+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

I've been out of the game for a while; been a hectic/frustrating summer. I missed the official entry date, but since this is the glorious IV Legion's party I want to at least put in an out-of-competition vow.

I originally intended to paint three Iron Warriors Predator tanks OOC during the ETL to show support for my fellow Warsmiths, but life happened so they never got painted. Therefore I, Warsmith Aznable, representing the mighty 49th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors Legion, will carry forward that intention and paint those three Predators and present them to my fellow Warsmiths here in the Iron Without competition.

Pictures to follow later tonight.

Hello guys, I've been having to wrap up my internship and get ready to move back home. And obviously, as you can imagine, I was really late, so it's been a bit hectic happy.png

Fear not though - soon I'll be able to get back here a bit more often - hopefully to show more progress on my guys ;) Expect an update in the next few days :)

"Before" picture as promised:

gallery_53134_11370_99910.jpg

I still have some building to do. I need to order some more magnets, because I did not know I was completely out of the size I use for interchangeable vehicle parts. Each Predator will have magnetised sponsons with optional doors. The top deck plates aren't glued in so these can stand in as Rhinos if they need to. There will be some more stuff adorning the hulls too. I'm not going full spikey bits, but I do want to add stuff like pioneer tools and extra track links and whatnot. You know, practical stuff.

New update: as always, if I've missed a vow or posted the wrong link or points value, please let me know, here or in PM smile.png

I've noticed that Xin Ceithan and Warsmith Aznable have yet to post the points values for their vows, and Insane Psychopath hasn't given us the points for the (awesome) Daemon Prince conversion - as they are out of competition vows it is less important, but it's always good to have a better idea - especially if you consider this a warm up to next years ETL or similar event msn-wink.gif Plus, having a point value is a nice way of keeping track of your progress tongue.png

IRON WITHOUT
Member Vow 1 Vow 2 Vow 3 Vow 4 Vow 5 Vow 6 Vow 7 Total Vowed Total Completed
Beachymike123 662 [/td] 662 0
BolterTama 335 335 0
Brightstar 550 550 0
Brother Kortmer 50 C 50 50
Captain Titus 515 515 0
Celtic_cauldron 450 C 432 882 0
conscriptboris 455 455 0
Dantioch 150 150 0
Eldrick Shadowblade 125 125 0
gaurdian31 139 C 139 139
Insane Psychopath 580 C 145 725 0
Iron Skull Mask 321 321 0
Kierdale 50 50 0
KrautScientist 90 90 0
Larkyn 412 412 0
lokkorex 315 315 0
Lord Commander Eidolon 40 40 0
Lord Thørn 382 382 0
MindOfMetal 320 320 0
Morovir 50 50 0
Nemac Vradon 105 105 0
Ninjaman 712 C 712 712
Nova Scottius 545 545 0
Scourged 55 C 55 55
Teetengee 50 50 0
undeadsoldier 1040 C 1210 2250 0
Uveron 210 210 0
Wayniac 137 C 220 357 0

Out Of Competition
Member Vow 1 Vow 2 Vow 3 Vow 4 Vow 5 Vow 6 Vow 7 Total Vowed Total Completed
Augustus b’Raass 410 410 0
The Psycho 165 C 165 165
Teentengee 155 155 0
Insane Psychopath 430 C 110 540 0
Xin Ceithan 0 0
Warsmith Aznable 0

That all means 956 "Safe" points completed out of a total of 10,852 points (ie 8.81% completion rate). The lower number of safe points than previously is due to a good number of (sometimes significant) revows - which is encouraging, as it shows a good degree of commitment smile.png

However, revows, completions, WIP shots have all slowed down in the past few weeks. I understand that even in the ETL there is a period after the first vow doors are closed where things go on a bit of a backburner, so I'm not too worried. However, if we don't want to lag too far behind the Fists, we should probably try to pick the pace back up a bit smile.png I have some better ideas as to how to create the Achievement badges, so they might help spark a bit more activity soon msn-wink.gif

Just a wee bit of shrapnell showing my progress...basic metals are done and I`ve way too much fun desecrating those trophy helmets. Still a lot of details and highlihjts to go (lenses in particular) and fitting doesn´t go as well as I liked - I had forgotten how unflexible those darn trophy racks are! The colours turned out much darker in the photograph, will have to see about that in my next pics.

gallery_66914_10128_541608.jpg

@Psycho: You posted the finished model, but you mentioned that you wanted to do some more to the base :)

@Xin Ceithan: Looking good already, but it is pretty dark as you say. A quick silver highlight might do some good (though don't forget to keep some contrast) a brighter yellow for the hazard stripes could be cool too :P

Hello again :)

I've created a mock-up of the possible designs for the achievement badges. I was thinking about giving them a kind of engraved steel or gold effect, what would you think? Also, what do you think of the current designs? If you have any C&C to give, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts (in PM might be better).

