so excellent timing. So just to be clear, the squad of Intercessors I've been painting is already maybe 2/3s of the way done, it's allowed this year? I realize that would be a meager vow, I'd supplement it with more if it is.

well this is good! it'll help me keep on track with painting my army for this season.

I, the humble moderati Dusktiger, the Scorpius Cruentifer, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, Alexis Polux, and the Crimson Fists, to complete

• 20 Intercessors
  • 5 Hellblasters
  • 2 Company Veterans
  • a Redemptor Dreadnought
  • 3 Aggressors
  • a counts-as Pedro Kantor
  • a Whirlwind

by March 2nd, 2019.

10 intercessors are in the mail.

49741322_10156666943196224_1371836692058

Welcome to Wraithwing, ST.Lazarus, Eib.Almera, Dusktiger, and Lemomdish! Glad to have you all aboard. :tu:

Soldier of Dorn, CFH, BCK, Elzender, and Hellebras: looking forward to seeing your respective vows. :tu:

BCK: Is that not-Lysander going to be painted in Imperial Fist colours? Or is he a Crimson Fist?

I, Dreadmad, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Crimson Fists to complete 1 Smash Captain, 15 Intercessors, 6 Inceptors, a Redemptor Dreadnough & 1 other (currently undecided) HQ by 2nd March 2019.

Current models I own (the rest will be purchased ASAP) http://imgur.com/a/7V1QWJI

Edit: All my time has been monopolised by the Astra Militarium I have to build and paint for an upcoming tournament. I will have to live in shame I'm afraid

I haven't technically finished anything in my Invaders Picture log (chapter badges are incomplete on the mostly finished guys) so;

I Closet Skeleton vow to complete 3 10 man intercessor squads, 1 6 man inceptor squad, 1 10 man helblaster squad, 1 primaris lieutenant, 1 primaris captain, 1 primaris ancient).

More pics are in my signature link.

gallery_85153_15039_238530.png

5 more helblasters are still on the sprue.

I, Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Sigismund, the First Captain of the VII legion Astartes, the first Emperor's Champion, and first High Marshall of the Black Templars.

I Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, in service to our glorious Emperor, to complete THREE (YES 3) LAND RAIDER CRUSADERS by the 2nd day of March 2019.

For Sigismund, Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

UDIArhi7_o.png

EDIT! adding link to my Crusade PLOG, where Vow updates are made...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305544-cfh-acadian-crusade-wip-plog/page-5?do=findComment&comment=5232091

So i haven't done much of anything with 40k in a while, other then assembling some models I haven't played a game in over 7 months, or painted 40k stuff.  That being said, I am going to work up something as I have been assembling some son's of dorn over the past several weeks thanks to that battleforce box.   So i will be working on something, just gotta get some pics and think about what I can paint for the first vow and get finished.  

Archived