+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

+++ETL III – BLOOD ANGELS STRATEGIUM+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_02.jpg

Sons of the Angel,

You have allowed the fanatics of Sigismund and your dark green brethren to capture this most prestigious of titles. But the time has come to reclaim your status as a painting super power in the sacred halls of B&C! So rise Angels of Blood and show that your true status, like when defending the Imperial Palace, is none other than:

PRIMUS INTER PARES!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to ETL III and the Blood Angels Strategium! Here is the home for those who want to participate in the ETL putting their weight behind the Codex: Blood Angels!

The rules of ETL III can be found below:

E TENEBRAE LUX III RULES

So what purpose does the Strategium serve? Well, its official function includes the following:

• Post vows & declare completions. This is very important as placing the vows elsewhere will create unnecessary confusion and lead to mistakes. Also if you do not report the completion here, I will not update your status.
  • Participation tables. Here I will be updating the rosters of participation so make sure you see your name listed and that your status is correct - and if not, notify me.
  • Post your pictures. Remember, we need two – one “before” and one “after” but feel free to post as many WIP pictures as you like!
  • Weekly updates. This is where I’ll be posting every week an update of the event in general so the frater can keep track of what is going on in the wider picture.

You are also welcome to use this thread to encourage each other, devise strategies, discuss the developments of the ETL and of course ask questions. For the latter you can also PM me.

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

So with no further ado, let’s begin!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_02.jpg

BLOOD ANGELS - LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

The list is alphabetical.

A D-B | Vow 1 [145] 

A Son of Sanguinius | Vow 1 (250) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (300)

Brother Dallo | Vow 1 (250) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (265) COMPLETE

bushman101 | Vow 1 (721) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (260) COMPLETE

ChapelXIII | Vow 1 (370) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (585) COMPLETE

chaplain_blackord | Vow 1 [470]

Corvus Danseur | Vow 1 (650) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (150) COMPLETE

Cronhour | Vow 1 [1,155]

dark_angel_345 | Vow 1 (175) COMPLETE | Vow 2 [495]

Demoulious | Vow 1 [340]

emperors immortals | Vow 1 [155]

GAZ_AV_NZ | Vow 1 (4,545)

gogmagog | Vow 1 [tbc]

Gondow | Vow 1 (981) COMPLETE

GrunTeufel | Vow 1 (770) COMPLETE

jamesI | Vow 1 (375) COMPLETE

John Rainbow | Vow 1 (1,035) COMPLETE

Jolemai | Vow 1 (235) COMPLETE

Leonaidas | Vow 1 [tbc]

Mandaloriano | Vow 1 (600) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (495) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (875) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (280) COMPLETE

marine7312000 | Vow 1 (675) COMPLETE

mozley | Vow 1 (720) COMPLETE

Njjesters4 | Vow 1 [755]

Phadeout | Vow 1 (530) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (230) COMPLETE

Player not found | Vow 1 (tbc)

Psychodough | Vow 1 (145) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (90) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (230) COMPLETE

RenderDead | Vow 1 [225]

sockwithaticket | Vow 1 (530) COMPLETE

SonOfCratecia | Vow 1 [1,580]

tabgoi | Vow 1 (3,926) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (465) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (450) COMPLETE 

Taranis Vow 1 (305) COMPLETE

Templar 1 | Vow 1 [2,215] COMPLETE | Vow 2 (385) COMPLETE

terminatorAM | Vow 1 [125]

The Harrower | Vow 1 (266)

The Red Thirst | Vow 1 (245) COMPLETE

Voxxel | Vow 1 (235) COMPLETE

xmercx | Vow 1 (590) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (135) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (170) COMPLETE

Out-of-competition

knife&fork | Vow 1 (735)

Shaezus | Vow 1 (595) COMPLETE

FIRST!

As a repainting of my entire force is going on, I will begin modestly.

I Chaplain Blackord shall vow to paint and complete 20 assault marines by August 1st.
As my marines are not quite WYSIWYG, They shall count as the following:

2X 10 man squad with 3 plasma pistols

note: I have 25 in total, but 2.5 already painted. So to be fair, lets go with 20 and you will see more special weapons on them, but it wouldn't be fair/legal to vow them as such. Although they will be painted as such.