@Psycho: You posted the finished model, but you mentioned that you wanted to do some more to the base smile.png

Ah yes, of course.

In any event, with my mad copy and paste skillz:

IV-41BTN-CO/SHATTER

sml_gallery_78067_12433_186503.png

med_gallery_78067_11287_74371.jpeg

"To the last: I grapple with thee.

From hell's heart: I stab at thee.

For hate's sake: I spit my last breath at thee."

-- Verse found carved into the breastplate of a fallen VII Legion soldier (VII-284BTN.)

:::inload recieved:::

:::source - ENCRYPTED <vermillion-Θ-3>:::

:::processing:::

:::inload begins:::

gallery_78067_12433_38936.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_42259.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_465432.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_93797.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_224335.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_618278.jpg

[pict-capture SK/15-722-10: Warsmith Dhur Gulak, the Goliath, Shatter Company, 41st Grand Battalion, Iron Warriors Legion.]

:::inload ends:::

Also, I like the icons. I think a steel color might be better that the bright yellow, but I'm not entirely certain. Good work on these, though.

Still working on it: the two Vindicators are primed. I should be able to add the initial picture this weekend. The Dreadnought is still a multipart kit but it will be added simultaneously (much easier to prepare it).

The badges look great!

Celtic_Cauldron

New update: as always, if I've missed a vow or posted the wrong link or points value, please let me know, here or in PM smile.png

I've noticed that Xin Ceithan and Warsmith Aznable have yet to post the points values for their vows, and Insane Psychopath hasn't given us the points for the (awesome) Daemon Prince conversion - as they are out of competition vows it is less important, but it's always good to have a better idea - especially if you consider this a warm up to next years ETL or similar event msn-wink.gif Plus, having a point value is a nice way of keeping track of your progress tongue.png

Sorry there, just notice & as you said not put the point in for my Daemon Prince. It been really chaotic due to work been done to the home & having to put everything - models, DVD, CD's, etc... all had to be boxed & in storage. Also mean I've had limited Internet time during last week.

Pretty much he a Daemon Prince with Power Armour & Mark of Khorne.

Just quickly ask - I notice the Warpsmith in the out of competition with the Daemon Prince (no point yet). Is this just due to no point Daemon Prince? I'll get that sorted as soon as I'm on the lap top :D

Also just say the Vindicator complete for vow two/missed out on the list.

Just wanted to check on this more than anything else.

I complete my first Vow biggrin.png

Oh wow, that Lord is awesome! The Marines are really cool too (especially like the brass-coloured Iron Warrior mask, quite a unique look) but that Juggerlord is a thing of beauty :) The Maulerfiend head is an interesting choice too :)

Sorry there, just notice & as you said not put the point in for my Daemon Prince. It been really chaotic due to work been done to the home & having to put everything - models, DVD, CD's, etc... all had to be boxed & in storage. Also mean I've had limited Internet time during last week.

Pretty much he a Daemon Prince with Power Armour & Mark of Khorne.

Just quickly ask - I notice the Warpsmith in the out of competition with the Daemon Prince (no point yet). Is this just due to no point Daemon Prince? I'll get that sorted as soon as I'm on the lap top biggrin.png

Also just say the Vindicator complete for vow two/missed out on the list.

Just wanted to check on this more than anything else.

Just wanted to check up on this again? I've also finial added in the point for the Daemon Prince (as said had Power Armour & Mark of Khorne) which is 180, sorry for the delay on that, as said personal live been chaotic & last week seen work to my home meaning I had to have everything in storage & stay in a hotel.

Also as said the Vindicator is complete.

No worries guys - I'm in the process of finishing my internship, so I have a month to finish my report and get a presentation ready (not much time in other words) so everything's also a bit hectic.

Also, I realised to model stuff to represent the additional munitions for the rapier and some other wargear, but I'll post up some "WIP" shots when I get home tomorrow (read "Soon TM")

Excellent work all around, guys! And I am happy to see I have finally managed to finish my own vow:

Here's Apothecary Phastos (a counts-as Chaos Lord w/ power first):

apothecary-phastos-of-the-iron-warriors-

Now I pledged this guy as a trophied model, which is why I have included a fallen Imperial Fist on his base, which I assume counts as a trophy ;)

So that's another 99 pts. to the Iron Warriors, then -- YAY! ;)

As usual, more pictures can be found here in my ongoing WIP thread.

A rare Iron Warriors noise marine, brother Marshall was seduced by the deafening crescendos of war. Within the burst of bombs and the crack of artillery he could hear the drum beat of the galaxy. The very music of the spheres. This was the essence of life, and to become a maestro of that beat was to control life and death itself.

med_gallery_63428_7083_854457.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_347863.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_541310.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_1015041.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_588879.jpeg

It was a pleasure and a nice break to paint my first ever IW. Painting metallics is easier than pastels, but I think I'll go back to my pastels now :)

Archived