+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

+++AGE OF DARKNESS TRAITOR OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_AOD_Traitor.jpg

Welcome to the Age of Darkness – Traitors (AoD-T) Outpost. AoD-T belongs to the “Age of Darkness” Faction (AoD). Here is the home for those Horus Heresy fans of a Traitor inclination. 

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

You can vow any Units from all official Black and Red books or PDFs (even experimental) – provided the points are taken from the latest version.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE COLOURS OR LOYALTY AND TREACHERY
The only limitation is that participants of the AoD-T Outpost cannot choose units explicitly labelled “Loyalist”. Other than that, there is no restriction. You can paint whatever Legion or other HH sub-faction you like provided you respect the condition above. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: TITANS ARE TITANS
It is a fact that the AoD Faction will suffer from a discount in points vs. 40k for similar units. This is not viewed as an overwhelming handicap in general, but we believe it is especially unfair for Titans. As such, for Titans and Titans only, the AoD faction will be using the 40k points, i.e. 

• Warhound: 2,000pts
  • Reaver: 4,000pts
  • Warlord: 6,000pts 

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS

This means that if there is an update of any Red book or a new Black book that revises pre-existing units during the life of the event, then all vows made AFTER the release of the updated book must be priced according to the new book. Also, any official PDF releases relevant to Horus Heresy are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Aias: Vow 1 (1,270) COMPLETE

Altis: Vow 1 (1,255)

Archidamus: Vow 1 (615) COMPLETE

Balthamal: Vow 1 (1,345) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,285) COMPLETE

Der H: Vow 1 (270) COMPLETE

Dreagher: Vow 1 (3,498) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,030) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,150) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (745) COMPLETE

Fangbanger: Vow 1 (1,035)

Grifftofer: Vow 1 (606)

heshman: Vow 1 (1,020) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (660) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (215) COMPLETE

Hyperion: Vow 1 (105) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (190) COMPLETE

Kizzdougs: Vow 1 (120) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (150) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (415) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (120) COMPLETE

LameBeard: Vow 1 (164) COMPLETE

LetsYouDown: Vow 1 (390)

okonomiyakimarine: Vow 1 (775) COMPLETE

Rayray: Vow 1 (660)

Scribe: Vow 1 (445)

Supe robot gangster #1: Vow 1 (1,035) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (3,000)

The Observer: Vow 1 (880) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (2,300)

Qkhitai: Vow 1 (500)

Vogon: Vow 1 (280) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (545) COMPLETE

Vykes: Vow 1 (985) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,350) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (1,450) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (3,605) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (4,163) COMPLETE

OOC Vows

Vykes: Vow 1 COMPLETE

I, Hyperion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster in this Age of Darkness, and vow to complete a Master of Signal of the Thousand Sons Legion, of total value 105 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring vindication to my Lord Magnus and destruction to the False Emperor ...failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and the displeasure of Horus.

Master of Signal (Artificer Armour) 105

med_gallery_4484_14615_677632.jpeg

I Dreagher rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the war master in this age of darkness and vow to complete 9 support Marines (volkite chargers, chain axes, aa and pf seargent), 2x3 ferox thallax with chain blades, a vindicate, a firestorm redoubt, an Aquila strong point, a knight lancer and warhound scout titan for a total of 3498 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will bring me at the mercy of Angron and doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL VI first vow

I, Qkhitai, accept the parameters of E TENEBRAE LUX and pledge to the Warmaster's cause: two squads of three Ursarax (Juggernaut counts-as) and one squad of ten Secutarii Peltasts with Kinetic Hammershot rounds, for a total of 500 points. They shall be ready for frontline service with the Ember Wolves on or before August 1st, 2018. The Warmaster does not accept failure.

Ursarax Cohort (175pts)

Ursarax Cohort (175pts)

Secutarii Peltast Phalanx (150pts)

Kinetic Hammershot Rounds

zx7aMIc.jpg

A Warhound - whaaaat???? 

OK, a strong start BUT the loyalists already have 9 participants... If the loyalists come ahead of you that will not only be a source of eternal shame - it'll also be inexplicable... How would that be possible? So get as many new recruits, because large vows are welcome, but numbers win ETLs...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Supe robot gangster #1 accept the challenge laid out in E TENEBRAE LUX pledging for the warmaster the following for the XV Legio Astartes, the Thousand Sons.

Legion malcador assault tank

Twin-linked lascannon

Demolisher siege cannon

Two sponson lascannons

330pts

Legion vindicator siege tank

120pts

Contemptor dreadnought

Two twin-linked volkite culverins

205pts

Legion praetor

Cataphtactii terminator armour

Paragon blade

155pts

Azhek Ahriman

225pts

For a total of 1035 points.

Glory to the warmaster! Shall I fail I shall bear a badge of shame for all to witness for one year.

