***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

++ LION’S VENGEANCE – HUNTER CLASS DESTROYER OF THE CONSECRATORS CHAPTER++

+THE STRATEGIUM+

Amadis entered the "Lion’s Vengeance" Strategium in a hurry. Around the long table of obsidian marble there were three warriors who immediately stood up in reverence at the arrival of their Chaplain. Without sitting or allowing the others to sit, Amadis looked at each one of the three sergeants, recognizing the familiar expressions of determination and single-mindedness.

There was Sergeant Baphomael, in charge of the 2nd squad of the 6th Company. A veteran of many deployments, the sergeant was renowned for his ability to see the big picture even when fighting on the battlefield. Then it was Veteran Sergeant Khadmiel leading the 6th Company Veterans. A result oriented, unrelenting individual of unparalleled savagery against the enemies of the Lion. Lastly Brother Oertha, Veteran Sergeant of the 4th squadron of the 2nd Company – the fearsome Ravenwing! The successful and speedy completion of his assignments was legendary even among his peers!

Pride filled Amadis and taking a deep breath said:

- Brothers, in these dark times, a new challenge has been presented to us. Are we to cower away, pretending it is not our fight? Are we to ignore the call of duty and turn silently to our own private affairs?

NO!

As always the Unforgiven stood as one to meet the challenge and put to shame other Loyalists and Traitors alike. The glory of the Lion will shine and the Emperor looks upon us with the stern conviction that the First Legion will, once more, deliver on his expectations. Against all odds we will prevail!

WHAT IS THE TERROR OF DEATH?

- TO DIE OUR WORK INCOMPLETE! The three sergeants answered as one.

- WHAT IS THE JOY OF LIFE?

- TO DIE KNOWING OUR TASK IS DONE!

The sergeants saluted, bringing the right fist to the chest, and exited the room without another word. Amadis smiled under his helmet.

:D

Well over the last month 52 brave members of the Dark Angels sub-forum committed for the 2012 Librarium Painting Challenge (LPC). The recruitment effort can be found here: "Librarium's Painting Challenge - Phase I". In order to make the whole process more manageable I took the initiative to compile all the WIP threads in this one, so all members can readily have a look on each individual’s progress and direct our support and encouragement accordingly. It will also be a good overview on the collective progress of the Dark Angels sub-forum and a place for discussion of the LPC developments in general (spy work?).

I believe this thread will help steel our determination to see this Challenge to the end!

All DA participants are listed here in alphabetical order. If you don’t see your name or your LPC WIP thread below, say so here or PM me so I can add it. The participants that I could not find their WIP threads are marked in yellow.

I intend to add the status of each vow as we progress. This would in the form of a red “VOW 100% COMPLETE!” indication next to the name of each participant who actually completes the vow. If people want, they can post how much of their vow they feel they have completed at any time in the form of a percentage and I can add it to the list so that we all can have an overview of the situation. This would be completely subjective and up to each participant to judge how much progress is done. Since most participants have already made some progress you can start posting your “completion rates” up to now and then update them every time you update the WIP thread – or even more frequently if you feel like it. These will be marked in orange. I’ve already added mine as an example.

I think this will be good fun for all!

List of Dark Angels LPC WIP threads:

