+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Lord Thorn, just to be on the safe side: This sentence from the first post...

(Please note, this contest does not restrict access to Call of Chaos or any Age of Darkness painting contests.)

...means that I can vow the same model in this event and the Call of Chaos at the same time, correct?

OK VOW TIME!

I, Uveron, vow on the honor of The Iron Warriors to fully paint at the following units: Obliterators x3 from the Chaos Space Marine Codex with a total points value of 210 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_1024676.jpggallery_63905_11231_376654.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_41236.jpg

Edit, I will add the Minotor in the next vow as we cannot mix codexs and AoD vows. (I will take a new photo with time and date to prove I haven started work on it till that vow)

I, lokkorex, vow on the honour of the fourth legion, the iron warriors, to fully paint one Consul Praevian with Artificier Armour, Combi-Bolter and two Castellax from the Download section of the Forge World website of a total value of 315 points by saturday 3rd december 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

Hmm, seeing how Uveron just seems to have done the exacxt thing I was asking about, I'll just suppose that it is possible to vow the same model in both events, so let's get this show on the road and see where it leads:

I, KrautScientist, vow on the honour of Khorne's Eternal Hunt to fully paint an Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, armed with a power fist from Codex: Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 90 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

And here's the before picture of my Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, counts-as Apothecary:

iron-warriors-apothecary-wip.jpg

Oh, and I don't know whether or not I need to announce it at this point, but this is going to be a trophied model, of course ;)

Wish me luck! ;)

Sorry for not being very responsive, I've been hard at work sad.png

Could I add a single marine vow to my out of comp vow I haven't started yet? I.e. convert it into an in comp vow by adding a unit?

Yes, you can smile.png (I'd like for people to not make it a habit on the other hand)

Lord Thorn, just to be on the safe side: This sentence from the first post...

(Please note, this contest does not restrict access to Call of Chaos or any Age of Darkness painting contests.)

...means that I can vow the same model in this event and the Call of Chaos at the same time, correct?

I see that you and Uveron have since posted your vows, but you are indeed correct smile.png Not only that, but the same models are also elligible to the Gilgamesh Campaign (see link below)

OK VOW TIME!

I, Uveron, vow on the honor of The Iron Warriors to fully paint at the following units: Obliterators x3 from the Chaos Space Marine Codex with a total points value of 210 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Edit, I will add the Minotor in the next vow as we cannot mix codexs and AoD vows. (I will take a new photo with time and date to prove I haven started work on it till that vow)

I, lokkorex, vow on the honour of the fourth legion, the iron warriors, to fully paint one Consul Praevian with Artificier Armour, Combi-Bolter and two Castellax from the Download section of the Forge World website of a total value of 315 points by saturday 3rd december 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

Hmm, seeing how Uveron just seems to have done the exacxt thing I was asking about, I'll just suppose that it is possible to vow the same model in both events, so let's get this show on the road and see where it leads:

I, KrautScientist, vow on the honour of Khorne's Eternal Hunt to fully paint an Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, armed with a power fist from Codex: Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 90 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

And here's the before picture of my Iron Warriors Chaos Lord, counts-as Apothecary:

Oh, and I don't know whether or not I need to announce it at this point, but this is going to be a trophied model, of course

Wish me luck!

Awesome vows guys smile.png (I can see that some are gunning for the achievement badges too msn-wink.gif ) I'll try and find some time to update the list of participants and vows this evening

ATTENTION! For those that have expressed an interest in the project, don't forget to make your first vow within the next two days!

When you make your vows, don't forget to include your point values and "before" pictures smile.png

Also, remember that the Call of Chaos is starting today, and that the Gilgamesh Campaign is always happy to have new participants smile.png

I Teetengee, vow to paint the following units:
1 Iron Warriors Chosen, now among the higher echelons of the Tide of Blood Warband. 50 points
1 unit of 10 Bloodletters, with Banner and Instrument, and with Bloodreaper (with Axe of Khorne and Lesser Reward) 155 points OOC

for a total of 50 points by Saturday December 3, 2016. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brother's in arms.

pics will come this weekend, although the bloodletters will likely be a picture of some sprues.

