+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Blood Angels Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Blood Angels Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_02_BA.jpg

Angels of Blood,

E Tenebrae Lux is again upon you. Last year a handful of your Chapter made a stand – and a glorious stand it was! However it was not nearly enough... The Black Templars bested you and so did the Dark Angels, the Space Wolves and the hated Chaos abominations! Will reverse this now? Will you stand in your full force to turn the tide to your favor?

Last year the BAs managed a 19.9k pts between you, which secured the 5th position. Surely for a Chapter of your illustrious past you can do better in both counts. Draw upon your reserves and bring forward the mighty machines of war!!!

FOR THE BLOOD OF SANGUINIUS!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully veterans and new participants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Strategium” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

BLOOD ANGELS VOWS

A Son of Sanguinius | Vow 1 [1,455]

Alyssis | Vow 1 [3,070]

Baal Dropout | Vow 1 [391]

BAHERSH | Vow 1 [780]

Captin Spiros | Vow 1 [835]

BlackSky | Vow 1 [1,920]

Boomkapow | Vow 1 [245] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [100] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [275] COMPLETE

Brother Maikel | Vow 1 [715]

ChapelXIII | Vow 1 [770] 

Chaplain Admetus | Vow 1 [660]

Conrfyrdman | Vow 1 [670]
Deadpool1713 | Vow 1 [2,385]

Demoulius | Vow 1 [173] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [490]

exetus | Vow 1 [2,280]

Gogmagog | Vow 1 [610]

Gondow | Vow 1 [ 1,115] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [2,075]
Gydeon | Vow 1 [1,710]
j-smuv | Vow 1 [875]
Leonaides | Vow 1 [605]

Lord Sondar | Vow 1 [435]

MadGreek | Vow 1 [315]

Makkeru | Vow 1 [735]

Mandaloriano | Vow 1 [245] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [310]

moric | Vow 1 [450]

mozley | Vow 1 [445]

Phadeout | Vow 1 [700] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [380]

psycoticspacemarine | Vow 1 [470]

sockwithaticket | Vow 1 [320]

Soups | Vow 1 [1,025]
Squirrelloid | Vow 1 [360]
Taranis | Vow 1 [1,390] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [865]

Tatirokos | Vow 1 [770]

teblin | Vow 1 [1,330]

The4thHorseman | Vow 1 [145]

TheHarrower | Vow 1 [511]

tzenes | Vow 1 [483]
Wolf_Pack | Vow 1 [1,380]
xmercx | Vow 1 [214] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [265] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [325] COMPLETE | Vow 4 [275]
Zynk Kaladin | Vow 1 [1,115]

BLOOD ANGELS OUT-OF-COMPETITION VOWS

Fulgens | Vow 1 [745]

I Zynk Kaladin answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Mephiston, 2 Ravens(Hurricane Bolters), 1 Fragioso, and a Sanguinary Guard Squad(banner, 2 axes) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 1,115 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Night Angels (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I get home Sunday, so I'll start workin' of "Mephiston" (need a Night Angely name) next week and post a WIP thread in the BA forum. For Sanguinius!

EDIT: I didn't know one could lump many units into 1 vow (blasted finals rotting my brain)... updated accordingly! Yay motivation! laugh.png

EDIT2: August 15th accounted for! I'm burning to get home and start my vow!

EDIT3: Captain Semper, here's a link to my ETL II WIP.

I eXetus answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Astorath (conversion for successor), three ten-man assault squads, one 10-man Death Company and four Storm Raven Gunships from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 2,280 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sanguinary Phalanx (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I, Squirrelloid, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Predator Annihilators w/ Las Sponsons from the BA Codex, of total value 360 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

(starting small, since these are still half on sprues!)

WIP thread to come when i can find the cord to upload pictures from my digital camera (sigh).

I, Taranis, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Landraider Crusader(multi melta), a Landraider (multi melta), a Whirlwind, a DC Dreadnought (Heavy flamer), a tri las Predator (Hunterkiller), a TL lascannon Razorback, a landspeeder (Heavy flamer + Multi Melta) and 2 Fragioso (Heavy flamers, Magna grapples) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 1390 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Good start, Brothers. With the 5 vow limit I'm gonna try to do the heavy lifting in the beginning of the competition. So here goes the entire remaining carpark. I might dig up some more dreads, but next vow (hopefully) will be power armour.

Pics will be up in a few days, need to spray one of the landraiders.

WIP tread link is in my signature.

@ Captain S. Looking good. I can hear most of the B&C stirring in response. :)

I Leonaides answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one vindicator (incl siege shield), one BA captain (P Sword/Bolter), one command squad (JP's/4 Plasma) and a Terminator Librarian (with Storm Bolter) from Codex Blood Angels of total value 605pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

There will be Blood, brothers - this time we take back our crown and they shall all fear to rouse the might of Baal....

