+++Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost+++

+++ADEPTUS MECHANICUS OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_IMPERIUM_Mechanicus.jpg

Welcome to the Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost. Adeptus Mechanicus belongs to the “Forces of the Imperium (IFOR)” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units: 

- Codex Adeptus Mechanicus: All units

- Index Imperium 2:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Fortifications list

- Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Astra Militarum:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Adeptus Titanicus list

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIUM
As mentioned in the main rules, participants who pledge for Adeptus Mechanicus will also have the option to pledge units that correspond to any other IFOR Forum as well! However, the units pledged from other IFOR Forums may never be more than the units selected from the list above. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that the Index lists are good until the Codex is released (in which case the Index list becomes obsolete and cannot be used by anyone). Also, FAQs that come in the wake of a particular Codex (or other publication) take precedence over the Codex (or other publication). Also, any PDF releases by either Games Workshop or Forge World are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++FOR THE OMNISSIAH!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

40kcollector: Vow 1 (1,206) COMPLETE

BitterSilence: Vow 1 (550) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (200) COMPLETE

Burni: Vow 1 (240) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (506) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (59) COMPLETE

Darnarth Lysander: Vow 1 (655)

Focslain: Vow 1 (240) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (598) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (2,002) COMPLETE

frosteldar: Vow 1 (223) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (220) COMPLETE

Imperialsquishiness: Vow 1 (931) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (374) COMPLETE

KnightBringer: Vow 1 (557)

MajorNese: Vow 1 (255) COMPLETE

Midlight: Vow 1 (240) COMPLETE

Omnissiahs Fury: Vow 1 (1,411)

OnboardG1: Vow 1 (356) COMPLETE

Redtoof: Vow 1 (894) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (47) COMPLETE

Well, let's get started with some smaller stuff...

I, MajorNese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 18 Rangers and 1 techpriest dominus of total value 255 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Before-pic (currently working abroad, bases weren't finished before departure):

http://abload.de/img/20180430_200729v2q5x.jpg

Let he hotel-based painting begin...or rather continue. Finished some models yesterday, but wasting that painting time because of ETL wasn't acceptable either.

A question for the next vow:

I basecoated 2 ironstriders a while ago, before ETL announcement. Drybrushed them with metal when I needed to get the right drybrush consistency for the armigers. Do I need to basecoat over the drybrush to make it vowable? Not a lot of work to basecoat again, not much work done by drybrush either. And not many points, considering what else is in the backlog.

Will do that, when I'm back home in 2 weeks. I'd have no issue getting them back to black, just rather not start painting before clearing that up.

Besides ironstriders, I'm planning another two armigers, and (depending on timing/shipping) a knight or two. We'll see...

I, Focslain rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 1 Armigar Warglaive of total value 240 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primed parts below.

SW Armigar

Good start there guys! And remember, for each Mechanicum unit you pledge, you can also pledge a unit for any other IFOR forum! So Guard, Assassins, Custodes, Inquisitors, Sisters, Deathwatch and Grey Knights, are all a possibility! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Imperialsquishiness rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 5 Rangers, 5 Vanguard, 1 techpriest dominus, 2 Ironstrider Ballistarii and 2 Knight Armiger Warglaives of total value 931 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

One question. I'm intending to magnetise my Dragoons so that they can operate as ironstriders if I want them to, which are more expensive points wise. Do I pledge both, or do I pledge the more expensive as technically it's still 1 model

k7CjBsr.jpg

Good start there guys! And remember, for each Mechanicum unit you pledge, you can also pledge a unit for any other IFOR forum! So Guard, Assassins, Custodes, Inquisitors, Sisters, Deathwatch and Grey Knights, are all a possibility!

Still waiting for my skitarii Macharius (Mecharius? Machanicum?!?) to arrive, to join my skitarii baneblade. Though I guess that would have to run as Astramiliwhatnow vow.

The latter - you can only pledge one configuration, so you may as well pledge the most expensive combo!

In that case I'll pop the expensive ones in! My original points tally was off anyway thanks to fat thumbs on battlescribe. Have amended to reflect new values.

Oh man here we go.

I KnightBringer rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX upon the honour of the Questor Imperialis for the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 1 Imperial Knight Crusader for a total of 557 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me and mine house honour eternal and failure shall doom me to bear the mark of the oath-breaker till the years end.

post shall be updated later on tonight after I finish work with before shots of the aforementioned knight.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Forgot about that, might look into doing a tank or two at the end, depends on how fast I go thru my Knights (planned 3 vows).

I've edited it to the post above - so everything can be in one place...

So any more Magi that want to carry the honour of Mars on their shoulders? C'mon, let's see some more!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, BitterSilence rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 2 Armigar Warglaive and 5 Corpuscarii Electro- Priest of total value 550 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

fruuEA.jpg

I Redtoof rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 10 Skitarii Vanguard, 7 Sicarian Ruststalkers, 3 Kataphron Destroyers and 2 Armiger Warglaives for a total of 894 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me closer to the Omnissiah and failure shall doom my frail flesh to bear the mark of the oath-breaker till the years end.

Uploaded photo to google photos, posting from a tablet, posting the image directly proving problematic. Go here for a picture of some sprues and stuff:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP7qV6feyymoJ-EjMwj91Y3pt1cCxIIplcGKftGk_yHOkojpa2iDNlvnsW9fiJDGw/photo/AF1QipPpwHqWUa-8GmTDyEfy9Y7J_Pcc1ACf3GDWtw0-?key=a1Nmd3VBNmU3MUVPOV9CZnFoZVU3ZzIxaTVrajJ3

I Omnissiahs Fury rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete: Belisaruius cawl 240 points, 5 kastellan robots (Dakka mode) 550 points, Neutronager 155 points, 10 rangers w/3 TA 145, 3 Cybernetica Datasmiths 132 points, 3 kataphron destroyers W/plasma/phosphor 189 points for a total of 1411 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me closer to the Omnissiah and failure shall doom my frail flesh to bear the mark of the oath-breaker till the years end.

Please see below before pictures. Got a bit too brush happy the other night and put base colours on the kastellans, I have okayed this with Captain Semper.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0JQJbJp

https://imgur.com/gallery/q7Frxdh

Happy painting every one, Ave Omnissiah!

Welcome Omnissiahs Fury - Good luck with your vow! 

Now this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update in Tuesday (or Wednesday). So if you want the AdMech to have a strong showing in that update, place your vows fast! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived