+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Chaos Legios Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_08_CSM.jpg

Followers of the Dark Gods!

The weak are on the move again! Now it’s time to show them the true meaning of the Primordial Truth! Now it’s time to unleash the full fury of Chaos and bring the Imperium to its knees once and for all!

Last year Chaos managed to put together an amazing effort, amidst rumors for a new Codex – which naturally made people reluctant on large commitments – and completed an impressive 20.4k points between you at completion rate of 83% (!) giving you the 4th position overall.

Well, now the new Codex is out (still less than a year old) and with some impressive minis to boot! Will you be able to beat last year’s performance? Will you be able to complete more than 20.4k pts? Will you be able to improve your positioning to above 4th place? Will you become Primus Inter Pares?

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully, veterans and new entrants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Chapter House” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links in your “completion” post will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

To add a bit more fun to the whole process you may want to dedicate your effort for this year to a particular Chaos deity or to Chaos Undivided. I’m going to record the contribution of the followers of each God to see who’s servants will contribute more to the Chaos cause!

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

CHAOS LEGIOS VOWS

Ammonius | Vow 1 [853]
Antarius | Vow 1 [3,137]
Anturis | Vow 1 [255] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [433]
Aragantes - Vow 1 [1,167]
Araziel | Vow 1 [440]
Battle-Brother Ludovic | Vow 1 [120]
Biaz | Vow 1 [188]
Chaeron | Vow 1 [535] COMPLETE
Chaplainmikey | Vow 1 [580]
chrisman22 | Vow 1 [1,402]
Creeger | Vow 1 [518] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [215]
Cynder Ash | Vow 1 [105] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [480]
DominikB | Vow 1 [330]
Excessus | Vow 1 [601]
HJL | Vow 1 [240] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [510] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [500]
HuronBH | Vow 1 [198]
Ironwithout | Vow 1 [820]
jifel | Vow 1 [400]
Jiron | Vow 1 [260]
Kizzdougs | Vow 1 [255] COMPLETE
Kythnos | Vow 1 [361]
lokkorex | Vow 1 [1,040]
-Max- | Vow 1 [285]
menzer1013 | Vow 1 [689]
nurglez | Vow 1 [513]
Odsox | Vow 1 [40] COMPLETE
Orwasitme | Vow 1 [160] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [575]
Phytoon | Vow 1 [260] COMPLETE
Pipx | Vow 1 [398] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [480] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [436]
Preacher No'ki  | Vow 1 [227]
Punk Possum | Vow 1 [665] COMPLETE
Rayray | Vow1 [3,169]
rooooooot | Vow 1 [746]
Sith'ari | Vow 1 [457]
steve shields | [Vow 1 [401] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [6,716]
Tenebris | Vow 1 [1,000]
Teutonicavenger | Vow 1 [3,216]
The Or | Vow 1 [202]
TheDevourer | Vow 1 [400] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [546] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [175]
TheWarmaster | Vow 1 [260]
TJWyrm | Vow 1 [300]
Trevak Dal | Vow 1 [665]
TrueSonofRuss | Vow 1 [549]
Uprising | Vow 1 [600]
Vaesive | Vow 1 [410]
Vesper | Vow 1 [525]
WarlordEXE | Vow 1 [255] COMPLETE
zyl- | Vow 1 [575] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [1,451]

CHAOS LEGIOS OUT-OF-COMPETITION VOWS

B E N | Vow 1 [558]

Thymebandit | Vow 1 [1,537]

PENACE VOWS:

Andhil [bT forum]: If the Black Templars finish behind the Chaos Space Marine subforum at the END of the Challenge, I, Andhil, will buy, and paint 10 Chaos Space Marines in the colours of the Scions of Perturabo, the Iron Warriors before the year ends.

Deadman Wade [bT forum]: Should Black Templars gain less points than Chaos Space Marines, then I will assemble and paint four squads of eight Khorne Berzerkers and one Chaos Lord.

jifel [Chaos Legios]: If the Black Templars should finish ahead of the Chaos Space marines at the end of the challenge, I, Jifel, will paint a captain in the colors of the Imperial Fists before the end of the year

Jiron [Chaos Legios]: If the Black Templars best the Chaos Legios in E Tenebrae Lux, I will buy and paint a Space Marine Commander in the colours of Black Templars and adorn the model with the trophies taken from my own warband!!! Untill end of the year.

Punk Possum [Chaos Legios]: should the Dark Angels beat the forces of rebellion I will make and paint 10 Dark Angel Tactical marines for my sons force of deluded fools.

For the glory of the magnificent, luscious and dreaming Dark Prince thus I vow. 

Chaos God: Slaanesh - First Oath

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor

Chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armor

20x Emperor's Children "Noise Marines"

Herald of Slaanesh

10x Daemonettes

Helldrake 

Total: 1000 points

I will start with my picture blog this very week. Thus the Dark Prince wishes, thus we obey!

To be formal:

I, Tenebris the Dreamer answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the above from Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons of total value of 1000 points on or before August 31th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Prince Slaanesh and to the magnificent host of the Emperor's Children, sons of Fulgrim, the graceful IIIrd Legion,  and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum subsection, move if need be.

In the name of Khorne, I Jiron answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Squad of ten Possessed Chaos Space Marines from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value 260 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Rats and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

I Ironwithout answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete x3 Chaos Rhino and x4 10 man Chaos space marine squads. One with Plasma gun and Autocannon and x3 with x2 plasma guns. from Codex Chaos Space Marines of total value of 820 points on or before August 31th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors and Chaos Undivided and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.
gallery_72636_8563_24822.jpg

Hope I have done this right. Have only just joined the Forum. First pics to follow.

I, -Max-, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of counts-as Thousand Sons from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, of total value 285 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Hounds and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Vow 1 Details

1 counts-as Aspiring Sorcerer, options: melta bombs

9 counts-as Rubric Marines, options: Icon of Flame

285 points total

Vow 1 "Before" Picture:

gallery_53134_7133_54880.jpg

I know it's the 15th somewhere in the world right now. I'll start on these probably Thursday, though.

Explanation/justification of the counts-as:

Inquisitor Aleister Dashwood of the Ordo Xenos is a Radical who has gone terribly over the line. At first he merely sought to secretly influence renegade space marines and other fallen human forces into attacking xenos threats, rationalizing that manipulating two enemies into fighting one another was preferable to shedding loyalist blood. Eventually, lured by the casual freedoms of life on the extremities of the galaxy, he began directly contracting renegade space marines as paid mercenaries. The renegade Iron Warriors warband of Jarl Bolverk, the Iron Hounds, became a favorite contractor due to their hatred of xenos and open disdain for those who deal with the daemonic.

Dashwood came to exclusively use the Iron Hounds, foolishly coming to think of them as his private army. Ever further from the light of the Emperor, with his Death Watch team now filled with Space Marines from chapters of dubious loyalty and highly questionable Blackshields, the wayward Inquisitor continues to deceive himself. He has become a sad puppet of the manipulative sorcerer Forn Grimnr, pursued by xenos assassins, under heavy scrutiny by Puritan agents of his own Ordo, and dangerously close to losing himself body and soul to Tzeentch.

The 3rd party figure is a converted "witch hunter" that I've given a Bolt Pistol. His cutlass is now a Force Sword.

The Space Marines will have Blackshield markings or the symbols of "chapters of highly dubious loyalty" painted on them. They are modeled with Master-crafted Bolters that have tubing added to give them lengthened barrels. These represent the Inferno Bolt ammunition of 1k Sons. They are also modeled with 3rd party shields. These will represent the Invulnerable Save granted by the Mark of Tzeentch and Aura of Dark Glory. The Slow and Purposeful is rationalized by Chaos-addled Space Marines who haven't fully come to grips with what they have become, hesitant to pursue objectives they don't completely understand anymore.

The Icon of Flame is something I haven't modeled yet. I'm not sure what exactly it will be, but it will fit in with their theme somehow, perhaps a chained up daemonhost, some piece of corrupted technology, or whatever. I'll think of something.

EDIT: For the "just for fun" tally, I am dedicating my participation in this competition to Chaos Undivided.

EDIT2: Adjusting the vow end date to the 15th instead of 31st.

I TheDevourer answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total of 25 cultists and Typhus from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 400 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Fallen and Godfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to rot silently like the corpse emperor until the year-end.

10 Cultists MoN (70pts), 15 Cultists MoN (100pts), Typhus (230pts) 

WIP can be found in my Thread once I finish building these dudes.

My Thread

Quote ETL Rules:

"Evidence of progress:

Only two pictures are required for each vow – one in the beginning (minis unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting) and one for the finished vow. You are of course welcome to post as many pictures as you like in your WIP thread (or your Strategium thread) – but just two (one at the start and one at the finish) will suffice! Please make sure that all the models of each vow get a “before” and “after” picture, either individually or as a group."

Oh.

So I, Vesper, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of ten Chaos Terminators from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, of total value 525 points on or before August 31th. Success will bring eternal glory to the 11th company of the Black Legion : the Envenomded Heart and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end (I hope not).

I guess I'll have to make a thread. But considering the fact that I'll only take the time to take the blackcoated picture and the end result picture, maybe I can do it here.

So I guess in our little Chaos contest I'm undivided. Even though I mark my terminators with Slaanesh. They're part of my twenty men strong annihilation force to go with my count-as Abaddon.

This is my first time participating in these, I'm assuming if I make a small pledge now (1 squad), I can add on to it later. I'm not sure if I'll be up for much painting in the next few months (busy time at work), but knowing that I can vow one squad at a time would be cool.

Sweet.

I, TheWarmaster, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and so vow a Chaos Space Marine squad consisting of 10 Marines, including 2 meltaguns, and champion for the Alpha Legion, including the Mark of Khorne, coming out to 260 points, to be finished by August 15th, 2013. The Warp may favor my Warband, and I may include more.

Hydra Dominatus!

And while I edit this, might as well add my Before picture.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss32/Hellghast/DSCN1336_zps5b7ff921.jpg

I thetruesonofruss answer the call of the unforgiven and vow to complete 3 squads of plague marines from Codex: Chaos Space Marine of total value of 549 points on or before August 31th. Success will bring eternal glory Grandfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

More will definitely follow but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Before I fell to chaos I was an ETL badass I hope to do better for the dark Gods.

I, roooooot, bow my head to no god of Chaos and answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX. I vow to complete:

- Chaos Space Marines (10 man squad, 2x plasma guns, Icon of Vengeance, aspiring champion w/power sword) 243pts

- Raptors (10 man squad, flamer x2, raptor champion w/power sword) 205pts

- Chaos Terminators (5 man squad, power axe x2, power maul, powerfist, terminator champion w/combi-melta & chain fist) 186pts

- Chaos Lord (terminator armour, combi-melta, power axe) 112pts

from Codex: Chaos Spare Marines of total value 746pts on or before August 31th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Edit: had a few unmodelable options still turned on in Army Builder. Think I got them all.

I'm back, baby! This year I hope to get at least over 1000 points in.. maybe more. My actual goal is to run myself out of models, which is going to be hard to do, but it doesn't hurt to aim high... sometimes. That said, I'll open with a tame vow. First set is Tyhpus, 5 plague marines with an icon and a plasma gun, 2 obliterators, and a sorceror with force axe. Total value of 575 points and all pictured below. It's too bad I just painted a bunch of World Eaters stuff, or I could have added it in, but I like progress all the same.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/ipod006_zpsc4ffaf9a.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/ipod005_zps0862891f.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/ipod003_zps1889046a.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/ipod002_zps8ec94dc5.jpg

@ Tanith, TrueSon and Vesper: Yes basecoat is fine - but provide pics. Oh and TrueSon? When did you turn? laugh.png

@ The Warmaster: You can make up to 5 vows. You cannot add to a prvious one per se - you must make a new one once you're done with the first one!

@ HJL: WOW!!! What do they feed you in Texas! biggrin.png You finished that in what? 12 hours? Boy we're in for a steep competition this year... Could you provide a before pic too?

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

I Araziel answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total of 30 Plague Zombies and counts-as Typhus from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 440 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Fallen and Godfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to rot silently like the corpse emperor until the year-end.

(Will post before pics when I finish work this evening)

Edit;

The "before" photo of 30 Zombies and a counts-as Typhus.

Edit: Oh I see there.

I, Trevak Dal, Strike-Commander answer the call of E Tenebres Lux, and vow to Blood God to paint:

10 Chaos Space Marines with Plasma Rifles, Close Combat weapons, Mark of Khorne, Champion with Powerfist

10 Chaos Space Marines with Plasma Rifles, Close Combat Weapons, Mark of Khorne, Champion with Boltpistol, Plasma Pistol and Power Sword

Dreadnought with Reaper Assault Cannon, Powerfist and Flamer

and 2 Rhinos, with Havok Launchers

totaling 665 points, by August 15th. If I fail, I shall have dishonored myself before Khorne, and Blood-Father Angron and so bear the Mark of Shame.

I still haven't decided on just calling them 'World Eaters', because they're a WE Warband, but I keep bouncing back and forth between 'Crimson Raptors' and 'Red Drakes'-regardless they're going to be red, Khornate, more 'close combat' in nature, as my tau are (dark)Blue and Tan and are naturally shooty as can be.

So far, I got them primed in Army Painter Dragon Red, and I started (this morning when I got off work-before taking a break to check online) on two guys gold work.

Hope I do this right...

Squad 1:

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/TrevakDal/media/World%20Eater%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines/DSCF1174_zpsbead6147.jpg.html

Squad 2:

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/TrevakDal/media/World%20Eater%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines/DSCF1182_zps81310eff.jpg.html

Rhinos:

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/TrevakDal/media/World%20Eater%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines/DSCF1182_zps81310eff.jpg.html

Dred:

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/TrevakDal/media/World%20Eater%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines/DSCF1176_zpsb81d1060.jpg.html

Archived