+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

+++AGE OF DARKNESS – LOYALIST OUTPOST+++

gallery_48988_15465_140640.png

Welcome to the Age of Darkness – Loyalist (AoD-L) Outpost. AoD-L belongs to the “Age of Darkness” Faction (AoD). Here is the home for those Horus Heresy fans of a Loyalist inclination.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

You can vow any Units from all official Black and Red books – provided the points are taken from the latest version.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE COLOURS OR LOYALTY AND TREACHERY
The only limitation is that participants of the AoD-L Outpost cannot choose units explicitly labelled “Traitor”. Other than that, there is no restriction. You can paint whatever Legion or other HH sub-faction you like provided you respect the condition above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: TITANS ARE TITANS
It is a fact that the AoD Faction will suffer from a discount in points vs. 40k for similar units. This is not viewed as an overwhelming handicap in general, but we believe it is especially unfair for Titans. As such, for Titans and Titans only, the AoD faction will be using the 40k points, i.e.

• Warhound: 2,000pts
  • Reaver: 4,000pts
  • Warbringer Nemesis: 5,000pts
  • Warlord: 6,000pts

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that if there is an update of any Red book or a new Black book that revises pre-existing units during the life of the event, then all vows made AFTER the release of the updated book must be “priced” according to the newest book. Also, any official PDF releases relevant to Horus Heresy are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released.

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VII rules. You can find the link below:

THE RULES OF ETL VII CAN BE FOUND HERE

Also, please take the time to go through the Spirit of the ETL to give you an insight of the “unwritten” rules. You can find the link below:

THE SPIRIT OF THE ETL

+++DEATH TO THE TRAITORS!+++

The Omnissiah willing I will vow for the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness.

That said, and for the avoidance of doubt, this is my intention only as I cannot make any vows or commitments until I have been able to sort out some real world issues. If some of them go askew I will have to either vow on the Traitor side (on account of count as Ruinstorm Daemons being the backup plan) or in another forum entirely (the second back up plan).

Good luck to all you fellow Age of Darkness devotes, whether Loyal or Traitor, and I hope to join you all here by the end of this month.

Behold, this foolish vow of things that I absolutely must have finished by the end of August in order to take them to a tournament which I've already paid for.

I StruManChu rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalists in the Age of Darkness and vow to complete -

+ HQ +

Chaplain [140pts]:
Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field, Power Axe

Vigilator [145pts]:
Artificer Armour, Bolter, Legatine Axe, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [65pts]
. Apothecary, Legion:
Augury Scanner & Jump Pack

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [230pts]:
10 x Veteran Space Marines with Bolters, Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Melta Bombs
- Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [230pts]:
- Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [215pts]:
- Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon: Plasma gun

Destroyer Squad, Legion [470pts]:
10 x Destroyers with Jump Packs, Melta Bombs, 2 x Missile Launchers with Rad Missiles & Psyk-out Missiles
- Destroyer Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Thunder Hammer, 3 x Phosphex Bombs

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [75pts]
. Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-melta, Twin-linked Lascannon

Outrider Squad, Legion [225pts]:
3 x Space Marine Outriders Twin-linked Plasma guns
. Melta Bombs
. 1 x Power Sword
1 Outrider Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [275pts]:
Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite, Single twin-linked Hellfire Plasma Cannonade, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Missile Launcher [175pts]:
5 x Legion Space Marines with Missile Launchers
. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Volkite Culverin [200pts]:
5 x Legion Space Marines with Volkite Culverins
. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner

... with a total value of 2,445 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

This is by far the biggest vow I've made for any ETL, but I have a plan, and I have a failsafes in place if Plan A doesn't work out. I'm confident of getting this done. For the Emperor, my Frater!

Edit - Forgot the Destroyers! :biggrin.:

Edited by StruManChu

Holy smoke, Stru, that's a big vow!!! Sure hope that plan of yours works. Good luck, brother!

I had to adjust my first vow and replace the Glaive. I screwed up and primed the body and turret neutral yellow and the metallic bits black. I was running on autopilot that day. Now I've got to send a pic to Captain Semper to see if I can use it. I hate to loose it, but Stynylrez primer is a bear to strip and I don't want to loose detail by repriming yellow. I also had to loose the two Leman Russes I had prepped for the same reason. That's no big deal as I had a couple more that I could build.

And now for the important part....

I, Semper Fortis , rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness - Loyalists and vow to complete:

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with multimelta/spotlight x2 (80 pts.)

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with lascannon x2 (90 pts.)

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with Hyperios missle launchers x2 (110 pts.)

Solar Auxilia Leman Russ Assault Squad: 2 Demolishers with lascannon (410 pts.)

of total value 690 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

gallery_86689_11936_151289.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_651373.jpg

Edited by Semper Fortis

This year, I think I shall be pledging my hand to the Loyalists. I've got a single unit of my Alpha Legion to finish, and then I'm working on Blood Angels, so here we go.

I, Aias, Master of the 597th Explorator Fleet, do rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX in the name of the Emperor. I vow to complete a Breacher Squad, consisting of 20 men with four Meltaguns, a sergeant with Artificer Armor, Meltabombs and Breacher Charges, and Power Fist of total value 450 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. May the Emperor smile upon me to complete this rapidly.

And as proof of unpainted-ness:

Breachers Before

And here comes lionofjudah with a Warhound! Yes mate!

I hope you take your time with it, up to the full three months if necessary. A bit of kit like that deserves special attention!

Speaking of taking time...