1 bevulf - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

2 Brother dean - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

3 Brother Immolator - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

4 Brother Kovash - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

5 Brother-Captain Sharp- VOW 100% COMPLETE!

6 Brother-Sergeant Bohemond - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

7 Buyback

8 Cactus - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

9 CAM77 - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

10 Captain Semper - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

11 company veteran - VOW 70% COMPLETE

12 Dark Rage - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

13 Darkest Angel - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

14 dragonknight4275

15 Droma - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

16 egon1six - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

17 Elmo9141 - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

18 Flint&Steel - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

19 Gillyfish - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

20 Grand Master Belial - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

21 Grand Master Neo - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

22 Grotsmasha - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

23 Hemal - WIP PENDING

24 Hexagon Sun - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

25 Hezekiel - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

26 Ignatia Mortis - VOW 50% COMPLETE

27 Lord_Hail - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

28 Louis - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

29 MadDoc - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

30 march10k - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

31 Mercy of Spades - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

32 Millicant

33 Order_of _the _Dragon - VOW 85-90% COMPLETE

34 Pbenner - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

35 Piousservant - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

36 piper76

37 PR_Luzbelito - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

38 puck - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

39 pueriexdeus - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

40 roninmodern - WIP PENDING

41 sargon29 - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

42 Shadow Guard - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

43 Skink- VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

44 Smellyfox - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

45 Stobz - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

46 stuka06 - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

47 Tengo - VOW 50-55% COMPLETE

48 Uhr - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

49 Vazzy - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

50 Wayward - VOW 100% COMPLETE!

51 Yellow Stripe - VOW 100% COMPLETE! icon12.gif

52 Zincite- VOW 100% COMPLETE!

So, unleash the fury of the Unforgiven!!!

***TO MAKE THE MODS LIFE EASIER AND TO AVOID CONFUSION PLEASE POST THE COMPLETED VOWS IN THE OFFICIAL LPC-2012 THREAD HERE ALONG WITH A LINK TO YOUR WIP THREAD***

AS AT 31 March 2012:

OVERALL COMPLETIONS: 42

OVERALL COMPLETION RATE: 80.8%

A massive thank you to Captain Semper for getting so many of us involved in the LPC and keeping us motivated to complete it. Even if nothing formal can be done, within the Rock he shall always be the Master of Recruits!

I've completed the Company Master for the Third, his command squad and am about half way through the first Predator. I'd say about 60-70% complete and hope I can finish the whole thing in the next two weeks or so. Then the bigger task of completing the rest of the Third starts :D

Captain Semper, it is with both great pride and great joy that I have the honour of calling you brother, your dedication to the chapters is nothing other than inspiring.

What a fantastic job, tracking down 52 WIP threads, must have been reasonably time consuming, I know my WP thread is atleast a few pages down. I guess all your experience of hunting fallen came in handy eh?

I loved that little narrative regarding Chaplain Amadis too, I might have to name drop some of your characters in my stories ;)

I'm sure you will be forever remembered as a hero of the chapter!

Also congratulations to brothers Bevulf and Brother Paul, well done on being among the first in the chapter to complete their charge!

Now it's just to motivate all of those brothers whose dedication to their chapter is found to be... lacking.

Who had the flagellum last?

As for an update on the Tengo front (Too small an update to bother my WIP thread with)

Venerable Dreadnought is now based, and assembled in two parts for painting purposes.

Both parts are primed.

legs and base is in painting progress.

Green stuff has been bought to fill up the gaps in the 'torso'

Hobby Drill has been bought, Tactical Deathwing squad (and assault sgt) will be getting their barrels drilled.

The repair of Asmodai will begin today, he will have his Crozius back, and will be fully painted before the week is out.

Assault Deathwing squad has been fully assembled and all primed. One terminator has received a full dheneb basecoat, the apothecary has 90% of the Dheneb Basecoat applied, with the rest awaiting paint.

Cpt. Belial of the unforgiven fists is still, essentially as I bought him, he will probably be the last for me to start work on and finish.

it's hard to put a percentage on that, and infact Cpt. Semper, I'd rather you be the judge of the rate of completion. Techinically, as nothing is complete, I'm stuck still at 0% completion, but most of the tasks are well on their way to being completed, and I have done what seems like the majority of the necessary work, so I would estimate a fair 50% completion.

Thanks guys for your kind words ;) - and the new title/rank. :lol:

Making this is fun, pure and simple! And there will be more. Trust me on that.

@ Tengo: The names of the characters are the names I've given them in my Consecrators army (check the thread - you'll see them there :D)- and ultimately come from the Book of Names from Isiah's super site: The Dark Fortress! I plan on using it further as I build up more squads... BTW the "story" begins in my last post in the LPC - Phase 1 thread and will continue as the Challenge progress to give an "allegorical" account of what's happening.

Now regarding your completion rate, I'll adopt the 50% you mention as you do not have to actually complete a miniature but rather do 50% of the work needed.