As they are from Codex Blood Angels, there value would be for 470 points.

Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Ninth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

EDIT: first ETL sweat.gif so I got inspired to edit based on Gondow's vow!

I Gondow answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Astorath, Scout squad 5+sergeant, Sniper rifles and Camocloaks, meltabomb and locator for sergant. Devestator squad (9+1) 4 Lascannons, Plas. Pist, meltabomb and powerweapon, and for them a Drop pod with Missile launcher. A StormRaven gunship with Bolter sponsons Lascannons and Missile launcher, from the Blood Angel Codex of total value 981 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Ninth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

ed. and pics now uploaded.

Since most of the painting I expect to do over the next few months is for my Thousand sons/Tzeentch Demons army and I have almost no unpainted Blood Angels units, of course my vow is for the Blood Angels.

I, JamesI, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 unit from Codex Imperial Knights of total value 375 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels Vermillion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I may end up adding to this, but I'm not really sure what else I even have for Blood Angels needing paint.

Let's do this than.

I, GrunTeufel, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Baal Predator with heavy bolter sponsons and 4 x 5 man assault marines (squad 1: sarge with powerfist, flamer. Squad 2: sarge with power weapon, melta gun. Squad 3: sarge with power axe, hand flamer, Squad 4: Sarge with a plasma pistol, inferno pistol) along with a 5 man combat squad (Sarge with a power fist) of total value 770 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I might expand my vow and add some other things along the way. We will see.

Time for redemption after I failed last year.

I, A Son of Sanguinius, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Mephiston, Lord of Death, of total value 250 points on or before August 1st.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year end.

Keeping the vows small this year, better to add small groups of points instead of the big zero I added last year.

I, Marine7312000, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a ten man tactical squad (sgt with combimelta and powerfist, plasma cannon and plasma gun), a ten man assault squad (sgt with power axe and plasma pistol, plasma gun and meltagun) and a BA Contemptor with Blood talons with heavy flamers and a magnagrapple of total value 675 points on or before August 1st.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year end. I forgot the contemptor in the original vow. I hope it was ok to it.

Alright, lets roll!

I'm setting a side goal for myself this year.  All my vows will be able to form up into a usable army by the time I'm done with all of them.  And to that end...

I Xmercx answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [1 Captain w/ Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield and Jump pack (175pts.) 1 Ten marine Tactical Squad w/ missile launcher and melta gun (175 pts.) and 1 Ten marine Assault Squad w/ two infernus pistols on sergeant and two meltaguns in the squad (240 pts.) ] for the Nova Angels  [successor Chapter of the Blood Angels ] of total value [590 pts] on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to [All the Sons of Sanguinius] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

pics as always will be in my W.i.P thread found here (pic up soonish): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256750-mercs-madness/page-5

edit: pre pic up finally >.< and fixed a typo (no models/points changed)

I Mandaloriano answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Reclusiarch (Jump pack and a bolt pistol), one squad of five honor guard (company champion, company standard, sanguinary novitiate, two power weapon, one hand flamer and jump packs), and one ten tactical marines squad (plasma gun, heavy bolter and a power fist), from the Blood Angel Codex of total value 600 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Angels Encarmine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I will upload my pics in my Angels Encarmine WIP thread: 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271584-angels-encarmine-wip/?do=findComment&comment=3309403

Great to see the Sons of Sanguinius stirring into action! Keep going guys - this is effectively the first day and you already managed to get almost 5k points out there! and almost 600 pts average vow! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I dark_angel_345 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: a librarian force axe bolt pistol - 100 and a techmarine with servo harness - 75

from the Blood Angel Codex of total value 175 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Angels sanguine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Starting small here guys, but its my first time doing this so yeah. :)

I RenderDead answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:  1 Stormraven Gunship (T.L. Lascannon / Typhoon Missile Launcer) from the Blood Angel codex a total value of 225pt.  Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Angels Sanguine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This is going great so far guys. At this stage (24hrs after kick-off) it's too early to make an meaningful conclusions but what is important is to keep the recruiting flowing in! It's not so much about the big vow at this stage, is about declaring your commitment.

