+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

+++ETL III – IMPERIAL GUARD STRATEGIUM+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_06.jpg

Proud servants of the Emperor,

This is it! After scouting in the previous ETL now is the time to make your presence felt – the hard way! The innumerable millions of the Imperial Guard will march to the enemy supported by tank columns and artillery in quantities unprecedented. The sledgehammer of the Emperor will level all enemy resistance and declare the warriors of humanity as:

PRIMUS INTER PARES!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to ETL III and the Imperial Guard Strategium! Here is the home for those who want to participate in the ETL putting their weight behind the Codex: Astra Militarum and Militarum Tempestus! And keep in mind that the Imperial Guard will not fight alone! They have the full backing of other Imperial agencies, so expect the support of the devout Adepta Sororitas, the purest of soul Grey Knights and the Mighty Mechanicum of Mars. All those forums will stand as one to face their rivals, Loyalists and Traitors alike!
The rules of ETL III can be found below:

E TENEBRAE LUX III RULES

So what purpose does the Strategium serve? Well, its official function includes the following:

• Post vows & declare completions. This is very important as placing the vows elsewhere will create unnecessary confusion and lead to mistakes. Also if you do not report the completion here, your status will not be updated.
  • Participation tables. Here I will be updating the rosters of participation so make sure you see your name is listed and that your status is correct - and if not, notify me. Furthermore, given the diversity of the Angels of Death faction, I will group all participants according to the forum of origination.
  • Post your pictures. Remember, we need at least two – one “before” and one “after” but feel free to post as many WIP pictures as you like!
  • Weekly updates. This is where I’ll be posting every week an update of the event in general so the frater can keep track of what is going on in the wider picture.
  • You are also welcome to use this thread to encourage each other, devise strategies, discuss the developments of the ETL and of course ask questions. For the latter you can also PM me.

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Before we kick off I’d like to bring your attention to the fact that his year, apart from the Codex: Imperial Guard you may choose one of the following FW lists for your vows if you so wish:

Additional army lists:

* Elysian Drop Troops Army List from Imperial Armour Volume 3 – The Taros Campaign (2nd Ed.)
* Detachment D-99 Elysian Drop troop Veterans from Imperial Armour Volume 4 – The Amphelion Project
* DKoK Siege Regiment from Imperial Armour Volume 5 – The Siege of Vraks – Part 1 (6th ed. pdf update)
* DKoK Armoured Battlegroup from Imperial Armour Volume 7 – The Siege of Vraks – Part 3
* Elysian Drop Troop Army List from Imperial Armour Volume 8 – Raid on Kastorel Novem
* DKoK Assault Brigade Army from Imperial Armour Volume 12 – The Fall of Orpheus

So with no further ado, let’s begin!

IMPERIAL GUARD - LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
The list is alphabetical.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Header_06.jpg

IMPERIAL GUARD - LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

The list is alphabetical.

Brother Chaplain Kage | Vow 1 [258]

Calgar 2.0 | Vow 1 [440]

CaptainHelion | Vow 1 (1,396) COMPLETE

captain sox | Vow 1 (75) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (200) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (175) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (140) COMPLETE

Capt'm Heckus | Vow 1 (301) COMPLETE 

chaplainmikey | Vow 1 (445) COMPLETE

cypherthefallenangel | Vow 1 (670) COMPLETE

+DAN+ | Vow 1 [446]

Dark_Apostle_XVII | Vow 1 (405) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (350) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (65) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (370) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (805) COMPLETE

Elspikeo | Vow 1 [130]

firewind | Vow 1 [455]

hendric | Vow 1 (885) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,045) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (335) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (245) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (360) COMPLETE

Idlem | Vow 1 (190) COMPLETE

Immersturm | Vow 1 [615]

Kierdale | Vow 1 (626) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (155) COMPLETE

Ldorte | Vow 1 (170) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (580) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (520) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (1,075) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (825) COMPLETE

lionofjudah | Vow 1 (1,122) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (120) COMPLETE

march10k | Vow 1 (1,590) COMPLETE

Nicodemus Dolosorus | Vow 1 (250) COMPLETE

our_baz | Vow 1 (445) COMPLETE

panda squirrel | Vow 1 [1,491]

rai | Vow 1 (125)

scatmandoo | Vow 1 (299) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (476) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (131) COMPLETE

spafe | Vow 1 (540) COMPLETE

Sviar | Vow 1 (395) COMPLETE

Sinthos117 | Vow 1 [2,765]

The_Oni_ of_Hindsight | Vow 1 [741]

uberwolfe | Vow 1 (107) COMPLETE

Walter h | Vow 1 [tbc]

Warriorfish | Vow 1 (580) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (206) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (140) COMPLETE

Out-of-Competition vows

Arizonajirt | Vow 1 (1,079) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (921) COMPLETE

I Sviar answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete  2 Chimeras, 1 manticore, 10 veterans  of total value of 395 points,on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory for the Holy God Emperor, Olof the Grim and  the worlds of Sviar and its proud citizens. If I fail I will wear the badge of shame util the years end.