Here we go guys. We need 100% completion. If you need motivation and are in the US, I will be there for you! Get this done. 100% would mean so much more to me than beating the BA, that is a secondary prize in my mind.

Paul

Brothers, I bring you news that will make you proud!

Our brother, Stuka, all this time, alone and deep in enemy territory (the WIP sub-forum :evil:) has managed to complete his vow to 100%.

Congratulations Stuka for completing so early! Hip, hip...

@ egon1six: good progress mate! Found the pics. Do you think you can upload them to your WIP thread as well? It'll make it much easier for the mods to track it down! Keep you're pace - this is great! ;)

Brothers, I bring you news that will make you proud!

Our brother, Stuka, all this time, alone and deep in enemy territory (the WIP sub-forum :evil:) has managed to complete his vow to 100%.

Congratulations Stuka for completing so early! Hip, hip...

@ egon1six: good progress mate! Found the pics. Do you think you can upload them to your WIP thread as well? It'll make it much easier for the mods to track it down! Keep you're pace - this is great! ;)

Well done to brother Stuka.

My private life is renovating and painting house instead of models, not too much longer and I'll be back on track.

BTW: Captain S, You need to approach a Mod and get your 'rank' modified to Master S inplace of Captain S, that way you can lead the 10th Company of an Unforgiven Company and hold the title Master of Recuits instead of using a 'nilla unit rank.

stobz

Hahahaha, thx Stobz!

And to think that my name was Imperial Navy inspired - not even 'nilla marines. Seriously if you can get your hands on "Execution Hour" do read it - a refreshing look at the Black Library past (2001 was it?), away form all the HH series and the ultra serious stuff that are now produced. I think Execution Hour to be the "Casablanca" of the BL books - b-movie may very well be, but a masterpice nonetheless! The book is still available from the BL site btw...

Anyway back to the Unforgiven...

@ Droma: Good stuff man! So your Azzy is 50% done - I'm updating your completion rate!

Hey, I'm done. I only had to complete 1 DW model though, and, it being an older terminator, was done far quicker than I thought.

Just snagged a coulple of half hours here and there...

Anyway, thanks Cpt. Semper (Fi) to get me to paint and finish the model. :) I quite enjoyed it all. I will very probably finish my other DW models in an upcoming vacation (no laptop and tv = loads of spare time, doing not muc... loving it!) while reading the (hopefully then) new codex.

I'll stick around of course and try and help the others.

For the Lion !! :D

Congrats Flint&Steel! Unfortunately I couldn't see your finished product because I'm at work and some images are blocked :D

Regardless, you did finsh - so kudos to you Sir! List updated!!!

For the Lion! and happy holydays!!!

I can now say that I am on schedule with my vow - 5 Scouts done :lol:

This is a great idea Capt Semper, it is keeping me motivated

but a small point - my name is wrong on the list :)

LPC UPDATE #1

I have assembled and primed all 3 Dreadnoughts. Dread #1 is 90% complete. I have attempted my hand at drybrushing this model. Dread #2 has a base coat of DA green. I will be attempting a more "direct" approach with painting this model. Dread #3 is just primed might try my hand at stipling with this one. C/C is always appreciated!

Dread #1 :http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q608/egon1six/dread1-1.jpg

Dread#2: http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q608/egon1six/dread2.jpg

Dread#3: http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q608/egon1six/dread3.jpg

All 3: http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q608/egon1six/dreadall3.jpg

I can now say that I am on schedule with my vow - 5 Scouts done ;)

This is a great idea Capt Semper, it is keeping me motivated

but a small point - my name is wrong on the list ;)

Sorry about that - Fixed now! ^_^

Would you say you are 33% done? (as in 5 out of the 15 promised minis?)

Go for 33% complete on my vow.

I was thinking of 3 weeks for the Assault Marines and I have already started getting them ready for undercoat. Pictures should be up on my WIP tomorrow.

That should still leave a couple of weeks for a Tactical squad so I am quietly confident of going for the vow + bonus points :)

Archived