+++Tyranids Outpost+++

Captain Semper

+++TYRANIDS OUTPOST+++

gallery_48988_15465_11831.png

Welcome to the Tyranids Outpost. Tyranids belong to the “Xenos” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units:

· Codex: Tyranids
· Codex: Genestealer Cults
· Index Imperium 2:

o All units from the Fortifications list

· Imperial Armour Index – Xenos:

o All units from the Tyranids list

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
Army lists are constantly updated through a number of publications: new Codices, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, Forge World PDFs (even experimental ones), Errata, you name it. You must always make sure that you use the most recent list to “price” your units.

That said, the original Indices that were released at the dawn of the 40k 8thEdition, in some cases contain units that did not make it to the Codex (or any subsequent publication). In that case you may still use them and “price” them from the Index list. Note that this applies ONLY to the units that did not make it to the Codex. You may not use the Index to “price” units that appear in the Codex or any later publication. If in doubt, contact me to avoid confusion.

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VII rules. You can find a link below:

THE RULES OF ETL VII CAN BE FOUND HERE

Also, please take the time to go through the Spirit of the ETL to give you an insight of the “unwritten” rules. You can find the link below:

THE SPIRIT OF THE ETL

+++…!+++

Guess I'll open proceedings then:

I, oldschoosoviet, hereby pledge to complete the following units for E TENEBRAE LUX by Sept 1st, 2019, or be consumed as bio-matter by the nearest Hive Fleet.

1x Magus

1x Primus

4 x Locus

4 x Sanctus (2 rifle, 2 bio-dagger)

1 x Nexos

1x Kellermorph (sawnoffs are cooler)

6 x Acolyte Hybrids (hand flamers + H.Rock Drill)

6 x Acolyte Hybrids (+ H. Rock Saw)

for a total of 793pts. May the blessings of the four-armed God bring me fortune.

http://i.imgur.com/INHfvpE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NHTjxmX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VULyUJ1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/atrafP9.jpg

I shall locate my head bag in due course ! :)

- VOW 1 COMPLETE -

http://i.imgur.com/RchraTL.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsoviet

Oldschoolsoviet, great vow! I love your conversions! I will do some myself also mixing cult with delaque models, as they fit very well my idea of a mad sientists based cult!

In the last days I have brought together my tyranids backlog and got more than expected.

Still my first vow will be mainly cult converted characters.

I will probably have news tomorrow (today was family and friends), glad of not being alone!

Edited by Filkarion

Feels a bit minimal after the above, but I guess it all counts. And there'll probably be a second vow down the line.

I, Rogue, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Genestealer Cults, and vow to complete a single Clamavus (of total value 55 points) on or before 1st September 2019. Because if I don't manage that in the next three months, getting a badge is probably the least of my problems.

clamavus sprue

Edited by Rogue

Nice to meet you guys. As a veteran of the ETL (those Khorne Knights in the vid were mine last year, White Scars company(!) before that), I can say that 100% completion can be the proudest achievement we can aim for, whether it's one 50pt model or 1000pts of Neophytes. We're never going to challenge the big three (Codex, Chaos, Heresy) so do everything you can to complete vows.

Glad you like the conversions, but there's more to come ! The cloaks on the Sanctus were Mechanicus Skitarii with a bit of tidying with GS, and it's easy once you match up leg shapes (as if the GW CAD uses similar templates lol).

(still not looking forward to painting my own Neophytes however)

Well two for the Nids already - and more to come! That's brilliant news! Good luck to both!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

---------------------------------

DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO WRITE THE HISTORY OF ETL VII?

JOIN THE MARK OF LIBER!

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

Hello everyone,

Was made aware of this challenge and seemed like good fun but also a great opportunity to get rid of some grey in my nid army. 

I Spacecow will rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tyranids and vow to complete

1x Swarmlord

1x Old one eye

3x Tyrant guard with crushing claws

1x Mawloc

3x Raveners with rending claws and scything talons

1x Broodlord

1x Tyranid Prime

which brings me to a total value of 960 points on or before September 1st, 2019.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

5wPHWKf.jpg

Yeaaaaaahhh! MOOOREEEE

I love you guys, I will post mine tomorrow morning (everything ready), I have more free time on working days that on the family-filled other days (luckly :-D )

WE Filkarion, Lone Dovourer of ETL 2018, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tyranid's Hive Mind and vow to complete

--------Servitor of the Gods of Deep Void--------

10 Hormagants

10 Termagants with Fleshborer

3 Biovore

3 Ripper Swarms

--------The Cult of the Scientific Truth--------

Primus

Kelermorph

2 Sanctus with sniper rifle

of total value 528 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory to us the Grat Devourer and failure will doom us to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and reach the final stage of evolution, death

Entering the pictures:

Primus

Primus

Kelermorph

Kellermorph

Rippers

swarms

Gant

gant

Biovore

biovore

And the two Sanctus, if Semper approves

Sanctus2

Sanctus1

Note: the two sanctus are good old vostroian snipers, hope they are ok "count as" for sanctus (especially lord mustache)
They are also primed a lot of years ago, and both received some paint because of an incident dropping of color
Is this last thing is a problem, I will strip them clean, not a big issue as they both are Metal :devil:  

Edited by Filkarion

Well Filkarion, this year it appears that the Nids got those reinforcements after all! Currently Tyranids have the most points pledged from all Xenos forums (although the ELdar still have two vows to calculate points for)...

Welcome to good luck to all! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sorry for double posting, but as I am in Bruxelles for a two days business trip, I am away from  my paint and minis (and my wife and children, but that is another matter:sweat: )

So I am using this post to take notes of ideas for the next vows; I like to alternate conversion and painting during ETL, also to benefit from the comments and critics of you fratres!

1) I have a "Duster and Stetson" Kelermorph... as he has 3 arms... I guess I will call him Trinita'... This gives me ideas for a Bambino Abominant, the left (Upper) hand of the devil (I still have an ogre body somewhere).

2) I will give the "Hello my baby" stick and hat to one of the aberrants...in some way...

3) an albino Trygon with lots of "power harpoons" on it and a one legged human chained to it

Edited by Filkarion

Day 2 - my first Sanctus reports for duty.

http://i.imgur.com/Hf2VFH3.jpg

My Magus and Locus to focus on tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/39yF6T5.jpg

Basically testing the waters with the various characters, and I'm settling on a scheme and paint order as I work through, so the rank and file should be a tad easier to deal with.

As for future plans, something like this:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Armored_Cars/Kettenkrad/kettenkrad_eastern42_HD.jpg

:)