+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Wow, awesome completion and revow undeadsoldier :D I really like your plasma-reactor effect for the Xiphon!

Have you counted the Trophy bonus for your first vow? I can imagine that it'll be worth a fair few points :) Remember that it has to be 50% of the unit or more.

IRON WITHOUT
Member Vow 1 Vow 2 Vow 3 Vow 4 Vow 5 Vow 6 Vow 7 Total Vowed Total Completed
Beachymike123 662 [/td] 662 0
BolterTama 335 335 0
Brightstar 550 550 0
Brother Kortmer 50 C 50 50
Captain Titus 515 515 0
Celtic_cauldron 450 C 450 450
conscriptboris 455 455 0
Dantioch 150 150 0
Eldrick Shadowblade 125 125 0
gaurdian31 127 127 0
Insane Psychopath 580 C 145 725 0
Iron Skull Mask 321 321 0
Kierdale 50 50 0
KrautScientist 90 90 0
Larkyn 412 412 0
lokkorex 315 315 0
Lord Commander Eidolon 40 40 0
Lord Thørn 382 382 0
MindOfMetal 320 320 0
Morovir 50 50 0
Nemac Vradon 105 105 0
Ninjaman 712 C 712 712
Nova Scottius 545 545 0
Scourged 55 C 55 55
Teetengee 50 50 0
undeadsoldier 1040 C 1210 2250 0
Uveron 210 210 0
Wayniac 137 C 137 137

Out Of Competition
Member Vow 1 Vow 2 Vow 3 Vow 4 Vow 5 Vow 6 Vow 7 Total Vowed Total Completed
Augustus b’Raass 410 410 0
The Psycho 0 0
Teentengee 155 155 0
Insane Psychopath 430 430 0

@The Psycho: I haven't got the point value for your out of competition vow?

EDIT:
There are now 28 participants in competition, and there are 4 out of competition vows for the moment (please note that you may make an out of competition vow at any moment, so even those that missed the first vow deadline can join in on the fun smile.png )

In competition, there have been 10188 points vowed for the moment, and 1404 of those are currently safe (ie, completed with no revows after). Therefore, there is an average total vow value of 363,86 points per person (total number of points pledged / number of in competition participants), and we have a 13.78% completion rate (safe points / total vowed)

On the out of competition side of things, there have been 995 points vowed, (excluding The Psycho's points value as I haven't found it), with none completed yet.

It seems therefore that we are well behind the fists both on total vowed and on total completed - but when have insurmountable odds ever daunted the Iron Warriors? Let's show them the true meaning of bravery and tenacity!

IRON WITHIN!

Is that necessary, since it is out of competition after all? I also haven't picked up the model I need for it, and haven't quite settled on a loadout yet, but I can try to settle on a loadout tonight.

Well, it's not urgent or anything, but I think it would be nice to keep track of - I think it can be motivating for some, and it can show us where we stand when compared to the Imperial Fists' OOC, or to imagine how much the points would be worth when compared to the ETL and such :)

Also, here's some WIP from me:

gallery_77459_11459_53148.jpg

gallery_77459_11459_28745.jpg

Copper's mostly done, I've also got some base coating for the chevrons/hazard stripes done. Next step's washes, then chevrons and detailed work.

Note to self: keep the weathering salt on until the rest of the base coating is done, I think the Leadbelcher spray gives a solid enough coat that the salt grains won't shove off as soon as you pass the brush over them. I'm still rather pleased with the overall effect.

I might have to thin down the purple line on the rapier too, but I'll see how it looks with the chevrons.

I also hope that my decals and brass etch will arrive soon, I'd love to include them to these model :) for future models, do you think that laying a decal over the salt-weathering technique could work? (ie, have a grain of salt or two under the decal, then remove the salt?) It could look rather ace, especially for larger decals, but I'm afraid that it would end up just ripping the decal

So built my Warsmith: Dhur Gulak, of Shatter Company, 41st Grand Battalion.

Warsmith: 165 points. Cataphractii Terminator armor, thunder hammer, grenade harness.

More pictures here.

Cool, I really like your version of the grenade harness: it makes me think of the combi-grenade launcher/power fist that the new eclusive terminator captain has.

Is that necessary, since it is out of competition after all? I also haven't picked up the model I need for it, and haven't quite settled on a loadout yet, but I can try to settle on a loadout tonight.

Of course! Right now, the Iron Warriors are slightly behind the Imperial Fists in terms of points - the OOC points will perhaps top them, so in spirit we're still beating them ;)

I don't remember what the bonus is but I have fifty percent on the tacticals so I'll have to do some maths. It definitely didn't help me in my 30k escalation league when I lost to the fists!

I don't remember what the bonus is but I have fifty percent on the tacticals so I'll have to do some maths. It definitely didn't help me in my 30k escalation league when I lost to the fists!

The bonus is 10% more points on the unit (rounded down) - if a unit is normally worth 123 points but has enough trophies, then for the contest it will be worth 135 points :)

I forget, a vow can be multiple units but doesn't have to be right?  So I could like vow a single unit for Vow #2, then when that's completed vow another unit for Vow #3, etc.?

That is indeed correct. Keep in mind though that there is a maximum of 7 vows, and each vow is a maximum of 4 units (with no points limit)

It also isn't possible anymore to vow a "colour scheme tester", as that option is only open for the first vow :)

I forget, a vow can be multiple units but doesn't have to be right? So I could like vow a single unit for Vow #2, then when that's completed vow another unit for Vow #3, etc.?

That is indeed correct. Keep in mind though that there is a maximum of 7 vows, and each vow is a maximum of 4 units (with no points limit)

It also isn't possible anymore to vow a "colour scheme tester", as that option is only open for the first vow smile.png

Oh no I bought some stuff yesterday and am assembling it, just think I might split them into different vows (maybe combine some).

I forget, a vow can be multiple units but doesn't have to be right? So I could like vow a single unit for Vow #2, then when that's completed vow another unit for Vow #3, etc.?

It also isn't possible anymore to vow a "colour scheme tester", as that option is only open for the first vow smile.png

Oh no I bought some stuff yesterday and am assembling it, just think I might split them into different vows (maybe combine some).

Well I'll leave it to your better judgement :) Splitting it into different vows can still be a good idea, especially if you aren't sure of finishing it all on time

Sorry I missed the deadline guys, Ive been really Ill this week, todays been the first day I havnt wished someone would put me out of misery.

Should have offered more praises to Nurgle ;)

Seriously hope you feel better!

VOW #2

I, Wayniac, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors to fully paint at least one 5-man Chaos Space Marine squad with bolters and a Plasma Gun worth 90 points and 1x Helbrute with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Thunder Hammer worth 130 points,  a total points value of 220 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

http://i.imgur.com/eml6ufPl.jpg

I guess 6k of Nurgle stuff for the ETL wasnt enough for the Lord of Decay. Should have gone for the holy number of 7k :lol:

Ill still do a cheeky out of competition vow, still got a few doodads to add to my Iron Warriors. Just noticed the Calls started as well!!! D: *sobs quietly under the bed* I seriously need to get to GW to replace the paints I used up for the ETL, thats gonna cost a small fortune *sobs louder, grabs teddy bear for comfort*

Cross-posted from my thread.

So progress: got some of the basecoats down. Not much, and not all of them obviously, but I'm happy with how he's taking shape. My classes start tomorrow morning, though, and so I'm certain that'll affect progress a little bit. Hopefully not too much, but a little bit.

med_gallery_78067_12433_499059.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Archived