Captain Semper

+++NECRON OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_XENOS_Necrons.jpg

Welcome to the Necron Outpost. The Necrons belong to the “Xenos” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units: 

- Codex Necrons: All units

- Imperial Armour Index – Xenos:

• All units from the “Necrons” list

- Index Imperium 2:

• All units from the Fortifications list

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that the Index lists are good until the Codex is released (in which case the Index list becomes obsolete and cannot be used by anyone). Also, FAQs that come in the wake of a particular Codex (or other publication) take precedence over the Codex (or other publication). Also, any PDF releases by either Games Workshop or Forge World are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++THE DYNASTIES RISE AGAIN!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Adorondak: Vow 1 (500) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (39) COMPLETE

Clunk: Vow 1 (288)

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: Vow 1 (129) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (576) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (210) COMPLETE

Ebsas: Vow 1 (845) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,673) COMPLETE

Feirros: Vow 1 (266)

fisheyedbunny: Vow 1 (813) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (435) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (621) COMPLETE

Mechanist: Vow 1 (852) COMPLETE

Mr4Minutes: Vow 1 (803)

NTaW: Vow 1 (300) COMPLETE

Tyriks: Vow 1 (262)

I, Mr4Minutes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the true undisputed masters of the universe, the Necron Phaerons! (and other Xenos... dirty Aeldari) and vow to complete the following:

Cryptek [85pts]
Selections: Canoptek Cloak [5pts], Staff of Light [10pts]

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [39pts]
Selections: 3x Feeder Mandibles

4x Canoptek Wraith w/ Whip Coils [256pts]
Selections: 4x Vicious Claws, 4x Whip Coils[36pts]

5x Canoptek Wraith w/ Transdimensional Beamer [345pts]
Selections: 5x Transdimensional Beamer [70pts], 5x Vicious Claws

a total value of 803 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to Necron empire and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_906675.jpeg

Edit: added the before photo. I was at work and just excited to get started. Also I’m a noob at posting images....

I, Mr4Minutes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the true undisputed masters of the universe, the Necron Phaerons! (and other Xenos... dirty Aeldari) and vow to complete the following:

Cryptek [85pts]
Selections: Canoptek Cloak [5pts], Staff of Light [10pts]

4x Canoptek Wraith w/ Whip Coils [256pts]
Selections: 4x Vicious Claws, 4x Whip Coils[36pts]

5x Canoptek Wraith w/ Transdimensional Beamer [345pts]
Selections: 5x Transdimensional Beamer [70pts], 5x Vicious Claws

a total value of 803 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to Necron empire and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

FYI you need a before picture for the view to be legal!

Great stuff Mr4Minutes! I really want to see the Necrons making an impact - my preferred Xenos race! Hopefully more Dynasties will follow your example! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, fisheyedbunny, of sound mind (lol) rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux on the side of our lords and masters the Necrons. My first vow is the following:

2 x Overlord with Res orb & Warscythe- 260pts (130pts ea)

1 x Overlord with Res orb & Voidscythe - 139pts

5 x Immortals with Telsa - 85pts

12 x Warriors - 144pts

3 x Scarabs - 39pts

1 x Annihilation Barge with Tesla Cannon - 146pts

This should all work out to 813pts.

First Pledge Before Pic

I Ebsas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the glorious Necrons and vow to complete:

1x Nemesor Zahndrekh (180 points)

1x Imotekh the Stormlord (200 points)

3x Canoptek Wraiths /w vicious claws (165 points)

6x Necron Destroyers (300 points)

For a total value of 845 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring the Necron race eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_85622_14482_265973.jpg

Great stuff, keep them coming guys! 

At this point, the Tau are your main contender for the Primus Inter Pares. Question is, is the young Tau Empire a match for the Ancient Dynasties? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great stuff, keep them coming guys!

At this point, the Tau are your main contender for the Primus Inter Pares. Question is, is the young Tau Empire a match for the Ancient Dynasties?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My legion of Warriors have dirt in their joints older then those amphibious amoeba! They shall be ground to nothing under our endless undying legions! (After the ETL tho, we need their little flipper fingers diligently painting and assembling to topple the foolish Imperium!)

Edit: correct quote cited......