So let's see more recruits in, veterans and newcomers alike: THE ANGEL NEEDS YOU!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I  sockwithaticket answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 10 Vanguard Veterans with jump packs, storm shields (x2), power weapons (x4), lightning claws (x2), a Thunder Hammer, a powerfist, Infernus pistols (x2) and a Glaive Encarmine (free on sergeant) from Codex: Blood Angels for a total of 530 points. Success will bring eternal glory to the Crimson Tears and other Sons of Sanguinius while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I bushman101 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to
complete:

Sanguinor

Captain (bike and power sword)

Captian

Razorback (tl lascannon, searchlight and dozer blade)

Assault Squad (5 man)

from Blood Angels of total value 721 points on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the
Badge of Shame until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290490-bushman101s-etl-vows/

Okay, never done this before so lets go big or go home.  Except I am already home, so this is more like a kick in the pants to try and get a bit more of my army repainted, starting with the big stuff since it will help the board most.  Pics shortly, took a group shot, working on resizing it to fit the board without blurring everything beyond recognition.  Also, we could use a lot more vows, a Raven Guard player vowed close as makes no difference 11k points.  I manage to get this stuff finished and I'l work on some DC or Dreads.

I Tabgoi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Mephiston, Lord of Death

RAS, 10 Assault marines, Storm Shield, Power Fist, Two Meltaguns

Sternguard Veteran Squad, Two Combi Meltas

Drop Pod

Librarian, Terminator Armor

Reclusiarch, Terminator Armor

Reclusiarch, Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol

Reclusiarch, Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol

Reclusiarch, Jump Pack, Power Fist\

Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack, Power Fist

Terminator Assault Squad, Three lightning Claws, Two StormShield/Thunder Hammer

Terminator Squad, Five Marines

Sanguinary Guard, Death masks

Captain, Jump Pack, Power Sword

Captain, Jump Pack, Power Sword, Power Fist

Captain, Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer

Captain, Jump Pack, Power Sword, Storm Shield

Captain, Jump Pack, Power Sword

Vindicator, Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missle, Searchlight, Seige Shield.

from Codex Blood Angels of total value 3551 and a Knight Paladin from Codex Imperial Knights worth 375 points for a Grand Total of 3926 on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to Blood Angels First Founding Chapter of the Ninth Legion Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Well I need a kick up the arse to finish some painting so here it goes.

Cronhour answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

4 Drop Pods with storm bolters one with legacy of glory Isstvan V dropsite massacre represented (20 points) (base coated yet some not assembled),

mephiston, (base coated)

10 deathcomany with one power sword and two power fists (base coated)

a Sicarian battle tank (early stages or painting base coat of tank and tracks started) with legacy of glory War of Murder represented on the model (20 points),

nine sternguard with 3 combi weapons and a meltagun (a couple base coated some still to assemble),

and brother corbulo (base coated)

from Blood Angels  & imperial armour volume 2 2nd edition of total value 1155 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I Son of Cretacia answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete.
10 Tact Marines(Squad Barick) missile launcher,flamer, sergeant w/ Plasma pistol-185pts
10 Tact Marines (squad Magdon)- Plasma gun, Missile Launcher, Sergeant w/ Combi melta and melta bombs-195 pts
10 assault Marines- w/ Infernus pistol, Sergeant w/ Storm Sheild and Power Fist-250 pts
8 Death Company- w/ jumpacks,1 thunder hammer,1 power sword-325pts
1Chaplin- w/ jumpack-125 pts
1 Baal Pred- w/ Twin Linked Assault cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, and storm bolter -155pts
1 Razorback w/ Twin Linked Lascannons-90 pts
1 Stormraven w/ Typhoon Missile Launcher,Twin Linked lascannons, Hurricane bolters-255pts

Total Points- 1,580

By August 1st or may my name be stricken from my chapter.

Yes, that's more like it! C'mon, the BAs were once a B&C painting superpower - time to prove you still are!

@ Son of Cretacia: Please calculate the total points of your vow and edit them in your original post. Then give me a heads up either here or via PM.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here are the pics for my vow:

I had originally only intended to do 8 as that's all I thought I had the parts for, hence why the final 2 are in a different photo (not that anyone really cares...). Will hopefully finish priming the grey bits over the weekend (if it ever stops bloody raining!)
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/27/606951_sm-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/27/606952_sm-.JPG

Archived