This time I will be completing more than just the 1 vow (since my other hobbies have calmed down) and the next batch will hopefully include a LRC, a termie squad (or 2 - need to check the bits box), possibly a few DC with toys and maybe a few more termie characters and maybe a dreadnought or 2.

I Wolf_Pack answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Mephiston from Blood Angels of total value 250 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

here are my 5:

- Mephiston ~ Complete!

-The Sanguinor ~ Complete!

- Sanguinary Priest, Power Axe, plasma pistol ~ Complete!

- 10 sternguard, combi weapons and power fist sergeant with Dedicated Land Raider ~ Complete!

- Librarian dreadnought ~ Compete!

For a total of 1,380 points.

All my pictures will be in my Conversions and Kitbashes thread : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274500-wolf-packs-blood-angels-conversions-and-kit-bashes/page-2

I, Gydeon, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Thirty marines from the Death Company from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 1710pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

For my first ever vow here upon the B&C forums, I might as well take a small chunk out of my army. See how well that goes and add more as time spirals closer to the end. Upon the morrow, I will generate my work in progress thread and will do what I can to make regular updates.

To Victory Brothers!

EDIT: Just adding in a link to my WIP thread. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275575-gydeons-work-in-progress-etl-ii-thread-picture-heavy/

Hello everyone, I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer. So I have a tournament coming up soon (as in this Saturday) and I wanted to include most of my models in my army as a vow for ETL. The problem is, I'm missing a bunch of bits, and only some things are assembled. Would it be acceptable to put pictures of everything I have so far? (I have piles of bits though too) I am getting the rest of the bits on Thursday. I also might change up a few of the bits on my models with what I get on Thursday, but probably nothing too major though. I just want to put my models towards the vow ASAP so that I can get to painting my army as soon as I can before Saturday morning. After all, I want to commit as many points as I can to our glorious chapter :)

I [Xmercx] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [One 9 man Devastator Squad with 4 plasma cannons] from [my as yet unnamed successor chapter of Blood Angels] of total value [214 points] on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to [The Blood Angels and all their successor chapters] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

pics as always can be found in my WiP thread:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256750-mercs-madness/

I will see about a second vow when I have finished with this one.  I was planing on doing a Sanguinor model but since like most of my HQ's it is going to be a scratch build from various kits it looks like he isn't going to be allowed for this so I will have to come up with something else.

edit to fix date in vow

Let's do this. . .  I have to work on my heavy support vehicles.

I j-smuv answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Stormraven Gunship (HurBolters, Cyclone, Plasma Cannon); a Vindicator (seige shield, HKM); a 5 man stock standard ASM squad; and a LRCrusader (MM) from the Blood Angels codex.  Additionally, I vow to complete a Death Storm Drop Pod (AC) from FW Imperial Armor Apocalypse Second Edition.  Total value 875 and will be completed on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lamenters and thereby the entire Sanguinary brotherhood and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Quick question:  if my Predator Executioner becomes official instead of experimental over the course of this challenge, may I add it to a subsequent vow?  Or is the cut-off the beginning of the ETL

I need to finish up my current project, but then the ETL stuff will take over my painting thread: 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273954-j-smuvs-painting-progress/

Great to see the sons of Sanguinius stir into action!

Now let me answer some questions:

Firstly please add the links to your WIP threads to your vows - it'll make it easier for me to track them (some of you have done it already, which is cool).

@ Deadpool: The vows are not supposed to be altered once made. There is some tolerence for the marginal tweaking but I cannot accept any major change in your points value. . So vow the full amount and provide pics as they become available. Also note that this is not suposed to a sprint but a marathon. Do you really want to paint up everything in 3 days? You have 3 months you know... I understand the tournament deadline you set for yourself, but we really like to see the minis painted to the best of your ability...

@ j-smuv: Yes. If new units become availble during the challenge they are legal to vow. Same applies in case a new Codex makes an appearence... smile.png

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

Great to see the sons of Sanguinius stir into action!

Now let me answer some questions:

Firstly please add the links to your WIP threads to your vows - it'll make it easier for me to track them (some of you have done it already, which is cool).

@ Deadpool: The vows are not supposed to be altered once made. There is some tolerence for the marginal tweaking but I cannot accept any major change in your points value. . So vow the full amount and provide pics as they become available. Also note that this is not suposed to a sprint but a marathon. Do you really want to paint up everything in 3 days? You have 3 months you know... I understand the tournament deadline you set for yourself, but we really like to see the minis painted to the best of your ability...