I Mithrilforge rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons! and Vow to complete as an "OUT OF COMPETITION ENTRY"*

a Unit of 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [0pts] on or before August 1st,2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end...and my reanimation protocols will be removed by my local Cryptek ! :ermm:

Before -

med_gallery_9146_583_407218.jpg

Side Note * As i have already pledged for the T'AU Forum i still wanted to enter for the Necrons as i'm rebooting them at the moment, So in between my T'AU vows i'll still be painting some Necron units so no matter how small or large, i'll be vowing them too just for the spirit of the ETL, again guys i'm sorry these won't add to the points total but i want to be along for the ride too :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

Looking good so far, mithril.

Could'a vowed for us instead and done tau OOC, seeing as you've yet to post your vow there :tongue.:

I know...:blush.:  i have a big game with mates coming from interstate this weekend so i'm painting Necrons for it...T'AU will get started next week... 

if only tau and necrons were under the xeno's banner altogether :wink: ... next year maybe ! 

Mithril

Alright, all my vow plans have gone badly. I didn't realize I was out of primer, then I broke a model in carrying it out to spray, and now I have realized I misplaced some more. So I'm just gonna vow these three to start, I'll get everything else ready in the meantime.

I, Tyriks, rise to the challenge and pledge to restore glory to the Necron Empire! I will paint:

A Lord with a Staff of Light (83 points)

A Cryptek with Canoptek Cloak (85 points)

An Overlord with Staff of Light (94 points)

For a total of 262 points. May the Flayer Curse take me if I fail.

https://imgur.com/a/kOFWZRB I'll post a better link when Im not on my phone

I've not posted on here in a while (though I have been lurking) and I've recently got my hands on a new Necron army, so I figured I'd give the ETL a go.

I Feirros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons and vow to complete

1 Cryptek with Chronometron

and

1 Triarch Stalker with Heavy Gauss Cannon

of total value 266 points on or before August 1st 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_92959_12084_70028.jpg

The Crypek's Mostly assembled, minus a few minor details, and the Stalker's assembled and primed.

I, Adorondak, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons and vow to complete 1 Cryptek with canoptek cloak and staff of light (98pts), 5 Immortals with telsa carbine (85pts), 5 Lychguard with hyperphase swords & dispersion shields (185pts) and 3 Canoptek Wraiths with 3 vicious claws, 1 particle caster and 1 transdimensional beamer (132pts) of total value 500pts.

And i vow to post a pic of the above mentioned units as soon as i figure out how

I NTaW rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrons and vow to complete 6x Destroyers of total value 300 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

41857756231_b9f5e5f354_z.jpg

THE DYNASTIES ARE RETURNED!

greatness_devoured_by_majesticchicken-d4

Wow, a wave of Necron overlords just arrived! That's great stuff and good luck to all. But don't let go of the recruitment effort: The Tau are also making a strong showing with an average vow of 1,200 vs. the Necron's average vow of 570. That means more recruits (for sure) and possibly one or two big vows in order to raise the average!

Be that as it may, that is a great showing of the Necrons' crowd!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I was gonna throw shade about the manta and how it wouldn’t be done by the end of ETL...but then I hopped over and took a look and D: .

Captain, what’s the rules on scratch building fortifications? Thinking of doing the Tomb citadel, it’s been in my head for a while, and it’s the only tangible thing I can work on right now :D. Also think it might be the only way to catch up...less someone has the cash lying round to go buy a full-blown pylon or two?

I was gonna throw shade about the manta and how it wouldn’t be done by the end of ETL...but then I hopped over and took a look and D: .

Captain, what’s the rules on scratch building fortifications? Thinking of doing the Tomb citadel, it’s been in my head for a while, and it’s the only tangible thing I can work on right now :D. Also think it might be the only way to catch up...less someone has the cash lying round to go buy a full-blown pylon or two?

Scratch builds are not allowed for the reasons I’m explaining in the main rules. I know what you’re saying, but I cannot make exceptions and keep the credibility of the event in tact. It will also be unfair to someone who actually dishes out the money for the actual thing.

Never say never though. If someone would have told me that there would be a Manta pledged this year, I wouldn’t have believed it. But the important bit is not so much the point-rich models as is mass participation and of course high completion rates.

If you want a scratch build Pylon, it has to be out-of-competition.

Archived