+++Deathwatch Outpost+++

Captain Semper

+++DEATHWATCH OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_IMPERIUM_DW.jpg

Welcome to the Deathwatch Outpost. Deathwatch belongs to the “Forces of the Imperium (IFOR)” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units: 

- Index Imperium 1 – Deathwatch list: All units 
Note: the list also specifies what other Space Marine units from Index Imperium 1 may be used by Deathwatch. However, in case of points discrepancies between Index Imperium 1 and Codex Space Marines, the points of the Codex will be used instead

Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Adeptus Astartes

• All units with the <Chapter> Keyword

- Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Astra Militarum:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Adeptus Titanicus list

- Index Imperium 2:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Fortifications list

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIUM
As mentioned in the main rules, participants who pledge for Deathwatch will also have the option to pledge units that correspond to any other IFOR Forum as well! However, the units pledged from other IFOR Forums may never be more than the units selected from the list above. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that the Index lists are good until the Codex is released (in which case the Index list becomes obsolete and cannot be used by anyone). Also, FAQs that come in the wake of a particular Codex (or other publication) take precedence over the Codex (or other publication). Also, any PDF releases by either Games Workshop or Forge World are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++DEATH TO THE XENOS!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Azaiel: Vow 1 (1,057)
Black_Knight: Vow 1 (329) COMPLETE
Boyadventurer: Vow 1 (1,951) COMPLETE
dicebod: Vow 1 (1,077)
Duke Danse Macabre: Vow 1 (3,202)
LilNath: Vow 1 (227) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (487) COMPLETE
mjrwaud: Vow 1 (277) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (597) COMPLETE
Moostick: Vow 1 (745) COMPLETE  | Vow (821) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,097) COMPLETE
Private Jenkins: Vow 1 (649) COMPLETE
Rikev: Vow 1 (375) COMPLETE
SwashBucaneer: Vow 1 (859) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (239) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (244) COMPLETE
war009: Vow 1 (489)
xenomortis: Vow 1 (263) COMPLETE

I'm going in hot.....

I, WAR009, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the IFOR and vow to complete the following units- (Pre Codex)

-Watch Captain Holoverus Pollis- Combi Flamer, Xenophase Blade

-Kill Team "Saber"- Sgt SIA Bolter, Power Sword, 3 Veterans SIA Bolter, Close combat weapon, 1 Veteran SIA Bolter, Storm Shield

-Kill Team "Rapier"- Sgt SIA Bolter, Power Sword, 2Veterans SIA Bolter, Close combat weapon, 1 Veteran SIA Bolter, Storm Shield, 1 Veteran Frag Cannon

-Tarantula Sentry Gun with Heavy Bolters

- Razorback "Longbow" with twin lascannons

for a total value of 489 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the end of the year.

gallery_26778_14419_1124115.jpg

gallery_26778_14419_518261.jpg

the painted tarantula not part of the vow.......

Do you guys think you'll beat the Custodes? I mean once the new Codex hits the shelves? 

Unlikely.  Custodes are a fantastic codex and will be tough to beat on pure WAAC flavour-of-the-month status, and early spoilers on DW don't look to change them beyond being yet another Marine codex with a bit of flavour adjustment.  Don't get me wrong, I love DW and the related background, but it'll be tough to compete with Custodes ease of painting and competitive edge.  Not to mention C:  DW 8th edition looks to be going all in on Primaris Kill Teams, which will likely have a backlash with the DW Veterans/classic Marines faithful.

Spoilers:  I'm not vowing for DW this ETL, regardless of what the codex says :P

I've fought Custodes with two different armies and they are tough as nails. With T5, 3++ and a truckful of wounds I'm not sure how to get rid of them, didn't kill one until turn three in my last game!

Anyway, with the new Codex coming up I was waiting but I have this squad of Terminators sitting on my desk staring at me screaming "PAINT ME!" so a small wafer thin vow to get started.

Following the detection of a Xenos uprising within the forum, I vow to paint the following by August 1st to bring the Emperor's cleansing fire to one and all or suffer the mark of failure!