I shall not fail

I Grifftofer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the glorious Warmaster and vow to complete a Blackshields Reaver Lord, Moritat Consul and Marauder Squad of total value 606 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Reaver Lord

• Charnabal Sabre
  • Power Sword
  • Digital Lasers
  • Rad Grenades
  • Artificer Armour
  • Refractor Field

200pts

Moritat Consul

• 2x Plasma Pistols
  • Jump Pack
  • Artificer Armour
  • Refractor Field

165pts

Marauder Squad

• 5 additional Marauders
  • 8 Bolters
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Missile Launcher
  • Power Fist

241pts

And apologies for the pics. I didn't realise how difficult photographing the black basecoat was going to be. (spoilered for size)

e2uQhl0.jpg

c1WEXP5.jpg

OK, the followers of the Warmaster are closing ranks! That's great but you're still behind vs. the loyalists.

The most important thing now is to get people on board - even with moderately sized vows.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I okonomiyakimarine rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster and vow to complete my Emperor's Children 3rd Millennial 84th Company so-called 'loyal' ex-HQ/Elites consisting of a Destroyer Squad with a Moritat Consul and two Contemptor Dreadnoughts all sentenced to die asap for the Warmaster's cause no matter where they think their loyalty lies of total value 775 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me closer to our beloved Commander Eidolon and if the Gods allow some eternal glory and failure will show that these bastards were right not to let our apothecaries implement our newest technologies to their bodies and doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end or the False Emperor concedes he was wrong from the start and finally allows himself to die whatever comes first.

Moritat [160pts]: Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field, Volkite Serpenta

Legion Destroyer Squad [305pts]: Jump Packs, Melta Bombs, 1x Missile Launcher; Sergeant with Artificer Armour, 2x Phosphex Bombs

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [310pts]: CCW and Lascannon; CCW and Kheres

k0BMX5i.jpg?1

I Vogon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness and vow to complete one unit of five Tactical Support Legionaries armed with Volkite Calivers, one Demios Pattern Rhino and one Demios Pattern Vindicator of total value 280 points on or before August 1st, 2018.

gallery_92760_11494_1316439.jpeg

For Humanity!

Well I started painting today, for the first time in nearly a decade. Turns out I'm just as bad a painter now as I was when I was a teenager :( I was kind of hoping I might have somehow miraculously gotten better with age :sweat:

Well I started painting today, for the first time in nearly a decade. Turns out I'm just as bad a painter now as I was when I was a teenager :( I was kind of hoping I might have somehow miraculously gotten better with age :sweat:

Khorne cares not how the paint flows, so long as it flows... that’s how it works right? I’m new this whole traitor thing

Well I started painting today, for the first time in nearly a decade. Turns out I'm just as bad a painter now as I was when I was a teenager :sad.: I was kind of hoping I might have somehow miraculously gotten better with age :sweat:

thin your paints they say. also take it ease and don't try too many new things at once.

You think you need help? Just post some images, there might be people here who can give some hints. I'd say keep the general theme simple, you can add all the fancy stuff when you think the vow is more or less complete / tabletop-ready.

I, The Observer, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Warmaster in this Age of Darkness, and vow to complete an Archmagos Prime, a Magos Dominus and Perturabo, Sire of the IVth legion, of total value of 880 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring vindication to the Omnissiah and the Iron Warriors, and destruction to the False Emperor ...failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and the displeasure of Perturabo.

The vow breaks down as follows

The Primarch Perturabo with the After Istvaan/Forgebreaker upgrade (490p)

Magos Prime with the Archmagos Upgrade, Djinn Skein, Machinator Array, Techno-Arcana Malagra, Cortex Controller, Cyber Familiar, Photon Thruster, Paragon Blade, Archaeotech Pistol, Mastercraft one weapon (295p)

Magos Dominus with a Servo Arm, Mastercrafted Power Maul, Laspistol and Infravisor (95p)

Pictorial Evidence:

naHvreC.jpg?1

(Perturabo is undercoated in dark silver, the Archmagos in grey)

Wow! Some amazing stuff here... but let me give you some insight:

You have exactly half the participants compared to the Loyalists and roughly half the points (a bit more actually with your avg. vow at 960pts vs. 887of the Loyalists). I really thought it would be the other way around. :o

Be that as it may, it's still early days and there is plenty of time to get more to your cause. 

Welcome to all the new participants and best of luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Observer

Can you post a better more detailed picture of the Malagra please? Also where is the main body from? I think I can identify most of the pieces but the body escapes me at the moment.

Also interesting that we both used Draykavac’s head for our respective Archmagos Malagra conversions.

The Observer

Can you post a better more detailed picture of the Malagra please? Also where is the main body from? I think I can identify most of the pieces but the body escapes me at the moment.

Also interesting that we both used Draykavac’s head for our respective Archmagos Malagra conversions.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326334-a-war-forgotten-tales-of-unificationterran-magos/page-5

Post 103, the bitz writeup should be there too I think! If not or not satisfying enough, just shoot me a pm :)

Archived