This past weekend was NOT the weekend to try and undercoat stuff. We've got a five month old girl, and I get very little airbrush time with the little one in the house because we don't have a big place and neither the Mrs or I want her getting particulate or anything in her lungs, as that would be bad. However, it was grossly humid in my part of Scotland these last few days, so I only really had the chance to rattlecan some Macragge Blue on my infantry before the air quality got too wet and started making it a bit ropey, so I stopped. Had about half an hour to myself yesterday, so I put some primer on the Deredeo, but that's as far as I got with having to set the booth up and get everything sorted.

gallery_67188_8872_337204.jpg

^ Everything that's starting off with a Macragge Blue prime lives in this handy box. I'd rather spend the time bringing them up from a black prime, but I've got a time restriction and I can make them look good regardless.

gallery_67188_8872_32127.jpg

^ 1 x Burnt Dorito. This is going to hopefully turn into a bit of a centrepiece model in ZM, so he's going to get airbrushed properly. When there's time.

gallery_67188_8872_68929.jpg

^ Blurry Destroyers. Probably all the rads distorting the image. Hopefully I'll get a chance to prime at least a few of these tonight.

More WIPs are on their way as and when I can.

The 52nd answer the call!

I, Phatsquirre1, rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux, and swear myself to the Emperor and the Throne on the side of the AoD-L. I vow to complete the following units, on or before September 1st, 2019:

1x Legion Praetor, Warsmith, with Artificer armor, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, and Digital Lasers. (195)

1x Legion Veteran Squad (5 Veterans) with bolters, Sergeant with Artificer Armor and Power Sword (120)

1x Legion Veteran Squad (5 Veterans) with bolt pistols and combat blades, Sergeant with Artificer Armor and Power Sword (120)

1x Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (295)

1x Leviathan Siege Dreadnought, with Cyclonic Melta Lance, Siege Drill, Heavy Flamers, and Phosphex Discharger. (310)

X6sDdSC.jpg?1

for a total of 1,040 points. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oath-breaker until the year end. 

That's the way to get this rollin'!! Lionofjudah, man, can't wait to see that Warhound! Aias and Phatsquirre1, those are solid vows. And Stru is already posting wip pics. Guess I better get it in gear.

Edited because I just noticed autocorrect "corrected" Aias' name. Stupid autocorrect :lol:

Edited by Semper Fortis

Great work guys, some really solid vows. Really excited to see what standard the loyalists bring to the fold.

As I promised I'm going to chip in with my first vow.

https://i.imgur.com/AJuOiXv.jpg

I, WITCHKING, Senechal of the 17th Order, do rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX in the name of the Emperor. I vow to complete a Tactical Squad, consisting of 10 men , a Librarian with Phychic mastery level 1 with force weapon, A Sicaran with Lascannon sponsons, a Leviathan armed with Grav bombard and seige claw and chooooom, phosphex and ceramite, a 5 man squad of Tactical support marines with Volkite Calivers, and a 5 man heavy support squad armed with autocannons of total value 1035 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. FOR THE LION.

I, Viridia, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness Loyalists and vow to complete one unit of 5x Terminators, with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields, and one Legion Stormblade with 1x set of sponsons, of total value 805 points before sunrise of the first day of September, 2019. Success will bring the Primarch-Progenitor eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as my gene-father until the year-end!

etl_vii_first_vow_by_lpjgpr_dd8kdgd-full

Much like the Traitors, the Loyalists are rallying! AND WITH A TITAN NO LESS!

Good luck to all, you are really close to the Traitors atm - albeit a bit behind. But the way you guys are vowing, I figure the difference can be covered with just one participant... :laugh.:

Also:

DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO WRITE THE HISTORY OF ETL VII?

JOIN THE MARK OF LIBER!

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Prolly time to make a vow. Just need to figure out what I'm gonna count my robots as -- thinking Contemptor Corti with meltas and combibolters? I've got four of those updated Colossus class sculpts and they're pretty much too small to be anything else, although I s'ppose they'd work for Castellax as well. Actually, yeah. Castellax will probably be what I go with. Just gotta turn to the books and see what's what with everything when I get back from work tonight...

...I regret to inform you that the Stormblade met a terrible fate on the floor of my garage. Many eldritch rituals are taking place to allow its revival!

That's not good. Prayers and supplications to the Machine God for your stricken behemoth.

I, Soldier of Dorn, being of unsound mind and body, do hereby vow the following to the glory of the Loyalist Strategium.

For the Imperial Fists:

Terminator Praetor with volkite charger, chainfist, grenade harness @ 167 points

5 Veteran Tacticals with heavy bolter (represented by a rotor cannon) @ 120 points

2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts with heavy conversion beamer @ 210 points/ea

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought with siege claw @ 275 points

For the Blood Angels:

Praetor with paragon blade, iron halo @ 150 points

For... something of the Mechanicum:

4 Castellax with multi melta, siege wrecker @ 105 125 points/ea (apparently I can't do math)

For a total of 1387 1422 1632 (god I'm just getting worse) points. May failure see me damned.

gallery_78067_12186_1059226.png

3 of the robots are still bagged, one of the dreadnoughts is still bagged. BA Praetor is currently being stripped, will post when that's done. Ignore the one painted Fist, he's just... there.

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

...I regret to inform you that the Stormblade met a terrible fate on the floor of my garage. Many eldritch rituals are taking place to allow its revival!

Oh man, I feel your pain. I dropped the same WW Scorpius twice during a challenge... and that was just a Rhino chassis, not a Baneblade. Prayers are in route to the Machine God, the Emperor, and whichever saint is in charge of busted Lords of War. I have spare superglue if you need some. :)

Well, with Soldier of Dorn on board both AoD Factions have 8 participants and the Loyalists are some 100pts ahead! That's what I call evenly matched!

Good luck Soldier of Dorn!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!