Chimera with HB :65p

Chimera with HB: 65p

Maticore: 170

Veterans with 2 Meltaguns and one with a plasmagun a Lasgun and Chainsword for the Sergeant.:95p

Is it a 5 vow maximum as last year?

Before some of the traitor regiments vow to the Forces of the Imperium, I will merely point out that the FW Tyrant's legion and all 3 Vrak's Renegade lists can be used for vows in the Chaos forums (and can be intermixed with CSM and Demon vows, for chaos is ever-flexible). 

Do Not Lend Your Strength to the Lackeys of the False Emperor! Declare your Vows under the Eyes of the True Gods, and Join us in Glory!
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290387-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-realm-of-chaos-strategium/

I CtFA vow a vulture gunship, 20 stormtroopers, and a vendetta to start.

Vulture gunship with punisher cannons, ir targeting, and chaff launchers. Points 170

Vendetta stock. Points 170

10 kasrkin stormtroopers with a p-sword, flamer and g-launcher. Points 155

10 old stormtroopers w/ plasma pistol, 2x plasma guns. Pts. 175

Totalling 670pts to start.

Edited to add wip link. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281027-ctfas-renegade-artillery-regiment/?p=3599231

5 vow maximum just like last year Sviar :) I have my Platoon assembled, I'll get them up for my vow tonight as... wait, did I read that right? Super heavies are in? drool.gif THRONE OF TERRA. Do I stick with the original Platoon plan or leap straight into a Baneblade? Emperor's biscuits, why am I out of the country this weekend? Who's idea was that, I'll have them shot!

And so commences my first ever ETL Vow.

I will begin by apologising to all my fellow traitors over at the Chaos Strategium but this year I will be representing the Imperial Guard. Whilst next year, I will likely be making the move over to the Chaos Legios, and as tempting as it is to join Chaos today as use the Forge World lists, my loyalties must remain here. As a new member of the B&C, the support and positive feedback on my very first project log (Traitor Guard) I have received in this forum has been astounding. The members here have definitely inspired me to keep up my painting progress (they know who they are and I thank them) and will certainly be the ones whose encouragement will get me through my first vow; it will be a pleasure to paint alongside them.

Consider it an Alpha Legion-esque tactic where I shall attempt to convert a few more over to Chaos next year after they see the wonders of Chaos... ;)

Without further adieu...

I Dark_Apostle_XVII answer the call of E TENEBRAE
LUX and vow to complete:

1 Leman Russ with Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blade
and Camo-Netting – represented by Daemonic possession protecting it. See
Chained up hatch and tentacles etc below, if this is unacceptable please amend as necessary and deduct 15 points from my total. (190 Points),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14073888824/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14070254652/

3 Bullgryns with Power Mauls and Brute Shields
(190),

1 Ministorum Priest (25),

from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 405 Points, on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to my comrades in the Imperial Guard Forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Link to my existing Work in Progress thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289558-traitor-guard/

ETLIII updates start from the top of page: 3

Glory to the Dark Gods!! *cough* *cough* I mean the Emperor… 

Good Luck Guys!

Here is my 'Before' Picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14070217101/

I will be painting  Straken and his command squad, a 10 man vet squad and a 10 man troop squad, 1 priest and ...something that will surprise me I'm sure:)

POints wise... I dont know yet, will add that later as well.

Cheers gents...lets show the B&C what the might of the guard is all about

I hearby vow, upon the honour of father Kierdale himself, that I will complete the following units by the end of ETL3:

First up: Company command squad, 4x plasma gun, officer w/ 2x plasma pistol. 150pts.

gallery_63428_8145_28841.jpg

Another company command squad: 4x flamer, officer with bolt pistol, laurels of command, blade of conquest. 131pts.

gallery_63428_8145_23508.jpg

A third company command squad: 4x melta gun, officer with blade of conquest and tactical auto-reliquary of Tiberius 150pts.

gallery_63428_8145_6914.jpg

One triple mortar heavy weapon squad. 60pts.

gallery_63428_8145_6880.jpg

And a couple of infantry squads:

squad one: grenade launcher, auto-cannon. 65pts.

gallery_63428_8145_26307.jpg

Squad two: grenade launcher, missile launcher. 70pts.

med_gallery_63428_8145_31334.jpg

And last but not least two models which won't earn me points as they're not parts of squads, but I'm going to do them anyway: a standard bearer.

gallery_63428_8145_7611.jpg

And a vox carrier.

gallery_63428_8145_28001.jpggallery_63428_8145_33021.jpggallery_63428_8145_20797.jpg

Thread here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/269424-shrineworld-garrison-priest-completed-49/page-11?do=findComment&comment=3669392

601pts in total.

And, should I fail in this vow, I shall construct the statue I have of Father Kierdale (the priest model from Inquisitor) not as the glorious icon it should be...but rather desecrated and defiled.

Okay so here is my vow:

Commisar Lord- Power Weapon and Carapace Armour  -  85pts

Scion Command Squad - Vox, 3 Hotshot Volley-guns, Power Weapon - 135pts

5 Scions - Vox, Plasma Gun  - 80pts

1 Valkyrie - Lascannon, Rocket Pods  - 145pts

Total - 445pts

Not the biggest vow ever but one that I feel comfortable painting to a deadline.