Deathwatch Terminators:

Terminator Sergeant with Storm Bolter & Power Sword

Terminator with Storm Bolter & Power Fist

Terminator with Storm Bolter & Chainfist

Terminator with Assault Cannon & Power Fist

Terminator with Heavy Flamer, Power Fist & Meltagun

Terminator with Storm Bolter, Power Fist & Cyclone Missile Launcher

Total Points (Index Astartes): 375

http://www.rikev.net/images/etl2018/v1-pre-terminator.jpg

There are many more Deathwatch chilling in the strike cruiser for when the Codex drops!

Well, a bit defeatist... but I hear you. Now will the DW fanatics prove Vel wrong? :devil:

Nothing would please me more :)

Well, I mean, a plastic Warhound Titan would please me more but I'm trying to be realistic here :P

:woot: Another Deathwatch Captain! 

Well done sir, and good luck to you! And keep in mind that for every DW unit you pledge you may pledge a unit from another IFOR Forum (so if you want to add some Custodes in your Force - just saying...) :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W0V3QeOZ6io/UuSlAFVhmSI/AAAAAAAAAWk/zQMaMkqqxXo/s1600/829_large.jpg

NEW CODEX INCOMING!

So today the new Codex goes on pre-order then? :yes:

Hi fellow Xenos hunters,

My kill team is awaiting Primaris reinforcements, but I wanted to vow something to get the ball rolling. To bolster my Deathwatch force in this vulnerable time the noble House Kolossus have offered the services of their Knight Armiger Depth Strider and her capable pilot. Even now their Sacristans are tirelessly working to prepare her for duty.

I am new to the forum and to the ETL so please forgive me if I get anything wrong!

I LilNath rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Deathwatch and vow to complete one Knight Armiger Warglaive armed with a Heavy Stubber of total value 227 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me and my watch eternal glory, whilst failure will mark me as an oath breaker and traitor.

Armiger 1

Really excited for this! Look forward to seeing more action when the codex drops :) good luck all

I pledge for IFOR. First to get these Terminators done, then onto Bikers. They've been sitting in their boxes for months.

13 Terminators (Codex cost)

- 5x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield

- 3x Dual Lightning Claws

- 3x Stormbolter and Power Sword

- 1x CML with Stormbolter and Powerfist

- 1x Assault Cannon and Power Axe

1 Culexus Assassin (Index: Imperium)

Total cost comes to: 745 points

IMG 20180506 191703

Welcome to the Deathwatch Outpost LilNath and Moostick!

@ Moosstick:I don't have yet access to the new Codex (pre-ordered it) so not sure about the units' structure but according the the Index the Termies come in squads of 5-10... May this has changed in the new Codex or, if not, you can rearrange them in two squads? Let me know what the case is. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ah, sorry, I didn't know unit structure mattered.

8 Terminators
- 4x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield

5 Terminators
- 1x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield

Update for week 1 Finally added my before pics

Tarantula that is slowly being painted is not vowed as it was further then allowed to be.

gallery_26778_14419_374061.jpg

3 of the vets are built and ready for primer along with watch captain, and razorback. Tarantula needs to be soaked to get rid of release agents and then ready for primer

Ah, sorry, I didn't know unit structure mattered.

8 Terminators
- 4x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield

5 Terminators
- 1x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield

I take it, no change in points? Like Sergeant premium or something? In either case let me know. ;)

@ War009: Great progress man - this looks like a very exciting project! 

Now we're entering the last 24 hours before the First Weekly Update (out Wednesday). Let's see some more joining up until then!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I thought I'd upload some WIP pics of my Armiger:

Armiger WIP 1

Armiger WIP 2

Just the weathering and base to go now. I'm hoping it will stand out in a sea of black and silver! The paints are looking super thick between the gloss medium and the 'Ardcoat, but ah well. Great job War009, that's a good vow you have going there. Would love to see everyone else's progress.

Cheers,

LilNath

Archived