EDIT: Pics:
http://imgur.com/1BHMjrf.jpg
http://imgur.com/sRu0Wkm.jpg

http://imgur.com/PqAu7fc.jpgAnd bloodletters tongue.png

http://imgur.com/TrLl3Bb.jpg

I, conscriptboris, vow on the honour of Iron Warriors to fully paint at least Primarch Perturabo from Age of Darkness with a total points value of 455pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

I know it's past cut off, but as per guidelines, my points won't count?

I, conscriptboris, vow on the honour of Iron Warriors to fully paint at least Primarch Perturabo from Age of Darkness with a total points value of 455pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

You're not past the cut-off so far as I can tell. You should be fine. :)

IRON WITHOUT!

You're not past the cut-off so far as I can tell. You should be fine. smile.png

Yeah, you're still okay. The Lord of Iron will stand tall and proud, I'm sure :)

IRON WITHOUT
Member Vow 1 Vow 2 Vow 3 Vow 4 Vow 5 Vow 6 Vow 7 Total Vowed Total Completed
Beachymike123 662 [/td] 662 0
BolterTama 335 335 0
Brightstar 550 550 0
Brother Kortmer 50 C 50 50
Captain Titus 515 515 0
Celtic_cauldron 450 C 450 450
conscriptboris 455 455 0
Dantioch 150 150 0
Eldrick Shadowblade 125 125 0
gaurdian31 127 127 0
Insane Psychopath 580 C 145 725 0
Iron Skull Mask 321 321 0
Kierdale 50 50 0
KrautScientist 90 90 0
Larkyn 412 412 0
lokkorex 315 315 0
Lord Commander Eidolon 40 40 0
Lord Thørn 382 382 0
MindOfMetal 320 320 0
Nemac Vradon 105 105 0
Ninjaman 712 C 712 712
Scourged 55 C 55 55
Teetengee 50 50 0
undeadsoldier 1040 1040 0
Uveron 210 210 0
Wayniac 137 C 137 137

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, vow on the dishonor of Lord Kraven's Oathbroken to fully paint the following unit: A Warpsmith with Combat Familiar from the Chaos Space Marine Codex with a total points value of 125 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/IMG_0014_zpspikh3yhf.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/Mobile%20Uploads/0848E637-1402-4924-BC33-6CC705821C53_zpsujdjxjqz.jpg

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, vow on the dishonor of Lord Kraven's Oathbroken to fully paint the following unit: A Warpsmith with Combat Familiar from the Chaos Space Marine Codex with a total points value of 125 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Ever more recruits for the Lord of Iron smile.png Iron Without brother, Iron Without!

Updated to this point I believe. If I've missed your post in the table, give me a shout out smile.png

Also:

Remember that the first vow deadline is at 18:00 GMT - which is to say in around 4 hours. Get your first pledge in before msn-wink.gif

I, NovaScotius, vow on the honour of the IVth Legion to fully paint at least a unit of 10 Tyrant Siege Terminators from the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Legions book with a total points value of 545 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one 'start' picture and a final 'vow completed' picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/NovaScotius/Tyrants%20Starting%20Picture_zpsjnp42c9l.jpg

I, Morovir, vow on the honour of the 15th Grand Battalion of the IVth Legion to fully paint at least 1 Chaos Space Marine from Codex: Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 50 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Iron Warrior Before

Start photo:

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/image_zpsnhsbpd5k.jpeg

I would have liked to vow three castellax instead of just two, but sadly the third one lacks a defiler face-mask, and it appears they are sold out on every bitz site i've visited. :(

@Lord Thorn. Thanks for hosting a terrific competition. I've always flirted with the idea of iron warriors since second edition. I'll finally have a chance to paint one up!

Well I should be thanking you all for your participation :) After all, a painting contest on one's own isn't very fun ;)

So thank you everyone :)

Start photo:

I would have liked to vow three castellax instead of just two, but sadly the third one lacks a defiler face-mask, and it appears they are sold out on every bitz site i've visited. sad.png

Wow, those look awesome with the defiler face masks!

@ Lord Thorn: Would it be possible for you to registre the out-of-competition vows made by myself and a couple of ther frater?

@lokkorex: If you're still looking for the face mask, I think I still have one somewhere. PM me. smile.png

Yeah, now that my macro is pretty much up and running I'll be able to do that more easily :) However, there haven't been all that many - but yes, I'll do that soon.

Archived