For Terra!

Excellent, more heroic pledges to the cause! Some great conversions there Kier, especially the non-vow models smile.png

That's almost 450pts mikey, which is quite a big vow. Guardsmen are quite cheap remember, it's the burden and handicap we must carry. Just an excuse to paint more tanks really, as if I needed one tongue.png

As such I've decided to paint up the Baneblade. What better way to lead the ETL charge? I'll be going from the Apoc II entry for point and options values, if they're not different to the Escalation one? I better pop into GW to pick up another pot or two of Castellan Green!

I have every intention of doing the Platoon too, my aim is to get three vows done this year if I can biggrin.png For the Guard and Emperor!

I Panda Squirrel  answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following from codex astra militarium of total value 1,491 pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end 

leman russ vanquisher w/ plasma sponsons, las cannon 175 pts
chimera 65 pts
leman russ executioner, plasma sponsons, lascannon 195 pts
chimera w/ dozer blade 70 pts
leman russ battle tank, las cannon, hb sponsons 180 pts
leman russ vanquisher, hb, hb sponsons 155 pts
madicore, spot light, smoke 176 pts
basilisk 125pts
leman russ battle tank, hb, hb sponsons 170 pts
leman russ battle tank, hb sponsons, las cannon 180 pts

WIP link to follow

I Elspikeo, Warboss of the green hoard, Captain of the VII Legion under the Emperor and dabbler of the Warp answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX in the name of the Astra Militarium and vow to complete my humble squad of Ogryns.

These are my very first steps into the world of the glorious Imperial Guard and if time and lusts allows, I will pledge more men for the meat grinder.

The points are no more than a measly 130pt as of right now.

This is my "before" picture:

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10174869_692626760794999_506483432998221810_n.jpg

I have two short questions:

1. Is the picture provided in a good format, visible and approved or is it frowned upon using external links?

2. If I have understood it all corrected, I would be able to make up to 4 further vows before this ETL i finished?

This is my first post in the forum for about a year and the first ever ETL I participate in.

I Panda Squirrel answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following from codex astra militarium of total value 1,491 pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

leman russ vanquisher w/ plasma sponsons, las cannon 175 pts

chimera 65 pts

leman russ executioner, plasma sponsons, lascannon 195 pts

chimera w/ dozer blade 70 pts

leman russ battle tank, las cannon, hb sponsons 180 pts

leman russ vanquisher, hb, hb sponsons 155 pts

madicore, spot light, smoke 176 pts

basilisk 125pts

leman russ battle tank, hb, hb sponsons 170 pts

leman russ battle tank, hb sponsons, las cannon 180 pts

WIP link to follow

Emperor's biscuits, I think I'm in love. So many beautiful tanks. Excuse me, I've just got something in my eye...

I Elspikeo, Warboss of the green hoard, Captain of the VII Legion under the Emperor and dabbler of the Warp answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX in the name of the Astra Militarium and vow to complete my humble squad of Ogryns.

These are my very first steps into the world of the glorious Imperial Guard and if time and lusts allows, I will pledge more men for the meat grinder.

The points are no more than a measly 130pt as of right now.

This is my "before" picture:

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10174869_692626760794999_506483432998221810_n.jpg

I have two short questions:

1. Is the picture provided in a good format, visible and approved or is it frowned upon using external links?

2. If I have understood it all corrected, I would be able to make up to 4 further vows before this ETL i finished?

This is my first post in the forum for about a year and the first ever ETL I participate in.

Rather then use their cdn why not make use of our own galleries here in the B&C? You can create and manage a gallery for your stuff very easily, let me know if you need any help smile.png Last but not least there is no such thing as measly, here in the Guard we know never to underestimate the smallest of things - something our opponents learn to their detriment msn-wink.gif

Welcome both, I greatly look forward to seeing your participation here biggrin.png

This is the BBCode you want for the image. Alternatively click the image icon just below the font colour/smiley buttons and paste the image URL in (http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg).

[img=http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg]

I, WarriorFish, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Baneblade from the Imperial Guard of total value 580pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Vow 1:

1 Baneblade

- 1x sponson pair

- 1x pintle heavy stubber

580pts

If I fail to complete all my vows I will assemble and paint an Eldars Farseer! Yes, I'm that serious about it! Forward to glory, that 100% completion is ours for the taking!

edit: Here is my WIP topic for this vow.

Sorry if there is already somewhere that tells me how to do this, feel free to just point me in that direction but if not would one of you guys mind showing me how I add the ETL oath thing to my signature? Cheers smile.png

How I did it was to click on the image at the start of this thread which brought up a box which had a 'save' option. I clicked that and it opened a new tab of the image and from that I copied the page address and pasted it in the signature part of the 'edit my profile' option using the insert image button.

I did it while on my PS3's browser so I'm not sure if the steps will be the same but if you still have trouble then I'm sure a more tech-savy member would be more than happy to help. smile.png

Edit - Ninja'd by Warriorfish whilst typing! :P

Archived