@ j-smurf: Yes. If new units become availble during the challenge they are legal to vow. Same applies in case a new Codex makes an appearence... smile.png

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that they would be purely cosmetic changes to the models, nothing altering any points values. For example, giving a mini a new torso, or different arms (of the same weapons of course), a new helmet, etc... Also these minis for my first vow wouldn't be all I have to paint, I plan on committing more after these. I will do the best work that I can on them, I just wanted to get my vow rolling as soon as possible so that I could get as many (quality) painted guys in before the tournament but still contribute those models I painted prior to the tournament to my chapter :) I have only been playing for about a year and this army for my tournament is a good majority of my models, so I wanted to help my brothers with as many points as possible!

A very strong start Blood Angels - keep it up!

@ Deadpool: Cosmetic changes are no problem at all. Just remember you need completed units - not individual models. ;)

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT.

A very strong start Blood Angels - keep it up!

@ Deadpool: Cosmetic changes are no problem at all. Just remember you need completed units - not individual models. msn-wink.gif

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT.

Won't be a problem :) I have enough for full units, and I'll provide WIP pictures for everything as they come in. So there will most likely be quite a few WIP pictures on my thread as opposed to one picture of everything :P I will make sure that it's all there though!

I Tatirokos answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Librarian(with jump pack), Sanguinary Priest(with jump pack), Devastator Squad( 5man squad w 3 MLs) as well as 2 RAS ( Full jumppack Squads with 2 meltas and a pw per squad)  from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of at least 770  points on or before August 15th.  Success will bring eternal glory to the Flesh Eaters (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275865-tatirokos-etl-ii/

I Mandaloriano answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Sanguinary priest (with Jump Pack and Energy Weapon), and a five man Assault Squad (Power Fist, Infernus Pistol, Plasma Gun) from Blood Angels Codex of total value 245 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Angels Encarmine (and by association, their Blood Angel brethren) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This is my first vow, I hope to enjoy it much!!!!

You could see my pics here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275628-mandaloriano%C2%B4s-etl-ii-vow/?do=findComment&comment=3373881

I'm sure you will. It's all fun and games.

My best advice is to get started quickly and complete half of the models in 1-3 weeks time. Then you get a feel for your "production" speed. I've no doubt that there's many more than just me who've been running late due to a slow start and thus turned up the pressure unnecessary. :)

Enjoy it. :)

I Deadpool1713 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 librarian with a jump pack, 1 Gabriel Seth, 1 Mephiston, 2 Reclusiarchs in terminator armor with storm bolters, 1 Furioso Dreadnought with heavy flamer, magna grapple, frag cannon, and drop pod, 2 Sanguinary Priests with jump packs and power fists, 2 squads of 10 assault marines with 2 meltas in each squad, 10 Death Company with 10 jump packs and 1 power fist, 5 scouts with camo cloaks and sniper rifles, and 2 squads of devastators with 4 rocket launchers in each sqaud from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 2385 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Flesh Tearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I must be insane blink.png

anyways, my wip can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275522-deadpools-e-tenebrae-lux-ii-wip-thread-d/

Wish me luck brothers, I'm going to need it.... I've never attempted painting this much, nor have I ever been a part of a painting competition on B&C. Also, as some of you may know, my experience with 40K is quite limited (been doing this for only about a year) Anyways, I bet this will turn out to be a lot of fun. I'd also appreciate it if you visit my thread and give me feedback on my work! Thanks biggrin.png GO BLOOD ANGELS!!!!!!! Flesh Tearers for me, but I support all of my BA and BA related brothers :) In the end, we are all sons of Sanguinius, and our points count towards the BA, so good luck brothers! May we all bring glory to our chapters and to Sanguinius!

I must be insane blink.png

Nope. Just ambitious and willing to go that extra mile for a Brotherhood of friends. That why you're an Blood Angel. That's what we all are.

May we all bring glory to our chapters and to Sanguinius!

Amen, Brother, Amen. We are in this together and we will finish this together. :)

@ Tatirokos: Welcome to B&C - it's always a pleasure to see the new members starting their positng in B&C through the ETL (had quite a few last year). Good luck with your vow!

@ mandaloriano: Having fun is compulsory! :D The BAs really need to regain their former glory and the new blood (horrible pun) certainly helps! Good luck!

@ Deadpool: :blink: All this for Saturday? surely not... As far as the ETL is concerned you have until August 15th... :D

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Tatirokos: Welcome to B&C - it's always a pleasure to see the new members starting their positng in B&C through the ETL (had quite a few last year). Good luck with your vow!

@ mandaloriano: Having fun is compulsory! biggrin.png The BAs really need to regain their former glory and the new blood (horrible pun) certainly helps! Good luck!

@ Deadpool: blink.png All this for Saturday? surely not... As far as the ETL is concerned you have until August 15th... biggrin.png

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I tossed a few things onto my first vow that I had ready to go, so some things that are on my vow are not for. At least I can start painting models for Saturday now :D I have just been assembling up to this point, and not everything is assembled wacko.png I've done work on my Raven though, that's almost good to go. It isn't part of the vow though because it is mostly done.

Archived